The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Hi all,
I am buying the Xiaomi Mi 3 and would like to know the following points about it .
1. i read somewhere that the Indian version of the phone is only WCDMA ? So do i require a new sim card since i have a GSM (normal) sim connection from Vodafone .
2. Are the service centres Xiaomi Exclusive or is it a general shop wherein they repair other mobiles ?
3. Does the phone have direct access to playstore since the chinese versions dont have it
4. WHat are the chances of the phone Conking off ? I know the materials and the equipment used is branded but still for a safer side would the Xiaomi be in tatters after a few months of usage or will it last me atleast an year ?
5. DOes it ship with JB based MIUI or the Kitkat based MIUI ? Has the company promised some updates ?
6. Who would be seeling it on flipkart ? Flipkart itself or some seller like WS Retail ?
Thanks,
123Hero

6. Flipkart itself under their own seller WS Retail!!! :p

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
Hi all,
I am buying the Xiaomi Mi 3 and would like to know the following points about it .
1. i read somewhere that the Indian version of the phone is only WCDMA ? So do i require a new sim card since i have a GSM (normal) sim connection from Vodafone .
2. Are the service centres Xiaomi Exclusive or is it a general shop wherein they repair other mobiles ?
3. Does the phone have direct access to playstore since the chinese versions dont have it
4. WHat are the chances of the phone Conking off ? I know the materials and the equipment used is branded but still for a safer side would the Xiaomi be in tatters after a few months of usage or will it last me atleast an year ?
5. DOes it ship with JB based MIUI or the Kitkat based MIUI ? Has the company promised some updates ?
6. Who would be seeling it on flipkart ? Flipkart itself or some seller like WS Retail ?
Thanks,
123Hero

2. Most probably its a service centre in partnership with other companies, like HCL for example
3. Chinese authorities don't allow Google services but its not a problem here in India
4. That cannot be determined too early but my only concern is that repairability score of a device should be high so that simple procedures like battery replacement should be quick and risk-free. Those sealed batteries are always a problem unless servicing is good enough
5. This guy here has a KK based MIUI so I'm guessing they've moved on to 4.4

6. There is almost always some seller involved but, that will soon be revealed by early customers

What is bothersome is that even in the review above, the guy surprisingly mentions that there are random crashes but casually believes that the dev team would take care of it. I just hope they don't turn this into another LG Optimus 2X and the Indian version turns out just fine

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^for the author :facepalm:

the screen is FHD and os version is 4.4

The author mentions lack of microSD card slot as a con but forgets to mention USB-OTG support in Pros.

saaransh9

Journeyman
Hi all,
Thanks,
123Hero

1. no your vodafone sim will work fine
2.there are only 2 xiaomi exclusive service centres one in delhi n the other in banglore

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
Xiaomi Mi3 Review | Digit.in

Cons
Phone heats up quite easily and freezes
Too many call drops

They better fix it ASAP. Core functions shouldn't get in the way. As already mentioned, the MIUI forum is full of bug reports. The good in all this is, that not everybody will get to buy.

Xiaomi Mi 3 scores 100,000 registrations in India|GSMArena

Good Luck to those wishing to buy

amjath

Human Spambot
^for the author :facepalm:

the screen is FHD and os version is 4.4

The author mentions lack of microSD card slot as a con but forgets to mention USB-OTG support in Pros.
Author is right. Otg is mainstream can't be mentioned in pros and country like India, no SD card slot is a con.

Edit: impressive battery life

Last edited:

SunE

Professional Newbie
So did anyone manage to get one? Flipkart page seems to be down so I'm guessing it's sold out.

Top Bottom