The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

_prabhat

Journeyman
MTK never release Kernel Source , hence custom ROM support is bleak.

They released for Android one. But mostly they don't release or ask for license fees to release.

Developer support is non-existant at this point. But we will see something in the future...
There is no guarantee.
Otherwise it's value for money phone as far as h/w is concerned but not having developer support is big NO for me.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
They released for Android one. But mostly they don't release or ask for license fees to release.

To put it across simply and more clearly they don't release,there's no support. Android one is a different story altogether and not part of enthusiast level chipset.

setanjan123

In the zone
To put it across simply and more clearly they don't release,there's no support. Android one is a different story altogether and not part of enthusiast level chipset.
Then I am glad I went with the 1s I guess. Inferior hardware but good dev support. Even Asus zenfones have almost non existent dev support.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Now that's real bad news. I ordered and paid for one but canceled it,just to see the first few user reports and then going for it absolutely!

Another thing to note is that my friend had the updates already installed. I wasn't expecting any lag because I was testing it right after a days use. On the other hand my Sis-in-law's Red Mi 1S isn't laggy at all. Also I am not happy with the UI scaling, looks bleak and meh, .

skeletor13th

Broken In
Have you guys used PC suite that comes with redmi 1s? It is in chinese. Can I get an English version?

check out this thread -

[PC Software] UPDATE: Mi Phone Manager (English Modified UI)+Patched SetupUPDATE: Mi Phone Manager (English Modified UI)+Patched Setup - App - Xiaomi MIUI Official Forum

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
i checked my friends Mi Note. UI Lag is quite noticeable

I haven't noticed any lag on my Redmi Note yet... The first thing I do on all phones is install Google Now Launcher... 2 GB RAM helps. Phone is fast.

But the 13 MP camera is sh*t, especially indoors... Redmi 1S has an 8 MP camera but still better than the one on redmi note...

Rajesh345

Youngling
Exactly! That is what i think.Yes 3G with octacore is better option No point in going for 4G here in India At least until they become mainstream.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you enable 2nd sim on phone.Go to settings->Sim management enable 2nd sim.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope you are wrong Mediatek Octa core will not consume much battery it will only enable 1 or 2 cores during IDLE.It will enable core according to load.
Read this
Octa-core processors: Real advantage or marketing myth? | NDTV Gadgets

It was the issue with SIM and Phone , even though it was working perfectly with Old phone , when i check the SIM it looks very old ( might have some old tech or something ) - I Replaced the SIM from BSNL , now both sim working perfectly

Akira

Augmented Nerd
Sale tomorrow should I buy? What are the cons of this phone(one that you really notice-jellybean is not that slow, though a drain on the battery)?

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Has anyone noticed the redmi 1s is still on sale, yet to go out of stock even after 24 hours, guess the demand has waned

Akira

Augmented Nerd
So final verdict: I should get Redmi note,yes? Max budget is 10k, and no other phone offers these many features at this price. Any thoughts??

Top Bottom