The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
All prices are inclusive of all discounts and applicable taxes and rounded off to the nearest 5000:

White MacBook 1: Rs. 45,000
White MacBook 2: Rs. 55,000
Black MacBook: Rs. 60,000
15-inch MacBook Pro 1: Rs. 80,000
15-inch MacBook Pro 2: Rs. 1,00,000
17-inch MacBook Pro: Rs. 1,15,000

You are not entitled to any free iPod(s).
Hey, I heard MacBook is around Rs. 35,000 equivalent in USA ?
Now its price seems godly. :(

What would be the price for the full ipod, discount, etc included deal if someone gets the same in USA ?

And where the hell in the Internet can I find price listing for Apple Products ? :mad:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus

MacBook line up starts at $1099 which is equal to Rs. 47,305 as of today. Both prices are exclusive of applicable taxes.

What would be the price for the full ipod, discount, etc included deal if someone gets the same in USA ?

Depends on the offer. You won't get a discount AND iPod together with the same offer.

And where the hell in the Internet can I find price listing for Apple Products ? :mad:

On Apple's Site :|

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Indian 'Street' prices ? Seriously?

Apple sets an MRP on the prices of the products. You goto any dealer or ask the Apple Sales helpline directly. You will get the same price throughout. Give and take a grand.

Only the applicable taxes differ from place to place.

Indian 'Street' prices ? Seriously?

Apple sets an MRP on the prices of the products. You goto any dealer or ask the Apple Sales helpline directly. You will get the same price throughout. Give and take a grand.

Only the applicable taxes differ from place to place.
OK. Thanks. Till now, I had one hell of a difficulty in getting prices of the various avatars of iPods. I was intrested in the 60GB model some time back, but due to some reasons, I ended up getting myself a lowy Transcend T-Sonic 610 2GB DAP. :(

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No, it isn't and never was.

Now its price seems godly. :(
To you, I'm pretty sure even Rs. 10,000 will seem "godly" if it's Apple's product. There's not much the company can do about that. Rs. 45,000 for a MacBook is an absolute steal for normal people!

Rs. 46,253 for the lowest configured MacBook, along with a free iPod touch if you're eligible for an educational discount. Inclusive of all taxes; free shipping to anywhere within the States.

In general, the prices of Macs in India are the same or sport a very tiny difference when compared to those in the U.S.A.. They'll cost you pretty much the same, so it makes sense to buy them from here only.

They're right there for you to see on Apple's website(s). Jeez!

No, it isn't and never was.

To you, I'm pretty sure even Rs. 10,000 will seem "godly" if it's Apple's product. There's not much the company can do about that. Rs. 45,000 for a MacBook is an absolute steal for normal people!

Rs. 46,253 for the lowest configured MacBook, along with a free iPod touch if you're eligible for an educational discount. Inclusive of all taxes; free shipping to anywhere within the States.

In general, the prices of Macs in India are the same or sport a very tiny difference when compared to those in the U.S.A.. They'll cost you pretty much the same, so it makes sense to buy them from here only.

They're right there for you to see on Apple's website(s). Jeez!
1. I remember someone talking about this black friday or something like that where you get things damn cheap...

2. Here we go again :p Actually, I think iPods except shuffle are damn cheap. Its just too hard to find the right model in National Market (bangalore)

3. Wait a sec, we have an option between iPod and Discount ? Or we get both ? What do we get in India ? And whats the difference between the amount discounted and cost of ipod they give ? :?:

4. Again, I remember someone, I think it was ashwin, talking about this day called black friday or something. :?

5. Why do they have to hide it in some botton corner to ensure that I can't notice it in the middle of exotic looking visuals ? :mad:

goobimama

 Macboy
Preshit congrats dude! I so wish I was there when you got it in your hands :)D).

The rest of you, whaddup!

