The Photography Thread

Stuge

Youngling
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4119/4778403816_2e38563313_z.jpg

@toofan : I didn't find any problem with blue sky .anyway thanks .good portrait though :)

toofan

Technomancer
Gaurav: I will certainly try to do better next time. Some suggestions?

Abhinav: Now this the wonderful image. Forts/Rajasthan has been you fav. spot of photography. And you always comes with something different and better. The lines made by wall stretching towards the center of image and creating a beautiful effect and depth in the image and presence of Human element in the Image has made it much more viewable.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4123/4778762219_5096766661_z.jpg

Shot using Canon 500D with Canon EF 50mm F/1.4 USM prime lens. The above shot is taken at f/3.5 though. Nothing special just a test shot you can say.

@vimal - Try some different poses. Now the one I have posted above & yours is a normal pose which will bore anybody who has seen portraits in abundance. I would like to see your portrait work though I do not wish to go in field of portrait photography.

@Abhinav - Excellent. Love the lines & composition of the image. Even the sky is better.

toofan

Technomancer
Gaurav: I will keep that tip in mind.
By the way excellent lightning. Where is this shot taken. Have you got your? Or this shot is from your photography classed.

What you learn there, how was the classes. Some short story about that. I am very anxious.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Gaurav: I will keep that tip in mind.
By the way excellent lightning. Where is this shot taken. Have you got your? Or this shot is from your photography classed.

What you learn there, how was the classes. Some short story about that. I am very anxious.

This shot was taken at Canon Lounge, Mumbai where one could try all Canon cameras(even the EOS 1D) & all lenses(even the 500mm+ telephoto's). Its a photographers delight. I had visited it yesterday & was just testing some lens so I can know how they perform in real life scenario than in studio tests carried out by various photography sites. I take images on my memory card, so I have the original shots.

My photography classes went over a month ago. For me(Not self-praising), I learnt very few new things but I did enjoyed the techniques of studio lightning & other small but helpful things. Also not to forget great deal of theory behind this wonderful art. Various outings were conducted which taught us panning, macro, landscape & other things. The course which I took was advance course(covering basics) so I can i got familiar with photography at a higher level.

Made lots of friends. Actually I was termed as GURU by all students after our main sir. :D Felt good to know that people really appreciate my mad scientist experiments & that I didn't waste my time till now chasing what some people would make fun in the beginning(Taking macro of a rusted tap while house repairing). But to my surprise my knowledge over the class syllabus didn't impress the examiners who were taking our exams at the course end & they deducted my grades for not using knowledge from the class book. Finally I got 'B+' grade in the end when all my classmates were sure i won't get anything less than 'A+'. Still it doesn't matters me as I know all my friends back me up for my work. Me & my friends have even decided to shoot at each others marriage & stay in contact. A superb two months of photography which I enjoyed thoroughly & now evening seems to be empty without a DSLR in your neck & creative visions in your head!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Gaurav, what if there were no tests at the end of the class? Would u've learned anything different.

And seriously, u click some gr8 photos; the kind of professionalism u r showing with ur SX100IS, with SLR u would be just awesome.

Best of luck.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Gaurav, what if there were no tests at the end of the class? Would u've learned anything different.

And seriously, u click some gr8 photos; the kind of professionalism u r showing with ur SX100IS, with SLR u would be just awesome.

Best of luck.

Without the tests, I wouldn't have been confident enough. It was this course in which I handled DSLR for the very first time. Now I know ins & outs of at-least entry level DSLR cameras & would feel confident to do any type of photography on it. Our sir came to knew that I was a bit knowledgeable than others so I was asked the most challenging of the questions during our basic course exam(I manage to answer them well) & was looked upon as one who sir would turn when nobody could provide a suitable solution. This helped me to study in detail & polish myself. Though I knew a lot about Photography before even joining the course, I emerge out as a polished photographer than I was before. One can say I'm now a final print than negative! Thanks for your kind words Rhitwick. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Today I chased house bee and took some shots...Shots r not super sharp since its a P&S cam...but manageable I think

*lh3.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TDl7GtdvayI/AAAAAAAAFXA/sCbBcH954vY/s800/DSC04429.JPG

*lh6.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TDl7Mynx6SI/AAAAAAAAFXI/KRt5-cTYMeY/s800/DSC04458.JPG

*lh5.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TDl7O148eFI/AAAAAAAAFXM/ORduUSDw2po/s800/DSC04459.JPG

*lh3.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TDl65oBLCWI/AAAAAAAAFW4/_U7QqNaICnw/s800/DSC04401.JPG
I wish I could take much sharper pic of this house makdee then this:oops:

toofan

Technomancer
last is looking nice.

Gaurav: good friend. If you have learned just a little thing that that small bit of knowledge is also very precious. At least you know something more then nothing more.

Here in my city no classes, no photographic activities. No photographer friends to develop with. Only you, Abhinav and some more online friends.

