The Photography Thread

Stuge

Youngling
Hey guys, do any of us have any idea if Indian airlines allows camera on board plane?
I am planning to take a flight to reach Leh around 7 AM in morning.
yes ,you can carry camera in your hand bag (except liquid,gels ) .

by the way ,I will never keep my camera or any eletronics in baggage (suitcase ) it increases your chances of losing your suitcase or bag if camera or any electronic or expensive item is being kept .

I always carry my dslr + lenses in hand .

sujoyp

Grand Master
Today I went to a garden for some photography trials ...but to my disappointment...there were no flowers yet due to hot summer...Nothing much to shoot except mmmm couples :lol::lol:..available in hundreds;-)

*lh3.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TCdUhTwKR7I/AAAAAAAAFVA/sECB6aJgb0E/s400/DSC04278.JPG

*lh3.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TCdUomhhkKI/AAAAAAAAFVE/idCS2C1oW1o/s400/DSC04281.JPG

*lh5.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TCdUpl33J2I/AAAAAAAAFVI/yTC0kXUrIuM/s400/DSC04282.JPG

*lh5.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TCdUq2HKEKI/AAAAAAAAFVM/vS0P-Q6ka_g/s400/DSC04286.JPG

*lh6.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TCdUtsAYdzI/AAAAAAAAFVQ/lEXPzl8W_1s/s400/DSC04274.JPG

*lh3.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TCdUw99UjaI/AAAAAAAAFVU/Bn5sbHPVJAk/s400/DSC04290.JPG

*lh3.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/TCdUydtms0I/AAAAAAAAFVY/8sV9CFrpnGE/s400/DSC04329.JPG

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys how will be this tripod for my SX10IS?
eBay India: PORTABLE FLEXIBLE TRIPOD FOR CAMERAS MEDIUM (item 110518385132 end time 10-Jul-2010 14:34:53 IST)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@rhitwick - Doesn't looks sturdy to me. I told you to get a Vivitar tripod in our last meet as you won't get anything even half decent in the Rs.1K price range.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^But I kind of like it.

Carrying ur type of tripods becomes added hassle, plus on un-even grounds they are not of much use...

Would like to have few more opinions b4 buying any tripod though.

Stuge

Youngling
Guys how will be this tripod for my SX10IS?
eBay India: PORTABLE FLEXIBLE TRIPOD FOR CAMERAS MEDIUM (item 110518385132 end time 10-Jul-2010 14:34:53 IST)
its a copy (cheap version ) of Gorrilapod
I've used the original one and they are quite sturdy ,and are good where tripod or monopods fail.specially when you like to capture some event and height of the wall where you're standing is more than the tripod(this happens quite often )

Gorillapod - The Flexible Tripod by Joby

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
^^awesome man.... i want one of those!

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

read some reviews on amazon...this one sums it up:
amazon said:
My Gorillapod broke, after little use (More about that below), after 1 year and 2 months. Just 2 months beyond the 1-year guarantee.. It didn't even break while under use; I went to pick it out of my photo-bag one day, and the link where one of the 3 legs connect with the main 'body' had cracked, this making the whole thing unusable.
And during the past year and 2 months I have probably used the contraption a grand total of 4 times. The main cause because whereas this is one of those things that look good on paper it just doesn't translate that well in to real world use. Getting the pod gripping tightly on to something while yet at the same time framing the shot you want is surprisingly frustrating. It should be noted that I had the SLR version of the pod, using it with an SLR camera. I can see this being /slightly/ more useful with a compact camera.
I will not be replacing my broken Gorillapod, and I would not recommend anyone buy this product either.

seems like i wont be going for it after all.

toofan

Technomancer
I think for macro shots gorrila pod is more useful.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

sujoy: second one is an excellent capture.

Stuge

Youngling
Stuge, what do u suggest?
As u've used it, is it worth it?
yes its an awesome product .wrap it around tree limb ,poles ,fence etc ,but I will buy original gorilla-pod .no fakes or cheapos .

how much it will worth for you ? you need to test on your own .most of the time it's been used by bikers or people who do camping etc because of its light weight .IMO it better if you go to a shop and see it in person .

regarding stability of tripod (normal ) on different surfaces .well this is the reason it has three legs .you can increase or decrease the height as per the surface .

Last edited:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4121/4752135266_9334447982_m.jpg *farm5.static.flickr.com/4094/4752134302_5311d28bbd_m.jpg *farm5.static.flickr.com/4102/4752138078_10675a1451_m.jpg *farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4751491641_424804ec66_m.jpg *farm5.static.flickr.com/4137/4751494929_040bb58563_m.jpg

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Great pics guys...mayb i'll join this thread as a regular poster in a few months from now....my relatives have gone to US and I am thinking of asking them to get a good SLR for me. As of now I have zeroed in on Canon but I am open for more pointers. My budget is around 30K Rs for a SLR camera in US. Please do let me know if you are aware of any good deals on net.

Any views about Sony SLR cameras of alpha series? They seem to have a bit cheaper deals and not so bad reviews.

toofan

Technomancer
Cool: very nice shot and nice experiment.His expressions are fabulous and match the title. Some color correction is needed in his face. although not necessary.

a_medico: you can get a Nikon D5000 or a canon 500D around 30k in US. Nikon one would surely come into your budget.
Sony too have some excellent camera and cheap too but if you wish to upgrade your camera or lenses in future as per you photography requirements then availability of lenses is a problem with other brands other then Nikon and Canon.

chitvan

Journeyman
@chitvan: dude god level photos....just a few questions, did you fire the flash, did you use the burst mode? and how did you set the focus

Thanks...
yes i fired Flash...
dont use burst mode....it comes by practice...even burst mode cant help in my camera...as my camera has 1.7 frame/second without flash...& in flash it will be 1 frame/3-4 seconds...

i used Manual Focus...

chitvan

Journeyman
i have visited Lions point,Lonawala last week....some shots from it...

*lh4.ggpht.com/_plWxfLOoFkI/TC2LLY1Za7I/AAAAAAAACP0/lIAtyaripHg/IMG_2338.JPG
_________
*lh5.ggpht.com/_plWxfLOoFkI/TC2LYdkScaI/AAAAAAAACP8/4WTmqs43UgY/IMG_2341.JPG
_________
*lh5.ggpht.com/_plWxfLOoFkI/TC2LpB3nwlI/AAAAAAAACQE/Qh1nziXqvlI/IMG_2343.JPG
_________
*lh6.ggpht.com/_plWxfLOoFkI/TC22AaknA_I/AAAAAAAACQY/hTwzFXJLXhk/IMG_2346.JPG
_________
*lh4.ggpht.com/_plWxfLOoFkI/TC22AnyYOqI/AAAAAAAACQc/Z94-N5MSi6U/IMG_2357.JPG
_________
*lh6.ggpht.com/_plWxfLOoFkI/TC22AwOR96I/AAAAAAAACQg/4911EVQYPMw/IMG_2375.JPG
_________

this is amazing place...

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan -Thank you. The shot was taken at midnight just when the mad scientist starts his photographic experiments. :D

@gigacore - Nice use of slow shutter.

@chitvan - Beautfiul pics.

Top Bottom