The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm gonna wait this time, this update showed up in updater app yesterday and after few minutes, it disappeared.. Now it's back again!! Any improvements?

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
yeah , i couldnt hold back decided to update from v18 to v23 using mi phone manager, dowloaded 109mb !! the new theme(mi4) is back lets see what all new stuff i run into, i seem to have issues with delayed messages from whatsapp in the previous version, need more testing in the new one :/

the boot animation has changed ,old one was better i guess
UPDATE
It's the same changelog I posted previously for v22, the ability to share the connected PCs internet is back

Last edited:

rdx_halo

In the zone
Most of the xiaomi mi3 from flipkart are being bought by scrupulous ebay sellers and they black market it for a huge profit. They even flaunt flipkart tag in there ebay listings. xiaomi mi3 | eBay

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Well we can't do much about that can we, I mean they are just as lucky as anyone is.. Perhaps flipkart can disable the 30 day replacement warranty when you buy from resellers, I don't know if they can do anything else legal to prevent such practices

rdx_halo

In the zone
Well we can't do much about that can we, I mean they are just as lucky as anyone is.. Perhaps flipkart can disable the 30 day replacement warranty when you buy from resellers, I don't know if they can do anything else legal to prevent such practices

Flpkt can atleast increase the stock by 30000 units so, it will be available to 30% registered buyers. This is discourage the hoarding of ebay retailers.

E

emailvarunchandak

okay here's the thing ..
i only got 12 MB of update. Why?
another issue, apps unable to use data connection or wifi connection when run in back group in locked mode. i have tried all the settings but to no avail. any one of u ppl here faced these issues ??? how to resolve it ????

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
12mb probably coz you were in v22,this was an incremental update!
Didn't get you regarding the issue?
You mean when your phone is locked you aren't getting any notifications etc?

bgeing

Broken In
Pl ans my noob question.
Regarding update, mine is on 16.0, can i update directly to this new 23 and what would be the file size!?

E

emailvarunchandak

12mb probably coz you were in v22,this was an incremental update!
Didn't get you regarding the issue?
You mean when your phone is locked you aren't getting any notifications etc?

Steps to reproduce:
1. Use whatsapp normally.
2. press back key to go to home screen.
3. Do something else
4. lock screen, keep it aside, and do your work for few mins, hours.
5. unlock screen to find zero notifications from whatsapp, gmail, mail, facebook, twitter, etc.
6. Open whatsapp.
7. mobile data/wifi gets active and new msgs are retrieved right away.

I hope i have made it clear.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Pl ans my noob question.
Regarding update, mine is on 16.0, can i update directly to this new 23 and what would be the file size!?

yeah you can , about size i dont know , Use the updater app from your phone it will show the size for those who were updating from v18 its was 109mb and those from v22 it was 12 mb, yours could be higher ,i dont know ,check for yourself

Steps to reproduce:
1. Use whatsapp normally.
2. press back key to go to home screen.
3. Do something else
4. lock screen, keep it aside, and do your work for few mins, hours.
5. unlock screen to find zero notifications from whatsapp, gmail, mail, facebook, twitter, etc.
6. Open whatsapp.
7. mobile data/wifi gets active and new msgs are retrieved right away.

I hope i have made it clear.

Well i only have whatsapp ,which gives active notifications and i think i had that problem in v22 and after rolling back to v18 from that also, ie i had to open the app to get notifications

BUt now it seems ok,im not entirely sure ,but im getting notifications when screen is locked,(i always clear my ram)
May be try resetting your phone , going into your settings>reset or try resetting the app data

E

emailvarunchandak

Well i only have whatsapp ,which gives active notifications and i think i had that problem in v22 and after rolling back to v18 from that also, ie i had to open the app to get notifications

BUt now it seems ok,im not entirely sure ,but im getting notifications when screen is locked,(i always clear my ram)
May be try resetting your phone , going into your settings>reset or try resetting the app data

any consequences on resetting the app ?

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
any consequences on resetting the app ?
you will lose the data, its as said it will be reset to its original state

what i do is go into backup&reset>factory data reset>select erase apps>but let the "erase stored content" option disabled and reset the phone
this way whatsapp will have all its history and other left in the phone (and any data that you have downloaded beside the apps) while all the apps will be removed and then you would have to start over installing from playstore, google apps (and other preinstalled ones) will be reset to the version you had when you bought the phone(they wont be removed) , you will also lose contacts,sms,call logs etc , use micloud or the built in backup app to save them

E

emailvarunchandak

you will lose the data, its as said it will be reset to its original state

what i do is go into backup&reset>factory data reset>select erase apps>but let the "erase stored content" option disabled and reset the phone
this way whatsapp will have all its history and other left in the phone (and any data that you have downloaded beside the apps) while all the apps will be removed and then you would have to start over installing from playstore, google apps (and other preinstalled ones) will be reset to the version you had when you bought the phone(they wont be removed) , you will also lose contacts,sms,call logs etc , use micloud or the built in backup app to save them

better i do single click factory reset... and reinstall everything... #FedUp

bgeing

Broken In
yeah you can , about size i dont know , Use the updater app from your phone it will show the size for those who were updating from v18 its was 109mb and those from v22 it was 12 mb, yours could be higher ,i dont know ,check for yourself

Thanks, can i transfer sms/msgs from my previous android to this mi3 ?! I have all the msg stored in PC also.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks, can i transfer sms/msgs from my previous android to this mi3 ?! I have all the msg stored in PC also.
You mean from your previous phone or from the current version of Android to the updated one on mi3?if it's the latter when you update user data is not lost, but settings, theme etc are reset, which can be backed up using the backup app I think, if you want to restore from previous phone to mi3, you can try an app called smsbackupandrestore and use the same on mi3 to restore, well I haven't done it, but it should work

bgeing

Broken In
You mean from your previous phone or from the current version of Android to the updated one on mi3?if it's the latter when you update user data is not lost, but settings, theme etc are reset, which can be backed up using the backup app I think, if you want to restore from previous phone to mi3, you can try an app called smsbackupandrestore and use the same on mi3 to restore, well I haven't done it, but it should work

wow! thanks, actually i wanted the 2nd option, but ur 1st option is also helpful for future. i didnt knw that.
i'll give a try.

UPDATE: successfully transferred to mi3 as u told (smsbackup & restrore app).

Last edited:
Top Bottom