The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

kamal_saran

android lover
good news for Mi3 users

XDA Mi3 trial forum is started

Xiaomi Mi 3 - XDA Forum
hey bro dont have thw words that how could i say thanks to u. for posting this link :razz: was really missing xda after i sold my nexus. now i think i am gonna remember old days .:-D

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
[MENTION=128941]Assassini[/MENTION]
Ah well, I was the one with the brightness issue, I got mine replaced, to be fair the replacement isn't perfect either though the bottom edge isn't dark as it was in the first phone,it has a bit of unevenness, & the top is still brighter like he said just about. 5-1mm and that too only in white pages in full screen,even more the current unit has a bit of yellow banding too, (I think I have hung around those OPO forums too much :S)
I guess I didn't wanna go through another replacement process,

Should get it replaced if the brightness is apparent even outside white images, that would be a lot of back light bleed, otherwise it's upto you
And mi3 forum on xda that's great news, as I told before someone have already ported cyanogenmod

Regarding the pistons, there is a silver coloured v2 pistons, they are If tagged too
So the ones going to be sold here could be v2 after all

Last edited:

Assassini

Broken In
Has anyone encountered issue with touch while CHARGING. It's weird and sometimes unresponsive but completely fluid when on battery

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Well I try not to use when charging, but the few times I have, it didn't give any problems, this was a problem in my old phone though! (i9003),btw which version are you on? Try updating to latest update and see if that resolves the issue!

Assassini

Broken In
I'm on23.let me explain the issue. It's not during regular swipes or browsing but when u use swipe gestures on keyboard. Sometimes they aren't responsive which makes the word we are trying to type something else

E

emailvarunchandak

Ha ha ha, I misquoted. I think we two are the lucky ones off the first sale!

God knows when they will start selling them,I travel a lot between cities and states because of my nature of business,hence couldn't wait.The Mi is great regarding battery back up but the Xperia S and S920 are horrible. I'll get rid of the two soon and get an OPO when they launch here.
now I have this awesome feeling of being lucky... my phone has no defect at all... even my antutu gives 30+ now.... earlier it was 22K.... hell yeah....

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Wow check this out fellas
*forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-3/orig-development/rom-slimkat-t2846759

We have a slim kat now and people are yet to report any bugs,everything seems to be working, damn I so wanna flash it but not in a position to risk it :(
Did anyone here tried it??

Avik

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys .. I got problem of heating with my mi3 whenever I play games(like candy crush or subway surfer)the upper half of phone near top speaker get heated up but as I shut games it cools down quickly . justed wanted to know if I am only facing this problem or other owners have also faced this issue ? Should I replace it

amjath

Human Spambot
Great its time to rethink on Buying one :mrgreen:
[MENTION=107549]kamikaz[/MENTION] take full ROM backup in recovery and try flashing its easy bro. If u any face issue, you can restore completely, hope u know all these

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks, perhaps its same in every case.

one more q? I'm not able to copy any files to my mi3 from computer thru USB connection. :confused: I've already installed their suite, converted language to english by replacing files, browsing/using PCs net on mob but cant able to paste any files (for time being copied from pendrive thru OTG) and not yet updated to 23, still i'm in 16 :cool:.

try to update and while you are connected ,under the notification panel make sure the option is set to files and not PHOTOS
and mi3w will be listed as portable music player(in my win7), but you will be able to copy pretty much all stuff

Great its time to rethink on Buying one :mrgreen:
[MENTION=107549]kamikaz[/MENTION] take full ROM backup in recovery and try flashing its easy bro. If u any face issue, you can restore completely, hope u know all these
Yeah i know, but right now,im in a situation where i have to focus on other stuff in life,in fact this phone has been a big bloody distraction,flashing is the last thing i wanna do right now! also planning to cut down on the time spent on internet :)
too much time has been wasted in my life already :(

E

emailvarunchandak

Hey guys .. I got problem of heating with my mi3 whenever I play games(like candy crush or subway surfer)the upper half of phone near top speaker get heated up but as I shut games it cools down quickly . justed wanted to know if I am only facing this problem or other owners have also faced this issue ? Should I replace it
same boat brother...

Assassini

Broken In
Haha finally r emailvarunchandak has some problem with mi3.BTW do any One has problem with swiping on keyboard while charging????

sushovan

In the zone
Heating in upper part is common. Don't worry about it. It has Snapdragon 800 after all, at least its not becoming impossible to hold like Z2 or N5

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Even my Xperia Z used to heat up. Lenovo K900 heats up. Lenovo S920 Toaster. So you see that from Snapdragon to Intel to Mediatek all heats up. Now with Snapdragon 800 its a lot less and stays within a certainlimit and dosnt exceed as with the Mi3 for others the threshold is higher,as per my user experience.

E

emailvarunchandak

got my Case and cover for my Xiaomi Mi3

*img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/14/nubusyry.jpg

Best thing, it includes a screen guard and a cleaning cloth...

E

emailvarunchandak

Today I tested the barometer and altitude meter live, from Pune to Kolkata, Indigo

*img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/14/rega5e5a.jpg
*img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/14/ase2e8y4.jpg
*img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/14/ube4aseb.jpg

Top Bottom