The Official Windows 7 Discussion Thread

gameranand

Living to Play
Well you can deactivate that yourself manually anyway. No need to run 2 separate AVs in parallel. Just waste of resources.

reddead

LoSt!
i just did a fresh install on my laptop a few days ago and i have been experiencing a slight problem since then, my pc hangs for 4-5 seconds randomly....
it has always happened when i am on chrome (which is all the time), i don't think its a chrome issue though..

anyone has any idea on why this is happening?

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
Guys, I'm seriously screwed! The thing is I'm into editing and now I hit upon Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro (used Corel Draw before of course). But both these softwares don't work on a 32-bit OS and I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. Should I buy Windows 7 64-bit or Windows 8? And btw, I will be playing old and new games which might even seldom include Prototype, Prototype 2 and Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer. Otherwise, all the latest games. Also, just inform me if CoD4 multiplayer works fine (with xFire) on Windows 8? Plzz guys, help me. I literally feel miserable not being able to use those softwares for editing mainly because I have used a lot of Premiere Pro in my school for a competition and I need it badly.

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
So, that is my question. Someone please solve it as I want to he into some hardcore gaming as soon as my exams are over so I have to prep my rig for the hardcore version of me!

leelaprasad

Broken In
Strictly speaking its illegal, all windows software products sold in retail will come with physical disc, certificate of authority,

If someone is selling without them means he his selling keys which they acquired through Dreamspark, Bizspark, MSDN AA, OR other MSDN subscriptions which are strictly only for the person who have the subscription.

I would strongly recommend against buying it.

If you have a less budget go with Windows 7 Home professional it will cost a lot less

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Strictly speaking its illegal, all windows software products sold in retail will come with physical disc, certificate of authority,

If someone is selling without them means he his selling keys which they acquired through Dreamspark, Bizspark, MSDN AA, OR other MSDN subscriptions which are strictly only for the person who have the subscription.

I would strongly recommend against buying it.

If you have a less budget go with Windows 7 Home professional it will cost a lot less

I agree to this. Chances are they are from large volume keys(Offered to College Universities) or the sources he mentioned.

BTW they are illegal, but not tracable, You are safe to use and activate them. I can confirm this. ;)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can't reinstall but can restore previous windows install using this method :
How to restore a Windows 7-based computer to a previous Windows installation by using the Windows.old folder

You CAN run GFWL games in Windows 8 too. just google for solution. I don't remember the link buy replacing one file is required. i played GTA 4 on win 8.

Top Bottom