amjath

Human Spambot
Re: Post the dumbest thing you've ever heard about technology :cool:

Stop it or else this thread will face the same

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
essentials : sense of humor. apparently ours is terrible, and reading through all the posts is a painful trudge. we have to be funny, inspiring, helpful and generally cool people. through our text. so no pressure.
non essentials : staying on topic

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Rules of posting in Offtopic thread is mentioned in my signature but none seems to have any time to go through them!

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Why is it so important? Almost everything you guys want to post about has a topic or section for it... why stay in one thread and beat the heck out of it for no reason?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Raaabo, the content of offtopic does not always deserve a new thread, most of the time they are random rant. The posts do not meant anything, do not help anyone rather a place for goof-off.
Primary idea was to post only random thoughts but now it works kinda a shoutbox/chatbox of any other forum.

amjath

Human Spambot
Raaabo, the content of offtopic does not always deserve a new thread, most of the time they are random rant. The posts do not meant anything, do not help anyone rather a place for goof-off.
Primary idea was to post only random thoughts but now it works kinda a shoutbox/chatbox of any other forum.

So u say it shouldn't be used like a shout box eh?
Then it's time to suggest chat box/shout box in tdf 2014 suggestion. :p

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Nah, everything from is nanducob a girl has a place to be chatted about. Look at what could have been discovered and spoken about:

Facebook News Feed History of the World - CollegeHumor Post

Silk – Interactive Generative Art

ROXIK

Weg GL Terrain Editor

Machine Fetish

Isn't it better to discuss and start threads for relevant topics like this, and also make it easier for other members to find stuff like this?

OP
snap

snap

Lurker
eheh who made a thread on my behalf :D

- - - Updated - - -

looks like the OT thread will reopen today in the cavern section

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
You guys have a whole Off-topic section. You don't need a thread.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
This thread was created in the dark age of TDF when the forum used to be attacked by spammers everyday and innocents threads like "I'm pregnant!" used to consider as spam and locked immediately.
Then this thread was created to give shelter to all those restless minds, a place to pour your random thought and at time may be blabbering only.

Again to the authorities,
The posts in this thread do not help anyone but the OP
The posts are not meant to be found
The posts in this thread certainly do not deserve a new thread.
This is getaway for many of us to hide our voice in crowd (at times that is also required)

This locking won't work the way you want. It was tried before. It would do only one thing i.e. less posts in chit-chat. And don't even expect a new thread coming up in the same rate a new 'offtopic post' used to come up in that thread.

OP
snap

snap

Lurker
This thread was created in the dark age of TDF when the forum used to be attacked by spammers everyday and innocents threads like "I'm pregnant!" used to consider as spam and locked immediately.
Then this thread was created to give shelter to all those restless minds, a place to pour your random thought and at time may be blabbering only.

Again to the authorities,
The posts in this thread do not help anyone but the OP
The posts are not meant to be found
The posts in this thread certainly do not deserve a new thread.
This is getaway for many of us to hide our voice in crowd (at times that is also required)

This locking won't work the way you want. It was tried before. It would do only one thing i.e. less posts in chit-chat. And don't even expect a new thread coming up in the same rate a new 'offtopic post' used to come up in that thread.

:+1: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom