The Photography Thread

toofan

Technomancer
InS: Very few are good and most are not. Try to think before clicking
1. What you want to shoot.
2. Why you want that to shoot.
3. Any distractions in the scene.
4. Check the composition.
5. Don't shoot because you have a digital camera. Think you are shooting on a film roll. Means be selective.

Your most of images are looking dull. May be some camera setting went wrong. Every scene is beautiful but not beautifully taken. Don't feel bad. Its only my views to improve myself and others also.

Enjoy the trip. And Improve.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
That truck is taller than mountains.

These pics remind me of "The Fall". I so excited for Leh travel :p

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@stuge - The sky in original pic was total washed out. I was playing with a graduated filter under GIMP but couldn't get it right so left it. Then I increased the saturation & bumped up the exposure somewhat to give a dreamy look(which didn't work much). I purposely processed this as to look a screenshot from computer games & not an original pic shot with a camera.

Stuge

Youngling
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4082/4821495482_a88063cdf1_z.jpg

well an ordinary picture .there was just too much contrast between sky and tracks .

@INS : I have no comments on Pictures : I will say enjoy the tour :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Went to Malsejghat today for a one day tour...
Here are few pics...

*lh5.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/TEsDVRpEGGI/AAAAAAAABMY/zlTDbXaUJzs/s800/IMG_1925.JPG

*lh5.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/TEsDZ3CyaRI/AAAAAAAABMc/ORhduXebjC0/s800/IMG_1926.JPG

*lh5.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/TEsDdxsqWvI/AAAAAAAABMg/p8SkkkeFES4/s400/IMG_1927.JPG

*lh5.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/TEsDhqzDeUI/AAAAAAAABMo/K1w0-42U7dI/s800/IMG_1931.JPG

*lh4.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/TEsD4O-cTGI/AAAAAAAABNY/d9cDwoQoZ9Q/s800/IMG_1945.JPG

*lh5.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/TEsEEgv3jvI/AAAAAAAABNQ/Jb38EMsh1h4/s800/IMG_1962.JPG

Comments...

Album link: Picasa Web Albums - Rhitwick

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
My favourite is the 4th pic rhitwick. I too want to go to this place. Its just great for Landscape photography.

Stuge

Youngling
From all the pictures you have posted only 4th one looks decent .REASON :Overexposed sky in most of the images including 4th one too .

capture three images -2 +0 +2 .Use auto bracketing(or do manually using tripod ) in your camera, if your camera supports it ,and blend them (or do HDR ).Using whatever software you use like GIMP or Adobe .if you want more info PM me :)

toofan

Technomancer
Stuge: rail tracks are very nicely taken.

RitwiK: I liked the last image more. 4th is also good but its looking a bit high saturated in my screen.

Cool: nice one.

Stuge

Youngling
today here clouds were crazy chasing each other.after a long time I saw deep blue skies in delhi ..hehe .

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4150/4832353524_84c0c09fa9_z.jpg

just for info-> fstop 16 ,shutter speed 20 secs + bit of post processing :)

Stuge

Youngling
guys ,I may not be posting regularly on forums now .Somebody tried to steal my images put them on his blog (his blog has been taken down now after I made a complaint ).

if you wanaa see my work .please visit my flickr account .

though ,I will remain active by making comments (NOT critiques unless owner has asked for them )

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
Hey guys, Thanks for your replies.
I regret for poor work with the image as most of them were taken from moving vehicle.
*lh4.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TE8HtNAgFII/AAAAAAAAA9k/uqw4TuHaTtY/s640/DSC02984.jpg

*lh6.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TE8HuADu9oI/AAAAAAAAA9o/dOrlGqVtWZI/s640/DSC02945.jpg

These images were taken on Leh to Kargil route.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I won a consolation prize at our photography classes Focus 2010 competition. This is the first time I have won an award in a photography contest. Its very special for me. I'm yet to receive the prize which will be awarded at a grand ceremony in one of top hotels in Mumbai on 19th August which will see Jagdish Mali as guest. I won it for the following portrait photograph. Thanks to all here who supported me. :)

Vote for your Rights

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4149/4834432323_29dd11219e_b.jpg

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hey.........that was ur SMS...!!!
Sh1t, I'm still managing to import all my contacts from my old phone, and it did not show any name of ur on the contact....

Sorry dude.....................and congrats!!!!!!!

Cheers!

Top Bottom