The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
TUAW seems to be doing a lot of sloppy reporting these days. Almost like stuff being sent out directly without any editorial director.

A quick rant about notes:
You got your iPhone. You got your computer. Your emails sync. Your contacts sync. Your calendars sync. Your music, your podcasts, your photos, all your stuff: it just syncs. This is good.

Your notes? They don't sync...

...A friend says to me: "Sync them where? With Stickies?" He has a point - there's no obvious, existing place for text notes to go, but again, that doesn't sound to me like something that need be a problem.

How can a TUAW reporter not realise that Mail.app has the notes feature and so does Outlook on Windows?! Insanity prevails I guess.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Good writers are tough to find while good editors are extinct species.

Last edited by a moderator:

goobimama

 Macboy
^ I know of someone who is really good in this regard. (you know who you are!).

Anyway, what's with the blue text? Please post in unformatted text.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Who am I ?

Sorry for the blue text, its my trademark across various forums. Cant really change it

Mod reply:
Don't worry, I can! And I expect you not to continue.

narangz

Web developer
@goobimama- I haven't voted in the new poll & it says I've already voted!

Here it shows 1 each for every option but check who's voted for what & you'll see multiple voters.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Mod, if you really want to do your duty then go ahead and change colour of all my posts. Or else stay away buddy.

BTW are you a Digit employee Hitboxx ???

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
^^ agreed. woh bhi blue popat ho gaya :)

Good to know that Aryaush. There are always exceptions. BTW recently came to know that Apple India will provide some serious discounts on their entire range for students. Anybody got more info on that ?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Stop using the blue font, dude. You’re going to get miserabled by Hitboxx.

Yeah, there is a flat 12.5% discounts on MacBooks and MacBook Pros for the students, staff and faculty of recognised universities. The cheapest MacBook now starts at only Rs. 45,000 (inclusive of taxes and stuff).

--------------

Guess who’s here? I give you, Ediz, the Wizard. :)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
That blue font is straining the eyes!!

And how many times do we have discussion on Discounts and Prices ??

So who is this Wizard ?? More about him ??

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Sadly, India is a democracy and majority counts. So no bold blues in this thread.

BTW this is the only thread where people have objections against my font preferences.

One more thing, this is not the only forum on internet alright, so idea of being miserabled by XYZ doesnt hold any weight.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Oh spare me the shenanigans please, how hard is it for you not to understand! And trust me, I won't ever stay away "buddy".

Show me blue(edit no 3) and you will report to the front office and join the bootcamp, soldier. No more discussions!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Sadly, India is a democracy and majority counts. So no bold blues in this thread.

BTW this is the only thread where people have objections against my font preferences.

One more thing, this is not the only forum on internet alright, so idea of being miserabled by XYZ doesnt hold any weight.
Dude! Your presence here = Your absence here :)

And that Blue font has been irritating in every thread, it is here that matters were spoken of publicly.

goobimama

 Macboy
Stop using the blue font, dude. You’re going to get miserabled by Hitboxx.

Yeah, there is a flat 12.5% discounts on MacBooks and MacBook Pros for the students, staff and faculty of recognised universities. The cheapest MacBook now starts at only Rs. 45,000 (inclusive of taxes and stuff).

--------------

Guess who’s here? I give you, Ediz, the Wizard. :)
Just got an email from my Apple store. Goa University works as well (=all colleges affiliated with that university).

And poor Ediz. He has gotten totally confused. Running around the place trying to find the Apple thread. I've given him instructions so one will see him soon enough.

@Jamesbond: He's the guy who bought Preshit's Mac Mini (Me loves to flaunt mine gallery!)

--------
Wow! Awesome screensaver along the lines of Aurora desktop of Leopard. Already a staff pick at Apple.com.

*img.skitch.com/20080718-t8ieycqdqhc6t1dxtdrqsqrs62.jpg

A perfect companion for the Leopard stylish nebula, this screen saver is the animated, full 3D version of the same concept, the effect achieved is truly fantastic and hypnotic.
Free Download @ Multithemes

------
Hex for the systemwide Color Picker! That thing always bothered me in that I couldn't read or write colour codes in Hex so I always ended up using Photoshop or a separate colour meter.

Today I found Hex Color Picker 1.4. Seems like a solid tool which integrates with the OS.

Web designers and programmers who need to specify colors must use a special code. This code can amazingly in this day and age not be found directly within the Mac OS X color panel. What do you have to do to get it? Launch Photoshop for the sole purpose of getting a six digit number? Calculate it for yourself with Calculator's hexadecimal mode, TextEdit and some patience? We tried that once, it was nothing but pain and frustration.

Along comes Hex Color Picker to put an extra tab in the system-wide color panel. Instantly see the hex color code for any color, and edit it just the same with a number of shorthands. Problem solved.
Free Download @ Wafflesoftware

--------
Awright. Got a new poll started. Macboys, L'users, Winboys. Let us know whether you would rather have all the mac junk in a separate section.

Not that I have the power to create one. Just want to know where you guys stand.

Last edited:
Not using TC right now.
Will connecting TC to an AP and selecting that extend wireless network be OK?
I want to use my TC only as a backup HDD and if it can boost the signal,it would be some icing on the cake:D

I'm still alive.

VLC is causing trouble with HD stuff.It crashes just in the middle of a scene.I have Spiderman 3 720p.Got it today itself and it's all fugged up what to do.I'm not gonna use quicktime as I can't turn of subtitles.VLC supports this feature.

HELP!is what I am craving for!

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Didn't he say he can't turn "of" subtitles? You want to turn them Off or turn them On? Both things are easily possible using QT.

Top Bottom