The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

SunE

Professional Newbie
The mobile phone game has to be regret free. It's like the stock market. You'll get what you deserve. No more, no less :p

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and even CPU-Z lists the the chip on Mi3 as SD801 if you see it in any review video.

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
Cancel one

finally I have also booked my Mi3 today (with my own hard earned money ^_^) at 12:06 PM.. as I was A Flipkart First Customer.. :p

Will be receiving it tomorrow.... feeling excited... now need to get rid of my Galaxy S Advance... any buyers ? :D :p

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Xiaomi's latest phone gets a steel frame, IR blaster and top specs for just $320

check that camera f1.8 !!!
SAE 304 stainless steel, to be exact -- to the phone's frame, which is sandwiched between a flat 5-inch 1080p screen and a swappable, slightly curved plastic back cover. The internal specs are as you'd expect: 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 SoC, 3GB of RAM, 16GB/64GB of internal storage, 13MP f/1.8 main camera, 8MP selfie camera, LTE radio (at last), 802.11ac WiFi plus a 3,080mAh battery. As a bonus, you also get an infrared transmitter to play with the TV (which Xiaomi also sells). As usual, the Mi 4 will be very affordable: Just CN¥1,999 or about $320 for the 16GB version, and CN¥2,499 or about $400 for the 64GB version (both off-contract, of course).

139.2mm tall and 8.9mm thick and 67.5mm-wide body

The Mi 4 will be available for pre-ordering in China as early as July 29th, and you'll also be able to pick up one of the many back covers to suit your taste -- be it bamboo, wood, leather, cloth or even stone textures. On top of that, you can add CN¥99 or about $16 for an annual insurance for broken screen plus accidental liquid damage. Sadly, Xiaomi reps told me that there's no info regarding the phone's global availability just yet

SunE

Professional Newbie
[MENTION=107549]kamikaz[/MENTION] Even I saw that review. Got me a little worried but then again that's just one guy on flipkart whereas many of the professional reviewers across the globe haven't found any problem with it. I'll be receiving mine any moment now. I'll update once I get it.

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
A quick review would be great. I already registered for the next batch. Waiting for feedback as the Flipkart page doesn't have a single feedback. A bug free stable performance would determine further sales. This isn't like Moto G where the source code was out so that folks over at XDA could fix problems. All depends on the MIUI team

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
It's actually a bit better than my N5 hardware-wise though. Anyways I bought it for my dad. I was going to buy him a HTC Desire 816 but you know how we techies are :p

Ditto, I was about to get a HTC 816 but the ass of HTC is horrific and I went with Mi3. Lenovo ASS is good by the way my previous phone conked off and they refunded my entire amount as it was not repairable. Really great service by Lenovo though they took a month for the refund. The delay was due to HCL Touch their ASS for Kolkata.All an all fell in love with Lenovo.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Received my phone. It's a beauty. Everything seems to be working good for now. Just set up a few basic things and put it on charge. Will update more later.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
review from tech2

Xiaomi Mi 3 review: Blows away the competition with a complete package - Tech2

"What’s brilliant is that the phone charges very quickly. In about 30 minutes, we went from 0 to 40 percent, which is a boon if you are constantly pulling down cellular data, on the move"

- - - Updated - - -

Received my phone. It's a beauty. Everything seems to be working good for now. Just set up a few basic things and put it on charge. Will update more later.

Congo..do post a short review and pics