The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

KayKashyap

Journeyman
screenguard and casing not launched yet ... so m very careful right now... :):(

same here xD

got the beast...used for an hour now put it for charging..after that update then need to transfer stuff from old phone.. i havent realised my music collection had grown so big its 4.5gb !! have to trim that a lot..now..my 16gb was almost full..need to lose so much stuff hmm..

the phone is superb ..but its very thin and the form doesnt really fit well in hands and its a bit too smooth it could slip off ..need a grip case...that feel when you first get that phone its awesome..well built and the screen does look really good..after almost 3 years galaxy sl this is indeed a big update for me..everything was smooth except for a bit stutter when i loaded facebook on chrome need to check it further ..
need to put it thru some serious usage now..need to know how much screen on time it gives on 3g..im a heavy 3g user
the only gripe about screen is its a heavy finger print magnet..in sunlight the fingerprint can end up blocking the view..so some screen guard is needed..i have ordered a nilkin tempered glass protector it should be on the way

can u please share the link of the site from where you ordered it! Please! xD :D -_-

sushovan

In the zone
got the beast...used for an hour now put it for charging..after that update then need to transfer stuff from old phone.. i havent realised my music collection had grown so big its 4.5gb !! have to trim that a lot..now..my 16gb was almost full..need to lose so much stuff hmm..

the phone is superb ..but its very thin and the form doesnt really fit well in hands and its a bit too smooth it could slip off ..need a grip case...that feel when you first get that phone its awesome..well built and the screen does look really good..after almost 3 years galaxy sl this is indeed a big update for me..everything was smooth except for a bit stutter when i loaded facebook on chrome need to check it further ..
need to put it thru some serious usage now..need to know how much screen on time it gives on 3g..im a heavy 3g user
the only gripe about screen is its a heavy finger print magnet..in sunlight the fingerprint can end up blocking the view..so some screen guard is needed..i have ordered a nilkin tempered glass protector it should be on the way

can you post the link of the protector please? btw, any phone would stutter when you put a bloat on another bloat :p

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
ok updated didnt do any factory reset.. adjusted stuff a bit to my liking... though even after update when you clear ram using task manager im getting only like 600-800mb so far i have installed whatsapp ,opera mini, and updated chrome nothing else

apart from that everything is super smooth..loving it.. the gps lock was instantenous inside my room that really stunned me MY i9003 you had to go out and wave around to get a bloody lock !!:-D
Can we enable the mass storage mode ,apart from the MTP mode which comes on? moving files is a bit of hassle..i didnt see any option
and has anyone found out how to change the language of the suite for the phone..ill have to google around a bit, to make it english
cant get the phone to tether thru usb so had to install the suite..

tethering works fine in win 8 though without any need of driver installation

what have you all done with that barcode sticker on back ? pulled it off? they have written on it to keep it safe for warranty

the english is fine..but in some themes chinese creeps in other areas...my current one has, though its icons are nice..

And i Ordered the protector thru ebay i dont know when its gonna reach here,gonna take a while..its the same seller some of lg g2 guys have used in this forum to buy..
the nilkin glass protector is 7$ where as Local sellers are selling upwards of 1000 inr
im planning to buy the official flipcase when it is released , i think it could be released this week as the page for the item is already online , added it to my wish list
here is the link for the Protector
Great Nillkin Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film for Miui Xiaomi M3 MI3 | eBay

Also how is the camera..the pictures just fine in phone ,but on computer i feel like there is a lot of post processing going on

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ check if the phone comes pre rooted out of the box. If it does, install greenify and hibernate user apps. you can even uninstall chrome and use other ones.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Stable rom aint rooted i guess.for the time being im not rooting lemme get the hang of it
and which browser according to you is best?(just wanna know) i will be using opera mini for most of my regular use(i really love its feed system).. but those which need interaction ill need a decent browser

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Mi India: Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs] [Updating] - India - MIUI Official Community

Q10) Whether rooting/flashing will void the warranty?
A10) - No. Rooting/flashing will not void the warranty.

Q19) Does rooted phone is covered under warranty ?
A19)- Yes! Xiaomi cover rooted phones under warranty too.

Q20) Do Mi 3 have corning gorilla glass 3 ?
A20)- Yes, All Mi 3 phones come with scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3.

:bananana:
[MENTION=82407]sandynator[/MENTION], add this link to the original post

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
^^Wow.. that's great.. it means you can have the vanilla experience without any tensions.BTW does this means they will repair even Hard bricked phones under warranty??

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Yeah [MENTION=125993]Alien[/MENTION] you are right .....Antutu is 35120 now!

- - - Updated - - -

The WiFi reception is OMG so damn good!

bgeing

Broken In
Mi3 Guys..

I'm one among the person eagerly looking to buy this hype!

Just curious to ask u guys that, I have seen this mi3 users telling (here & other forums) it supports pendrive connection thru USB OTG. then, what about connecting to a 500gb-1TB HDD drives to it thru USB OTG cable.:crazy: Anyone tried? Will it work? :Fingerx:

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION]

Gr8 snap bro..

To all owners of Mi3
Have you checked basic telephone features like call quality, 2G & 3G network? Any sudden drops in network? Is WiFi connection Stable?

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Mi3 Guys..

Just curious to ask u guys that, I have seen this mi3 users telling (here & other forums) it supports pendrive connection thru USB OTG. then, what about connecting to a 500gb-1TB HDD drives to it thru USB OTG cable.:crazy: Anyone tried? Will it work? :Fingerx:
It takes a lot of power to spin HDD. So my guess is no not possible

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Mi3 Guys..

A HDD will work as long as it's externally powered

Top Bottom