The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
Array common sense says that Macs are different from the gen-pop PCs. So that's why we refer to them as two different platforms. Of course, if you look at it, PC = Personal Computer = everything!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No, it isn’t out yet. Word on the street is that patience is your best friend. :)

This is not about Mac OS and Windows OS, its about Mac and PC, which are both x68. No one here has a PowerPC based Mac, except may be Milind. So how do you think your comments make sense, when the MacBooks , MacBooks Pros are all x86 based like the PCs ???
Umm… what? What does any of that have to do with what I said?

Meet the internationally recognized Mac Psycho. Dude you are insane!!
:D

BTW is your MBP still under warranty ??
Yes, it is. If it wasn’t, I’d probably have ended paying up as much as a new MBP getting all those parts replaced. The screen itself costs a bomb!

Or did you give it for repair ??
Yes, I did. Do the two have to be mutually exclusive?

praka123

left this forum longback
PC is the same as mac = currently. without windows os also ,PC =PC = x86 = i686(currently with some processor optimizations). there is virtually no difference exist
between PC and mac as of now.

what @jamesbond said was truly the right thing to be said :rolleyes: be back on senses.

what OS X on x86 lacks is modular driver for those components which are not used by mac pc.for that some hackers had already succeded(no big news ,since os x is more or less a weak version of BSD) ,hence hackintosh exists.

the cult like following definitely is a cheap thing reg mac (no ,offense!).

Though ,I agree mac os x is one of the easiest to go for new compu users . :)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
goobimama said:
Array common sense says that Macs are different from the gen-pop PCs.

The packaging, the finishing... Macs Rock hands down!! But we are talking about the things under the hood.

aryayush said:
Umm… what? What does any of that have to do with what I said?

Okay, you make me look like a psycho now!!

Oh I thought you MBP was more than 2 years old, so when I said 'give it for repair' I meant 'repair' and not 'covering under warranty'

BTW my MacBook warranty ends in September ?? Anything I could get done, although I must say I am yet to see any sort of problem with MacBook. Boy, not a single problem, I can't believe myself.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I’d purchased the AppleCare Protection Plan, which extended my warranty coverage to three years from the date of purchase. You can buy it too if you want (and you should, IMHO). :)

You are sick! :eek:
:D

(I’d missed this comment before.)

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
And if in case you didn't notice, we don't give a damn about what's inside. What's outside that matters, which is why Macs are different from PCs. And whenever we refer to PC, let it be a Windows xp/Vista running on an Intel or AMD chip. And when we say a Mac, we say Mac OS X running on an Intel/PPC based Macintosh made by Apple. This is just to keep things clear and concise.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I’d purchased the AppleCare Protection Plan, which extended my warranty coverage to three years from the date of purchase. You can buy it too if you want (and you should, IMHO). :)
Which reminds me that I need to get 1 for dad's HP. Thank you! You just saved my arse.

Macs use EFI ,so do some Linux boxes,PCs ,Windows or Linux based ones use BIOS.
Rest all is same I guess.Both are x86.
But man Macs look cute n .....(I don't use such words:D).They are virtually-Virus free.OS X is the easiest,prettiest and the most advanced OS.I don't care for others but for me it is.When I bought my iMac I was taken by awe by OS X.In contrast,when I tried Kalyway 10.5.2 on my PC it sukked hard!Hang ups,kernel panics and all that crap!
Just to adore this beautiful platform some more,I will do some more 'Ninda' of Winblows.
Yesterday,to transfer songs to my iPod nano I turned on my winblows PC just to find hundreds of pop-up balloons waiting to bombard me.
AVG antivirus asking to update,security alerts,slowdowns etc etc.

No fanboyistic stuff here.It's a bitter truth for some:D

For Linux fanboys,Linux is good and developing rapidly but OS X is light years ahead.GUI,ease of use and most importantly the wealth of commercial applications make it the most useful computing platform.

Please inform as soon as iPhone 2.0 FW is pawned.:D

Not using TC right now.
Will connecting TC to an AP and selecting that extend wireless network be OK?
I want to use my TC only as a backup HDD and if it can boost the signal,it would be some icing on the cake:D

goobimama

 Macboy
Last poll results:
*img.skitch.com/20080717-8udsrpm1ibh9dijmif1j9e2uwe.jpg
Calculate the percentages accordingly, but it seems like everyone is waiting on the Aluminium MacBook.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
That's pretty much about it! Nothing!
How come this poll is closed already! But here it says I have!
Come on, Apple, crush Psystar. May every hackintosh builder and user be cursed!
Anyways, I think Psystar has a poor designing skill.

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Apple put some really brilliant ideas while designing Macs. I know because I have worked with Apple and had an entire lab for my R&D. Hell when you open an iMac you get to know how they squeeze things in - thoughtfully of course. Their design and performance is what IBM PC clones will never have, unless you are a modder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom