The Official Windows 7 Discussion Thread

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@topgear and others,recently I'm facing a problem in my Win 7 OS,after I boot onto it.After successful logging,it's taking ages to open the home screen.
I had completely,defragmented the Windows successfully,even ran a full scan of virus checking,though the problem persists.If I keep the Windows unattentive for quite a bit of time,the most peculiar thing is Windows becomes unresponsive, and by clicking on the icons,no effect occurs.Simply put the icons/apps. refuses to open and function.

@topgear and others,recently I'm facing a problem in my Win 7 OS,after I boot onto it.After successful logging,it's taking ages to open the home screen.
I had completely,defragmented the Windows successfully,even ran a full scan of virus checking,though the problem persists.If I keep the Windows unattentive for quite a bit of time,the most peculiar thing is Windows becomes unresponsive, and by clicking on the icons,no effect occurs.Simply put the icons/apps. refuses to open and function.

Did you try removing startup items? Also, scan for malware in safe mode. I will recommend Norton Power eraser for the purpose.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

post a screenshot of crystal disk info just to make sure the hdd is fine.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
i have got a problem with my display stand by...... when ever it goes to stand by mode it take 5 minutes for monitor to go into stand by saying no hdmi cable detected and monitor will go to standby in 5 minutes is there any way to fix this i was not getting this delay while i was using vga cable........

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Did you try with newer display driver ? Or if you using IGP then check for bios update as well.

looks like a HDD issue to me .. do what rijinpk1 has asked for.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
^^ Did you try with newer display driver ? Or if you using IGP then check for bios update as well.

usibg latest bios and drivers........... the problem wasn't there when using vga cable.........

I'd like it be made long please.

Well, during my transition from Win 7 to Win 8, I immediately noticed that games run slightly faster at worst. It's much more responsive, faster and light on resources, especially for laptops. My freind had a Dell laptop that used to idle around 55 C CPU temp. After installing Win 8, the temperature dropped to ~45 C. Also, batter laster much much longer.

Hmm..so UI experience is better than windows 7.
any link which will change my mind to upgrade to windows 8
and also win 8 or win 8.1?

UI in Win 8 is simpler than that in Win 7. There is no Aero. Once you get sued to it, it becomes a much better OS. Also, the absence of a start button is not felt at all (at least by me); just press Windows key and start typing just like you did in start menu.

kg11sgbg

Did already : *img834.imageshack.us/img834/5845/dkdy.png

At the same time while I downloaded Smartdefrag (ver.3) from Iobit for updating/upgrading from its previous version,I noticed that the C:\> partition was heavily defragmented. Running the "Analyze" tool under Smartdefrag and subsequently the "Defrag & Fast Optimize",rendered a bit of normalcy to Windows as it seems. Still....wondering....

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Did already : *img834.imageshack.us/img834/5845/dkdy.png

At the same time while I downloaded Smartdefrag (ver.3) from Iobit for updating/upgrading from its previous version,I noticed that the C:\> partition was heavily defragmented. Running the "Analyze" tool under Smartdefrag and subsequently the "Defrag & Fast Optimize",rendered a bit of normalcy to Windows as it seems. Still....wondering....

hdd seems to be fine

kg11sgbg

^Now Windows seems (!!!???) to be normal,the culprit was severe Fragmentation.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hmm ... never heard fragmentation can have such huge impact. Anyway, nice to know the issue is fixed now.

kg11sgbg

^Actually,topgear fault was mine.
I downloaded some trash(rogue???!!!) apps. which I had checked by antivirus and anti-malware tools. Nothing was found and all was O.K.
It was "Fast Shutdown 2011" downloaded from Softpedia.
After using that tool, all sorts of anomalies started....

Completely erased that using "Revo Uninstaller".

kg11sgbg

Such tools instantly terminate running processes and/or services which causes corruptions or data loss AFAIK.
Yep.

Harshil,any idea about issues between Quick Heal and Windows 7?

I had already paid for Quick Heal Internet Suite ,registered on their site,got 3 months extra license worth.

But the problem of Fragmentation has come back,WHEN I MANUALLY TRIED TO UPDATE QUICKHEAL DAILY DATABASE UPDATES.
The updates downloaded successfully,and were installed successfully,ONLY AT THE END IT SHOWS THAT THE EXPLORER WINDOW FOR QUICKHEAL UPDATE HAS STOPPED WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

WHY?WHY?WHY?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yep.

Harshil,any idea about issues between Quick Heal and Windows 7?

I had already paid for Quick Heal Internet Suite ,registered on their site,got 3 months extra license worth.

But the problem of Fragmentation has come back,WHEN I MANUALLY TRIED TO UPDATE QUICKHEAL DAILY DATABASE UPDATES.
The updates downloaded successfully,and were installed successfully,ONLY AT THE END IT SHOWS THAT THE EXPLORER WINDOW FOR QUICKHEAL UPDATE HAS STOPPED WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

WHY?WHY?WHY?

Quickheal is a virus itself. :p

Jokes aside, I would never recommend quickheal or such local "antivirus" applications. Why pay for those local cr@pwares when you can get better antivirus for free (avast, avira, etc)?

Top Bottom