The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

Akira

Augmented Nerd
With the whole Ericsson court case and ban on Xiaomi sales in India...should I cancel my order?? It's expected on 15th. Flipkart might stop Xiaomi sales soon.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
oh wow and on que my sis redmi 1s earphone has stopped working
man i hope servicing this isnt going to be a pain :(

ravi847

Journeyman
Guys there are no lags in the redmi note ui.
I have been using it for about 10 days.
Though I don't play heavy games just Temple run 1 and minion rush where playback was smooth.
I use apps like flipboard, facebook, chrome, SwiftKey, newsstand etc

ubergeek

Journeyman
oh wow and on que my sis redmi 1s earphone has stopped working
man i hope servicing this isnt going to be a pain :(
We have little to no knowledge about service centre quality, let us know about your experience. Guys I have a mi3 and my phone lasts for 1.5 days, with 3g, YouTube videos and I get 3.5 hours of sot is this normal?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Seems likely to be out of court settlement. Negotiations,Deals,Channel,...,etc., will ultimately make the device costlier for Indian Market.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Chances are that these patents are the same ones that Ericsson had mentioned when it filed a lawsuit against Indian phone maker Micromax last year.

Ericsson has also sued other smartphones makers like Gionee, Intex, Samsung and Acer over patents in the past. And yet, these brands continue to sell their devices around the world

Akira

Augmented Nerd
My order for Note is actually still on the way(most likely won't be cancelled by FK). And Iam conflicted. On one hand, you can't get better features for less than 10k. I wasn't honestly expecting any service from Xiaomi even if the sales hadn't been banned(seriously, in tech like this, it's matter of luck. Either it works top notch-no problems, or it will die within two hours).

On the other hand, FK will stop selling Xiaomi soon. Obviously, the ban isn't permanent. India is X's 2nd biggest market, they won't give up without a fight. But its very much possible that some products will be discontinued, or X uses some new tech and the price will rise. Hell, the price is the only reason I even ordered a Note. Then when it comes back, I might regret the fact that I could have bought the lesser-priced version of Note, but chickened out.
That, and Ill still need to get a new phone for less than 10k. What will I get then? Asus zenfone? Moto E? Acer Liquid(12k)?? C'mon....:???:

rdx_halo

In the zone
Cool down guys, this is an interim injunction, that means it has a due date after which it will be lifted. Currently I also filled an injunction against WBSEDCL for some dispute. So, from my experience this is not permanent and getting a permanent injunction against any company is almost impossible unless they are committing heinous crime. This is a tactics taken by profit leveraging companies to force their patent users to caugh up money.

_prabhat

Journeyman
It's not serious problem for today. But future Xiaomi phones will be sold at little higher prices. Because finally customers will have to bear this licensing fees to Ericsson. I don't know about these technology patents. But for pharma companies, all inventions are protected by a patent for 20 years. But I think technology patents are protected forever? Not sure.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
64-bit Xiaomi passes the TENAA, is it the Redmi 2? - GSMArena.com news

I hope they'll update this to Lollipop and current Redmi 1s to kitkat atleast while debloating Miui

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Asus Zenphone 5 for 9k on offer seems like a better option than Redmi Note... Note is heavy, and very large to handle comfortably. And Android 4.2.2 on it is not well optimised. I am having a small regret buying the Redmi Note. Even the cheaper 6k Redmi 1S is faster than the 9k Redmi Note...

But Note does have a phenomenal battery life... That is the one good thing with this phone.

If I had to choose today, I would go for the Asus Zenphone. It also has 2 GB RAM, 8 GM ROM like the Redmi Note. The best thing, 720p 5" screen and 145g weight instead of heavy 200 gms of the Redmi Note.

Top Bottom