The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

E

emailvarunchandak

Why is everyone buying this like crazy?? Arent we all saving up for OnePlus One instead?
dude this is the official thread for Xiaomi.. not One Plus One....

let the device launch and we'll start that thread too..

E

emailvarunchandak

I just received mi3.I want to know how to transfer files from over to the phone. I installed mi3 manager and I am using Windows xp. Even after installing the manager I'm not able to enable mass storage. I went into the storage option in settings but the USB storage is like "already pressed". I haven't updated as I am on 3g right now.
use FTP from the inbuilt explorer and use filezilla from pc... best way for hassle free wireless data transfer

E

emailvarunchandak

Well I want to transfer folder of 9GB. Won't it take longer time using wifi compared to USB transfer
well u didn't mention that... then use the usb in the traditional way... nothing fancy

croma

Broken In
use FTP from the inbuilt explorer and use filezilla from pc... best way for hassle free wireless data transfer

it is okay.. but ur sim card tray will get loose and to repair it u need to go to service centre who might cost u around 5 bucks...

why don't u buy a cheap nokia 101 for calling etc... no headache for changing....

Tried with the USB and the phone is not showing USB mass storage. Tried switching to "files" still not happening

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
A weekend project for Xiaomi users

The good in all this was that GSMArena are finally going to review this

EDIT: Here is the review, Xiaomi Mi 3 review: Chinese champion

But there's some bad news for audiophiles like [MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION]
[MENTION=274573]Esoteric Eric[/MENTION] , brilliant share I bookmarked it! Ahhhh the audio aint that bad,pretty detailed and laid back though,not exciting.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Al right fellas got the NIllkin tempered glass after about 22 days,since ordering here goes the pics
*i.imgur.com/rnonOye.jpg *i.imgur.com/skmLYkP.jpg
THIS SMALL ONE IS THE COVER FOR CAMERA ,i almost threw it away, couldnt put the first one properly and the second one is slightly misaligned,but it covers the necessary part anyway
*i.imgur.com/jnH9024.jpg
*i.imgur.com/9qTtKKz.jpg *i.imgur.com/lU13lyN.jpg
Just follow the instructions , you can find some on youtube, pretty easy

Congrats! On what date did you order? I ordered mine on 28th July. I should get it by the end of next week right? And how is the quality? Were there any bubbles after application?

E

emailvarunchandak

guys, according to Wikipedia, 4.4.4 was due today for Xiaomi Mi3... still waiting

kaz

right here
Unfortunately, the brightness of the screen is uneven with the backlight source being pretty visible at the top of the screen. When you have a white page opened on the screen you can easily notice the gradual brightness falloff from top to bottom. On the positive side, that's only visible with a full-on white or gray screen - in any other case it's as good as invisible.

Source: gsmarena

Assassini

Broken In
Tell me anyone has issue with no sound during call?I can't hear anything while calling now and have to use speaker mode.Earlier everything was fine .mi3 sucks :(

E

emailvarunchandak

Tell me anyone has issue with no sound during call?I can't hear anything while calling now and have to use speaker mode.Earlier everything was fine .mi3 sucks :(
not me..... not on v18 v22 v23..

Assassini

Broken In
Does anyone have a solution?
Also there is something with updates.when checking through updater it shows no updates but when u go to view updates through menu it shows v23 update with 591MB size but I've already updated to v23 but at that time size was only 103MB.

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect

Probably a audio routing issue.Install sound about form play store and restart your phone.

kapiljhajhria

Broken In
Why is everyone buying this like crazy?? Arent we all saving up for OnePlus One instead?
By the time oneplus reach india there will be Mi4 in india and oneplus will have 2nd phone coming out. So it will be useless to buy an old phone. Biggest advantage that xiaomi has over oneplus is that it has service centres in india and it will tale atleast one or two years for oneplus to open any service Centres. Also flash sale gives equal opportunity yo everyone for buying xiaomi. Whereas with invite system, you have to beg on forums, stay active on forums, take part in contest and be their PR agents. You don't have to do that with xiaomi. I did got my oneplus invite day before yesterday. But gave it away. Don't want oneplus anymore. Lot of threads starting on oneplus forums where oneplus users are selling their phone because of to many problems and support team taking almost a month to give them replies.

Top Bottom