The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
Re: PS3 buying decision!

*img362.imageshack.us/img362/9051/picture001zn6.th.jpg

*img362.imageshack.us/img362/4571/picture002pi1.th.jpg

*img68.imageshack.us/img68/7219/picture003lc6.th.jpg

*img178.imageshack.us/img178/5089/picture005yx0.th.jpg

*img388.imageshack.us/img388/3487/picture006lq9.th.jpg

*img178.imageshack.us/img178/2001/picture007ss3.th.jpg

Some pics of my iMac with my PC:D

Kya karu?No flash in iPhone:(

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
And the new iMacs and macbooks have LED backlit screens as well.
No, not the iMacs and MacBooks. :(

Only the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air have been chosen by Apple for that honour.

-----------------

@Sunny1211993,
An ethernet cable is the best solution.

------------------

@drgrudge,
Use PodWorks (paid) or Senuti (free and open source).

------------------

@jamesbond007,
Make sure the webpage you want auto-refreshed is the frontmost one in Safari. Now double-click on the script to launch it in Script Editor and hit Run. As long as the script is running, the frontmost tab will keep getting refreshed automatically every two minutes (unfortunately, if you switch to another tab, it will start getting auto-refreshed instead). A better solution is to use Opera for your auto-refreshing needs.

What do you want to have auto-refreshed?

man i need ur imac wallpaper :D
from where u got it?
From deviantART. It’s the same as mine. He chose the most popular 1920x1200 wallpaper from the ‘Landscapes & Scenery’ category, and so did I. Weird coincidence. :p

Some pics of my iMac with my PC:D
There are way too many wires for my liking. 8)

WOW! 24" is really not quite as huge as one would think…

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@dr
Senuti is excellent tool, I've used it and it work painlessly. Give it a try

@Arya

Thanks for you solution. I want auto refresh for my stocks page. In Opera you are only two-finger tap away from auto refresh, in Firefox, you are just a plug-in away, but heyy I am on Leopard Safari now :) The solution works but, any day you get a better solution don't forget to inform me...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks for you solution.
You’re welcome. :)

I want auto refresh for my stocks page. In Opera you are only two-finger tap away from auto refresh, in Firefox, you are just a plug-in away, but heyy I am on Leopard Safari now :) The solution works but, any day you get a better solution don't forget to inform me...
1. Try the stocks widget. I’m not sure whether it works for Indian companies or not though.

2. Make a WebClip out of the section of the page where the stock quotes are listed on that website of yours. Now, every time you load Dashboard, the widget will get updated.

goobimama

 Macboy
Btw, I got an auto-refresh applescript from IncisiveGeek. It does what it says it does. All I did was double click it and hit "Run script" in the script editor.

And the stocks widget on the iPhone as well as Dashboard works with many Indian companies. It does mention that quotes are delayed by 20 minutes though...

--------
Okay so that auto-refresh script only refreshes the currently focussed tab. So if you want tab 1 to auto refresh, but currently focussed on tab 2, tab 2 will get refreshed.

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@goobi & arya

Stock widget doesn't work for Indian companies and I am have been using web clips too but only for bse curve, sensex. This what my dash board looked like in afternoon :
*img.skitch.com/20080606-e32hyjbxyun3kxdtsj9tybwcrm.preview.jpg
Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

Gosh, this thing in Skitch sux

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Which thing?

Btw, I got an auto-refresh applescript from IncisiveGeek. It does what it says it does. All I did was double click it and hit "Run script" in the script editor.

Okay so that auto-refresh script only refreshes the currently focussed tab. So if you want tab 1 to auto refresh, but currently focussed on tab 2, tab 2 will get refreshed.
Yeah, both Azeem and I Googled “safari auto-refresh” and found that same script, used it and came to the same conclusion. :)

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
*img.skitch.com/20080606-ntb447iqa8195rce1uhp6rb6jk.jpg
Stocks work for me. I hope you are using the official stocks widget. You seem to have something else in there...

Note: Those are not the stocks I'm tracking those stocks in the screenshot. Just created a duplicate stocks widget and added random indian companies.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
ha ha ha. I guess, thats the only auto refresh script available for Safari :-(

The thing that sucks in Skitch is the line in the bottom of image...

goobi ... hold on let me check....

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I hope you are using the official stocks widget. You seem to have something else in there...
He’s using WebClips. Boy, you really are sick today. :p

Here’s something to cheer you up. If it wasn’t obvious enough, CNET now proves that it is run by idiots. Check out this article. Notice the stupidity? A completely useless article based on ill-informed speculation and guesswork. :lol:

(If you don’t know what I’m talking about, I’ll pray for your health. :p)

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Heyy !!! Surprisingly the Stocks widget is working for Indian companies tooo....
A week back, when I checked this thing didn't work for Indian companies. But there is a problem here, for companies like Apple and Google it is showing names ( script names ) like AAPL, GOOG but for the ones' I want it shows only numbers!! Very difficult to identify that way

Okay, Stocks widget not good enough for my needs. Web Clips rock!!

Why couldn’t he just have deleted the offending line?

Yep thats an option!!

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Ars Technica reports that it will go by the name Snow Leopard, which would be the latest in a long line of monikers taken from big cats.

"Have they done Cougar yet? I have no idea whose turn it is next." Says Michael Cherry, lead analyst on Windows at Directions on Microsoft. "You need to call the zoo."
[Via Forbes]

LOL! :lol:

Top Bottom