@sunny: Shut it with the temperature thing will you. Or be prepared to be miserabled.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
@ arya can i waste the reseller's time in getting me a price and then decide the order or they give the price after u place an order?
i earlier thought purchasing it from Byron Bay whre i can avail student discount but still its more than wht indian price is :| .gotta find an indian student now :D

Last edited:
Bought a HP wireless All in one printer,scanner photocopier:D to use with my Mac over WiFi.
I am getting 200-220kBps on HTTP but with torrents 60-70-80kBps,no more.I am using transmission.

goobimama

 Macboy
Bought a HP wireless All in one printer,scanner photocopier:D to use with my Mac over WiFi.
I am getting 200-220kBps on HTTP but with torrents 60-70-80kBps,no more.I am using transmission.
Are you sure you are using good torrents? Try the official ubuntu torrent as that is seeded to the max. Cause there is nothing wrong with the speed on Transmission as it goes well over 200KBps here...

Also, if you install Bonjour on Windows, you can use the wireless printer from a PC as well.

Last edited:

narangz

Web developer
Guys guys guys & girl(s) (if any)!

Well today I planned to watch the movie- Jaane tu ya jaane na and also had to do some shopping. So I went to Westend Mall with my friend. Now how's this related to Apple thread?

Here's why:

Well we reached the mall about 1 hour earlier than the show time as I wanted to do some shopping. Now when we entered the mall, I am surprised! Guess what I see there?

An Apple iStore!!!

There were balloons all over the entry of the store so I guessed today's the inauguration day. The guy at the store also told us about the inauguration & the media was all over there clickin the photographs. So forgetting about the shopping we entered the iStore. Each & every Apple gadget & accessories were there except the iPhone. I the started using the iMac & tried various apps. The iStore had Wifi access so I used safari too for a couple of minutes. Then I launched iTunes & listened to the bollywood tracks. I must say the audio quality is pretty good.

Then we moved on the the notebooks. The first one I tried was Mac Book. I never liked the Mac Book so we then moved to the MacBook Air. Well the Air was something. I inspected every inch of it & was awe struck by it's size & weight. I also inspected it's corners & I can't believe anyone can be injured by those corners. It can't even cut bread loaf! :D

After using the Air for some time we moved on to iPod Touch. Well it is an awesome product.

After trying the Touch for a couple of minutes we move on to the MacBook Pro. I like the MB Pro 'coz of it aluminium body. Now the sales executive comes to us after watching us. By this time he realised that these guys are not here to feast their eyes & are actually trying the products.

I realized that the MacBook Pro & the iMac next to it didn't have the vibrant colours like we saw on the previous iMac & MacBook. I asked the executive & he told me that these screens are of Matte finish & the previous ones had Glossy finish. Well I kind of liked both the types.

The sales executive now offered us a demo & asked me which version of Windows do I use. I told him that I use Windows Vista Ultimate. Then he went on to ask the config my PC has. I told him it has 3 GB of RAM & it's AMD X2 based system. He then asked me how many simultaneous Windows can I open without slowing down the OS. I then told him that in my daily usage it doesn't slow down.
He then opened hell lot of applications & multiple windows of Safari. He then asked me if I want to check the system & tell him if I think it's running sluggishly. Well didn't find it responding sluggishly & was working fine. Then he boasted of the quality & quality control process and went on & on. After being interrupted by me, he started to show me various qualities of the Mac Leopard OS. I must admit I was impressed. I had used the MacBook before but didn't know of those things.

Then he said you can install Leopard on PC but that dibba won't run it the way the Apple hardware does. Yes, he actually called PC a dibba! I seized this opportunity & asked him about Hackintosh. He kind of avoided answering it directly but just said that you won't enjoy it. Then I asked him if I can get Leopard installation media from them. Surprisingly he said yes & told me it'll cost Rs. 5900. I confirmed if it'll be genuine & he said yes.

It was a nice experience & I'll buy MacBook Pro someday when I can afford it.

Here's a photo of the store from the outside:

*i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/narangz/apple/16072008.jpg

Sorry if you guys think this is a boring & extremely long post and there's nothing new in it. But well it was first experience for me on the Touch & Air.

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Glad you got to use some of the products :) The Mac Pro + ACD 30" is what is awesome.

P.S: Apple iStore = Reliance Apple Stores

Top Bottom