The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
Need a really good cam to capture that display, that too with proper positioning. Max out the brightness and reduce lights coming from surroundings

- - - Updated - - -

Sale will again start tomorrow

The news of OnePlus One making its way here is giving me second thoughts. Or how about, OnePlus Two ?

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
So going through the Flipkart reviews, there is one problem you will be getting out-of-the-box

The infinite boot loop when the phone dies due to low battery. Currently the solution as per the user is that you will have to put it on charging to at least 4% before using turning it on

I believe no one has stuck into a boot loop as of now. They say that's a bug in the MIUI update, but the devs should look into it ASAP

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm not really sure, it's a software bug my phone died day before and it booted just fine after plugging in. The charging started off 1%
Man I might keep this phone, a lil dim edge is nothing compared to all these troubles :/

Update
For those who are using Maps make sure you close maps BEFORE stopping GPS, instead if you stop GPS before exiting maps, it will keep looking for gps and will continue to do so,somehow,even after clearing it from memory using the task manager...which is how i ended up draining my phones battery to nil

the standby battery usage is simply amaing it barely used any yesterday night

Last edited:

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
What about your trip to the service centre ? Is Xiaomi responding ? I just wish if I get mine I won't need to run around for service centers

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
i havent done much , few minutes back sent a mail to service.in@xiaomi.com asking for a replacement, lets see how they respond

im still weighing my options ,the defect isnt something that could affect me on a daily basis and provided if this doesnt progress, i think ill be able to overcome the minor OCD im having about this

My nearest service centre is 80km away and they arent picking up the phone , so going there without any confirmation will be a waste of time

Now if you look at flipkart reviews almost 10% have issues ,ie they have rated it as star..
Im also hoping I dont end up with a far worse unit than i currently have

abracadabra

Journeyman
Its not 10 % it's far a lesser amount; as always flipkart reviews are just bogus trolls or rants, even though people have asked those reviews to be moderated it just goes unheard! Its done by people who hardly have seen a device in the hand!

SunE

Professional Newbie
Hey why don't you contact flipkart for replacement instead of going after the service center. They have a pretty hassle-free 30 days replacement policy. Try shooting them an e-mail.

abracadabra

Journeyman
You will not have a guaranteed replacement and he might have to wait longer if at all he is looking for a replacement, one can really tell after today's sale at 2PM

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Sold out under 2minute it seems!!

Well if I was stationed at Bangalore I would have called flipkart Straight but now I'm at a place where it would take at least 2-3 days for their stuff to reach, besides I have read couple of posts on Facebook where flipkart haven't responded to replacement queries.. So I decided to try xiaomi first

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
Damn...sold out at 2:03pm. WTH@#$%*

I'm done. This lucky draw strategy is annoying

As a side note, on Flipkart I see that all reviews, yes ALL OF THEM, have vanished at the time of posting

SunE

Professional Newbie
BTW I saw posts on Mi India FB page that the phone went OOS literally within seconds after 2 PM. This is pretty much not possible. So either Xiaomi and Flipkart don't have any stock and are just hyping it up OR Flipkart still haven't fixed stuff up on their side.

elafanto

Journeyman
Oh this is too fast for 10400 units, BTW I got the message saying
"Accelerate your life
The fastest Mi phone ever
Rs.13,999
You’ve already purchased one Mi 3
We couldn’t add your Mi 3 to cart yet, but we've reserved one for you!
Please come after 15 mins to complete the order."

but no item in my cart even after 30 min :p

kamal_saran

android lover
congrats... hope you don't get a dead on arrival piece :D
oh didnt see that one coming :-D btw thnks

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I saw posts on Mi India FB page that the phone went OOS literally within seconds after 2 PM. This is pretty much not possible. So either Xiaomi and Flipkart don't have any stock and are just hyping it up OR Flipkart still haven't fixed stuff up on their side.
that was a website glitch happened with me too. but i got successful after some seconds

ashs1

Padawan
Sold out under 2minute it seems!!

Well if I was stationed at Bangalore I would have called flipkart Straight but now I'm at a place where it would take at least 2-3 days for their stuff to reach, besides I have read couple of posts on Facebook where flipkart haven't responded to replacement queries.. So I decided to try xiaomi first

Mi India posted on fb that it was sold out in 5 seconds !! WTF ??? :-x :confused::shock:

*fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10544359_1516310678583498_2402505544514813762_n.png?oh=286c605666836857b64358fff29179fd&oe=5439921E&__gda__=1412746529_555ca77561e6f4290e06fdb50d5b1ce2

Top Bottom