The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I agree with your second para, I am mostly at college or classes during the day & having a capped connection means I can't or shouldn't download during the day. Secondly, I avoid downloading stuff while I am sitting on the net, kinda slows the whole thing. Besides, the hassle of making sure that the damn thing stops at 8 is a whole different issue for me as my early mornings are classified as afternoons according to GMT.

@Milind,I'm still on 10.5.2,Will update tonight.
@Aayush,Everything just hanged!Nothing was responding,the Dock,iChat,Menu Bar,Safari all hanged!Safari was showing some zig-zag lines:(

goobimama

 Macboy
Just know that 5GB per month equals 150MB per day. That's a lot of surfing. I have never hesitated doing anything during the day, not ever. I even downloaded the 10.5.3 update during the day itself. While that might have a lot to do with my net being down a lot of the time during the last month, still, it counts.

But then again, to each his own :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Hey guys can I connect Audio Output from a Mac Mini to a DVD player with Audio In, the player has 4 audio inputs, 2 red & 2 white? Does a Mac Mini come with a nVidia GPU?

goobimama

 Macboy
Oh common. It is common knowledge that the Mac mini comes with Intel GMA 950 graphics. So how do you connect to a DVD player? Can't you just directly connect to the TV?

The mac mini has stereo output via standard 3.5mm jack, or optical output via a TOSLINK cable. The player may have 4 inputs, but only 2 will be active at a time. One will be for audio, the other for video.

Btw, you also get some kind of connector cables from apple or other electronics companies for such connections.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
So, here are the details of my next big purchase. A 24-inch iMac with the following configuration:
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x2GB
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS w/512MB GDDR3
1TB Serial ATA Drive
Apple wireless Mighty Mouse
Apple Wireless Keyboard (English) + User's Guide

Cost of the above configuration in the U.S.A. (after conversion): Rs. 1,20,000 (max)
Cost of the above configuration in our awesome country: Rs. 1,50,000 (conservatively)
ETA: Four to six weeks

Damn it! :(

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Oh common. It is common knowledge that the Mac mini comes with Intel GMA 950 graphics. So how do you connect to a DVD player? Can't you just directly connect to the TV?

The mac mini has stereo output via standard 3.5mm jack, or optical output via a TOSLINK cable. The player may have 4 inputs, but only 2 will be active at a time. One will be for audio, the other for video.

Btw, you also get some kind of connector cables from apple or other electronics companies for such connections.
I was planning to connect the TV set & Mac Mini using a VGA cable, the audio is an issue.

Ashok Verma

Journeyman
hello friends, could anyone please tell me how to add pics from my comupter to forum, not as attachment. that is to be displayed along with message in forum...??/?

goobimama

 Macboy
hello friends, could anyone please tell me how to add pics from my comupter to forum, not as attachment. that is to be displayed along with message in forum...??/?
If you on a mac, google 'skitch', download it and you can take the best screenshots and directly get all the work done behind the scenes.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
If you're of the impression that only the Mac apps look better than their windows counterparts, you must take a look at their sites too.

*tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ and *versionsapp.com/

[Source]

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, Milind mentioned the sites in his blog post too.

Did you guys know that the wired Mighty Mouse projects the image of an actual mouse when you dim the lights and lift it slightly from the front? Try it out, Mehul, Milind and Sunny.

Apple is an awesome company!

coolmel

was here
hey fellas!

i got my iMac up n running today. yes i got it last week, but due to work unveiled it today! anyhow..a few things to note from the opening. Yep i had problems!

The setup was a breeze, in which i accidently kept Alex on, so had to bear with his instructions every now n then:p.. turned off later. Initially, the function keys werent working, but somehow found out a way to switch em on. now comes the main thing.. Whenever i load a dvd, the eject key simply doesnt work! i hv to make it pop out only after right click, otherwise frm the keyboard, it simply doesn work! anysolution?? One more thing, the mac DID get stuck when i opened a song from my pendrive..a curtain type effect came on d screen n had to restart holdin the power button, later learnt it was a kernel panic error( what the heck is that!), n Sunny, ur not alone with this problem.
Can anyone figure out what could the problem be?? rest all is working fine for the moment. more updates later..

cheers!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
WOW! You got a kernel panic the day you took it out of the box? I’d never thought I would ever hear someone say that. A kernel panic is the Mac OS X equivalent of the BSoD on Windows.

The eject key needs to be pressed for about one second to activate it. If you’re just tapping it like the other keys, it won’t work. There’s a delay built into it to prevent accidental ejection.

coolmel

was here
hey aayush..wanna talk to u..u der on yahoo?? wats ur id?? add me in..mines myg124. wana chat right away.

yep..kernel panic did happen...how does it happen?? any serious issue??

Last edited:
Top Bottom