Whats you plans of DSLR. you have the time and age and more important City to make a career in Photography. I will suggest you make your career in this field and then help us to do something.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
last is looking nice.

Gaurav: good friend. If you have learned just a little thing that that small bit of knowledge is also very precious. At least you know something more then nothing more.

Here in my city no classes, no photographic activities. No photographer friends to develop with. Only you, Abhinav and some more online friends.

Whats you plans of DSLR. you have the time and age and more important City to make a career in Photography. I will suggest you make your career in this field and then help us to do something.

For DSLR I want to buy one as I can't go above ISO 200 on SX 100 as the pics get grainy(even at 400). A DSLR should give me much needed flexibility here. Being a student with no personal income I can't force my parents to get me one. Already they have to shell out for my education. For timebeing I'll have to remain content with SX 100 & continue to work in its limited capabilities. I've entered into a contest in our class which will pitch me against DSLR users in huge amounts. I have submitted my best work, if my photos please the judges then I should win & that should be a great opportunity to convince my parents about my future photography career dreams.

I wish we all(u, stuge & others in this thread) stayed near each other then we could have further improved our knowledge. hoping to meet you someday. Do ping me if you come to Mumbai.

@sujoyp - Liked the first & last. You could try sharpening them in PS or GIMP.

sujoyp

Grand Master
*lh5.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TD2Iu__sTzI/AAAAAAAAFYg/IbVooyQ6E-I/s800/DSC04489.JPG

The Jet black kitten looks great to me:mrgreen:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@sujoy - Is this the original pic? I would like to see the coloured one if you have shot in color.

@rhitwick - What's the link? Didn't find anything exciting there.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Good shot stuge...very clean & colorful shot

@ cool G5 the original pic is this

*lh3.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TD4DtGc0SnI/AAAAAAAAFY0/diWqQzl30FI/s400/DSC04489_2.JPG

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
Seems like i have been missing a lot of updates. Nice pics all..
Sujoy.. you scare the cat a lot... poor thing :)

Here's what i am trying in my holidays..

I was fortunate enough to catch these two butterflies mating...
*lh4.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TD6VIdKYbxI/AAAAAAAAA0k/AodEgNz3vok/DSC02071-1small.jpg*lh6.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TD6VHzvY7EI/AAAAAAAAA0g/w5BUlVX4gtk/DSC020711.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

There are a few more.. coming soon.

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

A tokri i found in my backyard
*lh6.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TD6bFOnX6jI/AAAAAAAAA2E/cshVmRRQDVE/DSC02005%20%5B%5D.JPG

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

An insect found in my deserted garden
*lh4.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TD6bIT2UavI/AAAAAAAAA2M/eLmeS3V8pWw/DSC02020%20%5B%5D.JPG

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

*lh6.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TD6a1tzBPWI/AAAAAAAAA1w/JxUEp-_toM0/DSC02013%20%5B%5D.JPG

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

The same tokri in colour
*lh4.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TD6a3YyMG6I/AAAAAAAAA10/3Ktn-mXN5jI/DSC02004%20%5B%5D.JPG

A something which grows on himalyan trees.. don't remember the name..
*lh5.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TD6a3uDURmI/AAAAAAAAA14/PIGt6idM-Qg/DSC01983%20%5B%5D.JPG

The tokri in B&W, i loved the background.. its an old house.. almost 40-50 years old built by russians.. the background gives the feel..
*lh3.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TD6a4IQkWnI/AAAAAAAAA18/bStqI1xl-Bc/DSC01996%20%5B%5D.JPG

Some testures from garden
*lh5.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TD6a_8Ev96I/AAAAAAAAA2A/1x7ZbFC556g/DSC02037-1%20%5B%5D.JPG

The tokri Post processed
*lh6.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TD6bFOnX6jI/AAAAAAAAA2E/cshVmRRQDVE/DSC02005%20%5B%5D.JPG

The flower
*lh3.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TD6bGMZMfnI/AAAAAAAAA2I/NXzg6b2Gdq0/DSC02011%20%5B%5D.JPG

*lh4.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TD6bIT2UavI/AAAAAAAAA2M/eLmeS3V8pWw/DSC02020%20%5B%5D.JPG

*lh4.ggpht.com/_FszDxDFtyog/TD6bIRycbmI/AAAAAAAAA2Q/uU9G_VaONwE/DSC020055%20%5B%5D.JPG

sujoyp

Grand Master
@InsINI ....I was just trying to take pics of that kitten...he was running away:p

BTW I liked butterfly and "tokri post processed" one

where is the head of the insect?? please search for a more photogenic insect:p

one more macro pic:thumbs:
*lh5.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TD2IsHz3W_I/AAAAAAAAFYc/MFBQnycCquA/s400/DSC04468.jpg

I know the pic is bit dark but when i try to increase the brightness using 'fill light' or 'highlights' the colors and details r blown off

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
The insect head is at front..

This is the most photographic insect i found, but its too small to focus properly even in macro.. have tried many shots.

Top Bottom