The Photography Thread

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Doc, Nice one...

bk1980, Upload your image in imageshack or flickr or some other site and share your link here. There is a icon (yellow square with mountain and sun in it) just above the message box, click it and paste your link in the pop up window and click OK.

Criztle, Images are dull, I am afraid :(

Images for C&C

*img137.imageshack.us/img137/8731/img4884i.jpg

*img109.imageshack.us/img109/434/img5670dp.jpg

*img40.imageshack.us/img40/9591/img5681k.jpg

Prashant, First one is little better...

Trublu, Neat and clean. Picture like this shows the IQ of DSLR.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Criztle if you shot at maximum zoom i wonder where is the background blur. The peacocks aren't isolated from the surroundings :O

Nac first shot could have been better in hdr. I wonder why no one is shooting clouds and scenery in hdr. Rainy season is the best time to get those out-of-the-world shots :D

Second shot is good :):)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@nac, why does first shot seem hazy to me?

And, you have shot other two under hard light, hence 2nd one is overexposed and b/w conversion could not save third one. You could have tried to make 3rd one a bit more dark. Would be good then IMO.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Rhitwick,
Thank you... I really appreciate your comments.

First shot is soft because of smaller Av.

Then I need to learn to take photographs in bright light. I don't how I could've taken the 2nd and 3rd better. But I will sure try to take better...

Some editing on the third one...

*img594.imageshack.us/img594/7799/img5682i.jpg

Prashant,
I thought nobody likes my HDR posted earlier as there was no comments about it. I assumed it wasn't impressive enough to deserve a comment ;) I would have tried HDR if that was bracketed shot.

Thank you...

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Prashant, Second one is good. What do you think of going even closer? (Other than scaring the butterfly and let it fly away.... ;) It would be good to see the details so close... You would have seen Toofan's macro... It should be like that close...

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer
@marvelousprashant i dont know my cam has only 16 x zoom and i took on manual setting it was very far...

here 2 more it was sitting on a tree just outside my window

*i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm139/coin_researcher/DSC05501.jpg

*i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm139/coin_researcher/DSC05493.jpg

kayjsharp

Right off the assembly line
Even i love to click pics, but my friend says i am very bad at it...:-(
hope one day my friend would appreciate my photographs.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac nice moment captured

@prashant very nice pics...colors r nice

@criztle nice peacock...too many distractions in front but the peacock is looking sharp

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@marvelousprashant, real good butterfly shots.
First one is not well composed (or, taken from an unusual angle :p )
Second one is marvelous! Very good color reproduction and good macro.

abhidev

Human Spambot
@criztle....amazing shots dude....only if you could zoom some more...it would hv been awesome!!! where did u see it by the way?

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
Wonderful shots everyone!

I finally got some time to shoot but not much.. Took out my cam yesterday almost after a month.. I've been really busy and unfortunately these would probably be my last shots for a long time now... well lets see.. :|

First attempt at capturing stars.. Although the conditions were absolutely not suitable for star shots as I shot this from my home terrace in the middle of the city with so much light and air pollution but the rain in the morning cleared the sky a bit so I thought I'd give it a try...

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8003/7543120338_b876683e31_z.jpg
Stars by Jaggy89, on Flickr

A random bird shot..

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8027/7543124684_4dc85e2a32_z.jpg
Bird by Jaggy89, on Flickr

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer
@sujoy @abhidev thx :)
while i as eating my lunch i saw it jst outside my window.......
that was the maximum zoom in my cam.... yeah there were too many distractions but managed to these shot from my window which is very small and narrow

@jagg89

very gud shot at the random bird...its very cute

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Thanks everyone

Nac : going close in my case would mean jumping from my roof :D
Criztle : i like the way you say 'only 16x zoom '.:eek::D

Rhitwik : butterflies were too fast. Did not do any composing. Took photos in burst mode.

@abhidev : lol. Criztle is not a dude
:D (hint in signature )

Jagga : nice bird shot. Looks like it is posing for the photoshoot

Last edited:
Top Bottom