The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Couple of questions on Airport express
1. In our company network, I connect the lan cable directly to my mac and browse the internet. What if i connect the lan cable to Airport Express and browse the internet wirelessly. is it possible?
Yes, it is.

2. I have speakers in my living room and want to use them wirelessly with my iMac and TC wireless set up which will be in other room. When I plug Airport Express in the living room, do I also need lan cable to go in it or AE will extend the wireless network which is already there?
It will extend the existing network. No problem.

Well I upgraded to ipod touch 2.0 and I love the apps
Try: Aurora Feint
Jirbo Break
iPint
They are awesome
Thanks.

Try out Shazam, guys. It’s unbelievable. It listen to a few seconds of the song being played and comes up with all the info about it, the artwork, link to buy it from the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store if it’s available and, to top it off, a YouTube video for most songs. Also, it works with hindi songs too. Mind-frickin’-blowing! :D

goobimama

 Macboy
Yep! Shazaam is pretty awesome. Btw anyone noticed you get a different keyboard when buying apps from the App store? Its transparent n all unlike they other grey one.

^^You were on Tiger or what? :confused:
Heheh. Nahin yaar. I updated my system to 10.5.4 and started getting a lot of kernel panics. I'm guessing that reinstallation is the only way to fix it.

Couple of questions on Airport express
1. In our company network, I connect the lan cable directly to my mac and browse the internet. What if i connect the lan cable to Airport Express and browse the internet wirelessly. is it possible?

2. I have speakers in my living room and want to use them wirelessly with my iMac and TC wireless set up which will be in other room. When I plug Airport Express in the living room, do I also need lan cable to go in it or AE will extend the wireless network which is already there?
Apple's bonjour is the most magical technology. Without any network configuration whatsoever, even when computers fail to see each other, the bonjour service will make sure you iTunes library is accessible on all devices. And being that you already have an iPod Touch, you can easily control what plays on your living room speakers with Remote.app.

A word of caution though, the Express doesn't have the best of range but since you already have a TC it should not be a problem.

----
Reinstalled Leopard. Now find that Wireless doesn't work and I need to download 10.5.4 before I get that going. Anyway, took me 6 mins and a coupla seconds to complete the installation.

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ i dont think so.but if paypal is an option u can ask someone to add money to ur paypal acc

btw what about the apple section?goobi u talked with Raboo ?

Last edited:
When I download an application ,OS X asks for Apple ID and Password on iPhone.When I type the Username and all that It asks me to open iTunes.When I open iTunes,it says iTunes is not available in your country and directs me to Apps Store again.When I download an app,the cycle starts again.WTF!Dhobi ka kutta na Apps store ka na iTunes ka!
I can't make an iTunes account coz I've got no Credit Card:(

BTW nice one- *www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_m-BjrxmgI

Hey tell me how to change 802.11g and n and all that in Time Capsule.I have selected the 'connect wirelessly to my existing network' and it's doing that.But how do I know if it is 802.11g or n and how to change that?My printer and iPhone are 802.11g but iMac is 802.11n.I'm damn confused!

Last edited:

dawizard

Right off the assembly line
Hey what's up boys. Ediz here. Expecting a warm welcome from the macboys on this awesome forum. Btw, I'm the idiot who bought preshit's mac. ;)

I'm a forum n00b so be gentle.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Hey Ediz, how's the Mac crappMiny going? And yeah, welcome to the forum. iWiz :lol: That's a good one :lol:

dawizard

Right off the assembly line
@manan: Dude, I'm sitting right here. No funny business is allowed with the popats. Or prepare to face some green power. - goobi

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
So you're finally here...

Welcome welcome... *pops open a bottle, while launching iPint for himself*

When's the TFT due now?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
He is definitely on a CRT. :D A Mac on CRT. That is more dis-respecting than anything I have said so far :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Welcome, Ediz! :)

When I download an application ,OS X asks for Apple ID and Password on iPhone.When I type the Username and all that It asks me to open iTunes.When I open iTunes,it says iTunes is not available in your country and directs me to Apps Store again.When I download an app,the cycle starts again.WTF!Dhobi ka kutta na Apps store ka na iTunes ka!
I can't make an iTunes account coz I've got no Credit Card:(
Well, you need an iTunes account, man. The Apple ID won’t do. Doesn’t your father or anyone you know have a credit card?

Hey tell me how to change 802.11g and n and all that in Time Capsule.I have selected the 'connect wirelessly to my existing network' and it's doing that.But how do I know if it is 802.11g or n and how to change that?My printer and iPhone are 802.11g but iMac is 802.11n.I'm damn confused!
Go to ‘AirPort Utility » Manual Setup » Wireless’, set the Radio Mode to “802.11n (802.11b/g compatible)” and hit Update. That’s it. :)

Top Bottom