The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Both QT and VLC play .mkv files perfectly, however I noticed one big diff between, not diff actually, VLC plays the file spot on, in QT, you'll have to wait for atleast 5 mins ( depends ) till the Matroska loads and then start the playback. You can easily turn the subs on and off pretty easily in either of them.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Should there be an Apple section?

Go on, people. Vote for the first option. Post your views. :)

----------------------

For those who don’t know about it, grab the Tomatometer widget from Apple’s website if you’re into movies. It’s just a perfect little widget and is one of the first things I install on a new Mac.

Last edited:
Yes,there should be one.

I still haven't got my TC prob solved:(

*img.skitch.com/20080718-npix4iamenb2rujp5gs6iwkdkt.preview.jpg
Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

This thing is getting on my nerves!

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Why Does The iPhone Have A Crippled Bluetooth?

Answering the million dollar question as to why the iPhone has a crippled bluetooth.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
iPod stuff

dunno whether this s/w was recomended b4.

iTunes was too heavy for a 256MB ram laptop.
did a little googling & found this s/w -Anapod Explorer [not free]

really nice to use, uses just around 10-20MB of RAM.
with this s/w, we can just select a song-> right click-> "send to"->iPod. so simple:))

*www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/

goobimama

 Macboy
Didn't notice the can't turn off subtitles. Anyway, all is possible with Quicktime. You could even have a plain subtitles track without audio and video if you want. In any case, just hit Command+J after the MKV has loaded.

*img.skitch.com/20080718-bc1snqupdsesww5ip5n9yt283w.jpg

@azeem: Big deal. If every time you get an MKV you save it as a reference movie, there is no need for all this loading time.

goobimama

 Macboy
I've been interacting with my Address Book these days more then before, and I suddenly come to realise that it is a very ugly little application. I mean after looking at the smooth UI designs of the iPhone addressbook and the MobileMe online AB, the OS X one looks pale in comparison. Sure it does have all the required stuff, but the looks of it don't appease me much. Any screwy thoughts on this?

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Man I seem to have missed a lot! And what's with the blue fonts? I can't see them? Or are they already edited?
Zombie seems like a annoying person to go with!

@ Milind,
That is really a cool screensaver.

About the poll. I think this thread should stay because then we will always be loyal to each other. Unless we are made mods of the section!

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
WOW, another incident of Apple taking care of its customers.

As I had mentioned earlier about Apple charging my CC for the trial MobileMe account, it was a authorization hold which generally is of USD $1 but for me it accidentally was of 100 SGD.

So to compensate for the trouble that it had caused me, they extended my trial account by another 30-days, that makes it 120-days of free usage :cool:

goobimama

 Macboy
About the poll. I think this thread should stay because then we will always be loyal to each other. Unless we are made mods of the section!
And people with profiles on the Apple Thread could be Section Leaders
Someone is certainly keen on doing some moderation. Sorry sonny, that's not going to happen. ;)

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@Milind

The address book of OS X in comparison to the one in MobileMe, sure doesn't look good. But , heyy, I read on so many blogs that Address book and iCal don't sync with MobileMe properly. I made changes in Address Book and the changes are reflected in Contacts in MobileMe and vice-versa. Pretty Cool

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ And if you look at the one on the iPhone, it looks really plain. Anyway, most people are complaining that the changes aren't pushed to the server, instead, they are sync'ed every 15 minutes which is not what was promised.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
WOW, another incident of Apple taking care of its customers.

As I had mentioned earlier about Apple charging my CC for the trial MobileMe account, it was a authorization hold which generally is of USD $1 but for me it accidentally was of 100 SGD.

So to compensate for the trouble that it had caused me, they extended my trial account by another 30-days, that makes it 120-days of free usage :cool:
Yeah, they’re nice that way. Of course, for me, that still doesn’t make the whole thing better. I can’t excuse them for the horrible, horrible launch. I don’t really find .Mac all that appealing anymore. I’m just waiting for the 2.0 firmware. If that doesn’t fix my issues, I’m jumping ship (and I hope I don’t have to). I think I can safely conclude that Apple really is best at just software and design. They’re only OK in the hardware and services departments.

I've been interacting with my Address Book these days more then before, and I suddenly come to realise that it is a very ugly little application. I mean after looking at the smooth UI designs of the iPhone addressbook and the MobileMe online AB, the OS X one looks pale in comparison. Sure it does have all the required stuff, but the looks of it don't appease me much. Any screwy thoughts on this?
Ah, I’ve never really felt that way.

iPod stuff

dunno whether this s/w was recomended b4.

iTunes was too heavy for a 256MB ram laptop.
did a little googling & found this s/w -Anapod Explorer [not free]

really nice to use, uses just around 10-20MB of RAM.
with this s/w, we can just select a song-> right click-> "send to"->iPod. so simple:))

*www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/
Sorry, buddy, only one Windows user here. The rest of us are all enlightened beings. :p

Anyway, most people are complaining that the changes aren't pushed to the server, instead, they are sync'ed every 15 minutes which is not what was promised.
You can reduce it to near instantaneousness, though it still won’t be “push”.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
.... and another example.

After my Leopard upgrade DVD stopped being recognized, I called up their Tech Support. Even though my 'telephone support' had expired 3 months of purchase, they still provided every help that they could. After everything, they said they'll courier me the DVD.

And here it is. The Leopard DVD all the way from Singapore via AirMail.

narangz

Web developer
Apple iPod at Rs. 900*!!!

This was the advertisement I saw in the newspaper this morning by iStore for first 100 customers. Don't know which conditions apply.

I reckon it must be a Shuffle.

Top Bottom