The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

SunE

Professional Newbie
It has to be a problem with their servers then. Why do you tell to do a factory reset? This phone is being used by my dad and as I received it yesterday itself, I've transferred all his data to it. So a factory reset will be a PITA.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
It has to be a problem with their servers then. Why do you tell to do a factory reset? This phone is being used by my dad and as I received it yesterday itself, I've transferred all his data to it. So a factory reset will be a PITA.
Usually a factory reset after OTA update is recommended... My Xperia Z1 had faced some bugs after I updated OTA, but I Googled and found out that it was a common problem and a factory reset was all that was needed to fix it... :)

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Usually a factory reset after OTA update is recommended... My Xperia Z1 had faced some bugs after I updated OTA, but I Googled and found out that it was a common problem and a factory reset was all that was needed to fix it... :)
From a fellow Sony user, any firmware update from Sony always messes with the phone. A factory reset is must. Have not faced it in moto g

ithehappy

Human Spambot
From a fellow Sony user, any firmware update from Sony always messes with the phone. A factory reset is must. Have not faced it in moto g
Wow, I need to stop complaining about Samsung it seems. They are horrible when it's about firmware upgrades, and they are very consistent too. It's like keeping a good track record :lol: So it seems all Android skins are ****ed up, only way to go is for pure Android it seems.

S2, from a extremely stable GB to messy ICS. S4, from beautiful JB too ****ed up KK. And they gifted some bugs with the updates, which was not fixable by a master wipe.

But yeah in general a full wipe is absolutely necessary when you're upgrading platform especially.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Btw, Xiaomi Mi3 is facing many issues... Sim tray issues, display issues, orders getting cancelled after being shipped, etc etc...
Hope Flipkart and Xiaomi sort this mess out soon... :)

abracadabra

Journeyman
Why dont we exercise some patience! We all had the patience to click the refersh button a hundred time when flipkart servers crashing over again and again to just get a hold of this phone! Now updates, the moment you get the phone if you update, your definitely foolish enough!

First check the basic functions of the phone and the OS are properly functioning, touch controls, the sound, speakers, camera, even may be the sensors! Check even if the display is good meaning no dead pixels or color fringes or even discolouration.
Next charge the phone a 100%, do it a day or two and see if all things work as expected!

Then finally when everything settles check for the Updates to the latest ones!

The orders getting cancelled are mainly the last few, guess their luck ran out; as always everyone one MI3 to do a show off, there were just 5000 so odd pieces for the 1 Lakh so called registration! Demand is more than supply, it aint fair even I know, but lets see what comes off the second sale!

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Wow, I need to stop complaining about Samsung it seems. They are horrible when it's about firmware upgrades, and they are very consistent too. It's like keeping a good track record :lol: So it seems all Android skins are ****ed up, only way to go is for pure Android it seems.

S2, from a extremely stable GB to messy ICS. S4, from beautiful JB too ****ed up KK. And they gifted some bugs with the updates, which was not fixable by a master wipe.

But yeah in general a full wipe is absolutely necessary when you're upgrading platform especially.
Sony is better than Samsung while providing updates. But whenever there is a version change a full reset is required after the update. Else the phone lags like hell. Pure android is always best. I have used Cyanogen ROMs in my Ray, and the experience was better than Sony UI.
Happy with my Moto G now

123hero

In the zone
Sony is better than Samsung while providing updates. But whenever there is a version change a full reset is required after the update. Else the phone lags like hell. Pure android is always best. I have used Cyanogen ROMs in my Ray, and the experience was better than Sony UI.
Happy with my Moto G now
TouchWIz is pathetic

amjath

Human Spambot
Happy with my Moto G now

:lol: :rofl:

SunE

Professional Newbie
Did anyone here have their orders cancelled? Or got a defective piece?

I've never faced any issues after OTA update on any of my devices like Galaxy Note, Tab 2, Grand Duos, Nexus 5, friend's Moto G. Maybe some phones have this issue. Personally I've never come across it though.

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
Btw, Xiaomi Mi3 is facing many issues... Sim tray issues, display issues, orders getting cancelled after being shipped, etc etc...
Hope Flipkart and Xiaomi sort this mess out soon... :)

I haven't yet faced any issues regarding the above... everything is working fine...

PS: I hate when people ask "show me your phone.. show me your phone.." whenever I buy a new one... :-/

KayKashyap

Journeyman
I haven't yet faced any issues regarding the above... everything is working fine...

PS: I hate when people ask "show me your phone.. show me your phone.." whenever I buy a new one... :-/

even mine..superfast B-|

same with me! the worst part being others comparing their fones with mine >.< xD

Top Bottom