The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
nothing written... thats y... anyways. who cares abt the color... m not a racist :p ;)
lol ah leave it

What thats means??? Are user able to buy more than one unit of mi 3

well ,yeah i guess by creating multiple accounts some people end up with more than one ,so those who had are asking hether anyone wants on the mi india facenbook page
care to check your order detail @emai;varunchandak, MI is only selling metallic grey for now, Its dumping the old chinese ones they couldnt sell in their country, as they got the other chip!

well its not a good idea to make useless claims ,
AFAIK, all the international markets xiaomi is selling the metallic grey version, these units are produced pretty new too,if you had got hand on one you would know !

abracadabra

Journeyman
This 8274B chip was designed for China initially during the launch in 2013, but the product website and announcement went for the 8974B chip; but when users started receiving 8274B people started complaining and Xiaomi/MI had to apologise for the mix up.. So its indirectly known that 8274B is plenty in stock else how would a company who has constraints on their manufacturing process conduct 4 straight sales even which Hugo has talked about the constraints on manufacturing!

Source

- - - Updated - - -

No offense @kamikaz , even before you posted if you had a look at the thread you'd know I was the only one who could show some efforts to show what really happens behind a well crafted product, neither none of the others users seem worried, including you; might be a personal choice to let data loose! I get hardly 1GB of data from stupid telecos in India, and do you expect I should give that up for some wrong reasons?

Last edited:

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
[MENTION=2108]abracadabra[/MENTION] your source link isn't opening for me
Look, your allegations are based on assumptions,
Having used the phone for over two weeks, I don't really feel like this a phone they are trying to dump here, in fact this has been the model of business in all the nation's they have released, and Hugo Barra points about the demand being much higher than the original expectation looks a more sensible explanation than anything others have come up, it's just not the chipset alone that defines the production capacity, for example you can check the YouTube video of how an mi4 is made, that doesn't really look easy and fast (it was sold out in 32seconds)

Bottom line is neither you nor I can conclusively say we are correct, but of the two side of arguement, mine looks saner and logical .. So I'm just leaving this at that. If you aren't convinced let's just agree to disagree and move on

E

emailvarunchandak

[MENTION=2108]abracadabra[/MENTION] your source link isn't opening for me
Look, your allegations are based on assumptions,
Having used the phone for over two weeks, I don't really feel like this a phone they are trying to dump here, in fact this has been the model of business in all the nation's they have released, and Hugo Barra points about the demand being much higher than the original expectation looks a more sensible explanation than anything others have come up, it's just not the chipset alone that defines the production capacity, for example you can check the YouTube video of how an mi4 is made, that doesn't really look easy and fast (it was sold out in 32seconds)

Bottom line is neither you nor I can conclusively say we are correct, but of the two side of arguement, mine looks saner and logical .. So I'm just leaving this at that. If you aren't convinced let's just agree to disagree and move on

touché

bgeing

Broken In
Mind if somebody answer this q?
It takes 5-6hrs to charge from 5-95 or 100% when I connected my mi3 to desktop usb. Is it normal or is there something wrong? pl ans.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Charging is slower, if you connect it to PC and the first few cycles also tend to be slower it has taken upto 4 hours for me, then it speeds up to about 2-2.5 hours

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Xiaomi is focusing only on Mi3 in India right now and I think Mi4 will be sold only in 2015 :-(
Mi3: released in 2013 and sold in 2014 in India
Mi4: released in 2014 and sold in 2015 in India

amjath

Human Spambot
Use your phone, via flipkart app that's better I think, add the item to your wishlist and then go to the page straight, anyway I bought on the first sale using the above mentioned way, when the site wasn't optimized so can't comment much

Btw, how does not removing a sticker makes someone douche? Do you even know what it means!! [MENTION=127004]amjath[/MENTION]

inappropriate use of the slang at inappropriate place...

When a person wearing a price tag on his new clothes what do u call Idiot[douche]
similarly when you have to remove the protective screen from the new phone, but without doing it complaining that my screen is broken is called Idiot [douche]
IMO having a bar code on a beautiful furnished back on a phone is idiot[douche]
I never pointed my finger on any one here, so peace out

E

emailvarunchandak

okay... i have finally achieved an antutu score of 30K+ on my Xiaomi Mi3..

Antutu Benchmark

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
okay... i have finally achieved an antutu score of 30K+ on my Xiaomi Mi3.
Antutu Benchmark

Did your notification problem got fixed?
I have a minor bug now, when I'm using Firefox beta my whatsapp ceases to function I'll have to open whatsapp again to get any notifications!

And can any nexus user tell me how much free ram they usually have? And the version of Android you have, Kitkat or Android L

E

emailvarunchandak

Did your notification problem got fixed?
I have a minor bug now, when I'm using Firefox beta my whatsapp ceases to function I'll have to open whatsapp again to get any notifications!

And can any nexus user tell me how much free ram they usually have? And the version of Android you have, Kitkat or Android L
not fixed... also when i sleep with my wifi connected, and when i wake up, i am connected to my wifi but i have to relogin to my broadband

bgeing

Broken In
Charging is slower, if you connect it to PC and the first few cycles also tend to be slower it has taken upto 4 hours for me, then it speeds up to about 2-2.5 hours

Thanks, perhaps its same in every case.

one more q? I'm not able to copy any files to my mi3 from computer thru USB connection. :confused: I've already installed their suite, converted language to english by replacing files, browsing/using PCs net on mob but cant able to paste any files (for time being copied from pendrive thru OTG) and not yet updated to 23, still i'm in 16 :cool:.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Got some amazing scores that beats phones costing Rs 45000 and above. After getting that awesome Antutu Score thought of doing the Quadrant and 3DMark Ice Storm Unlimited and to clear my doubt if the Antutu wasnt a fluke! And boy I was proved so wrong time after time!!!!

*i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/vvvinashhh/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-08-09-00-11-53_zps6beeeba4.png

*i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/vvvinashhh/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-08-12-21-51-33_zps8c68dca3.png

*i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/vvvinashhh/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-08-13-00-39-09_zpse1e08ee8.png

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Guys Flipkart is having a flash sale today right? At 12 p.m.? One of my relative has asked me to buy the MI3 today, so was wondering, how to purchase, I mean I just need to add it in the cart or what?

sushovan

In the zone
Guys Flipkart is having a flash sale today right? At 12 p.m.? One of my relative has asked me to buy the MI3 today, so was wondering, how to purchase, I mean I just need to add it in the cart or what?

Flash sale occurs only on Tuesdays at 2 p.m for a few seconds. its actually the registration window that will open up in an hour which will put you in line of eligible buyers for next tuesday's sale.

Top Bottom