The Photography Thread

Stuge

Youngling
@medico: now I liked that picture :)

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6155/6267231400_6fdcc63c30_z.jpg

*www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=26...758595909.6816.112549338784151&type=1&theater

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Bloom

@Stuge - Thats a lovely catch.

Are they gonna allow cameras (and atleast 70-300m lens) in F1 race? I am planning to attend.

Bloom

In this series, I have tried to shoot the lotuses in various stages of blooming.

*img577.imageshack.us/img577/3373/img8409hm.jpg

*img233.imageshack.us/img233/3273/img7921s.jpg

*img14.imageshack.us/img14/4209/img8405o.jpg

*img16.imageshack.us/img16/547/img7914t.jpg

*img542.imageshack.us/img542/860/img8394.jpg

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
After a long time my dream of clicking car tail-light photos came true...
Few shots that I took that day. Please comment and provide tips for better photos.

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6159/6268821605_dc5a3e80bc_b.jpg
IMG_3193 by rH1twick, on Flickr

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6114/6268818799_3583671a37_b.jpg
IMG_3192 by rH1twick, on Flickr

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6235/6268815177_063d9b7ac6_b.jpg
IMG_3172 by rH1twick, on Flickr

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
wow very nice images from all.

@Toofan: amazing/ mind blowing/ ... macros. liked them all.
@sujoy, stuge, medico and rhitwick: nice snaps

I got today Tamron 70-300 VC di USD lens. haven't taken any photo yet. (Forgot my camera at friend's home :( ) soon will post images, very excited about this lens.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@rhitwick These r nice light trails...great work

@Stuge ...I have never seen soo many stars for a long time...liked ur pic

@kjuvale congrats for Tammy 70-300 VC USD :)

ulysses

Broken In
Hi Guys
I understand most of you guys are photo gear and methods experts.Iam goind to sound a bit foolish asking advise of the the camera I having in mind.
Kindly bear with me.
Iam just a average joe who is having a 10 year old Nikon Cool Pix E775 Digital camera.(point and shoot). It does not have much zoom but does reasonable photos in sunlight and brightly lit rooms.

Iam thinking of buying this budget (baby DSLR) high zoom camera.

*i55.tinypic.com/34z0gsk.jpg

Flipkart.com: Fujifilm FinePix S2950: Camera

I read the reviews in Amazon.Video seems not too good.But basic photos + zoom may be ok.
I can get this from Letsbuy.com @ Rs 8150(with out 4GB card but with No brand camera bag by prepaying with credit card or @Rs 8599 on Cash on delivery)
Flipcart -no discount -Cash on delivery @Rs 9350-with 4 GB card+ branded bag..
I read somewhere with Tripod this camera takes better photo with out shaking.
The next alternative is this.But is costing almost 40% more.

Could you guys come down from your "DSLR" high standards and give some suggestions to camera newbie like me!:wink:

Flipkart.com: Nikon Coolpix L120: Camera

*i51.tinypic.com/efkj7m.jpg

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^ Point and shoot cameras can never match a DSLR quality due to sensor, lenses and various other factors.

I'd recommend you go for a second hand entry level DSLR - canon or nikon - in your specified budget.

ulysses

Broken In
^^ Point and shoot cameras can never match a DSLR quality due to sensor, lenses and various other factors.

I'd recommend you go for a second hand entry level DSLR - canon or nikon - in your specified budget.
Thanks a_medioco for your suggestion.
But I dont buy anything second hand not even if given free.
I did not want a DSLR (which starts from rs 20-30K onwards).Just a better zoom point and shoot with slightly better options.
I shall open a new thread soon.
But Iam sure impressed with all you guys passion for photography and finer aspects.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^Get a camera which has manual control.

Play with Shutter speed.
Mainly the lower the shutter speed the longer the trail is.
A tripod is must or at least place the cam on a solid ground.

Focus and press shutter and wait.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^Get a camera which has manual control.

Play with Shutter speed.
Mainly the lower the shutter speed the longer the trail is.
A tripod is must or at least place the cam on a solid ground.

Focus and press shutter and wait.

Thnx, It can't be done by holding in hands?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Even if with slight shake you won't get perfect trails. Truy it out in real. You will see the difference and would come to know the optimum setings for ur cam.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Flower in my own studio (I made a home made light tent...still searching for a powerful cfl or led):smile:

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-pvuPBPcPHWE/TqUBYSnFaeI/AAAAAAAAGzc/CmKNjPKcPjs/s800/DSC_9368_2.JPG

*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hf9NaUU2AjM/TqUBWgtHfSI/AAAAAAAAGzU/5qAtTVVYs0Y/s800/DSC_9374.JPG

sujoyp

Grand Master
Guys I need your help with my light box

I made this light box for product photography...but I am not getting enough light inside

*lh4.googleusercontent.com/-vYhRJPWkZ3g/TqVWTmsQh0I/AAAAAAAAGzw/erl5EYNZp0w/s800/DSC_9385.JPG

There is also option for a bulb at the bottom to remove shadows below the product..:smile:

I am also planning to get a acrylic sheet to get reflections

I made it with the help of this link - How to Make An Inexpensive Light Tent – DIY

How do I put more light...is there any powerful mini cfl

Please suggest:)

Last edited:

lm2k

Journeyman
Guys I need your help with my light box

I made this light box for product photography...but I am not getting enough light inside

How do I put more light...is there any powerful mini cfl

Please suggest:)

Sujoy u are using those cfls without reflectors,
Try pasting something like aluminium foil inside a concave bowl,drill hole in it and suspend those cfl inside this concave reflector(little trial and error to get exact position), like those parabolic reflectors used in old light houses, u see cfl's act as pt source and give light in all directions,focus it .also u can use a positive lense but its diameter must be large and focal length must be least.(placing cfl @principle focus of the lense)
;-)
Btw u took very nice macro,and lot of effort get that nice light tent

Last edited:
Top Bottom