The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

quad_master

Tired of being sorry!
*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Busine...pples_iPhone_in_India/articleshow/3016681.cms

have a look at this...any idea about possible launching date??? :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Sprint Spending $100 Million to Kick iPhone in the Nuts (iPhone Wearing Cup)

Oh my freakin' God! how the Hell can the marketing department of any company worth its salt come up with this crap! This is unbelievable.

And then people wonder why Apple's marketing is so good. Just look at iPhone ads and look at these. Ugh! I'm still reeling from the torture of having wasted a minute of my life watching that.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
wtf! yuck thoo:

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/05/more-iphone-3g-images.jpg

I got this from Engadget

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Hey, where are all the kids these days? Ashwin, Azeem, Dinesh, Milind, Preshit, Yash?

Giddy up, guys, we have WWDC '08 coming up in a month's time.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Yep WWDC '08, but you know what I guess its gonna be iPhone only this time around

I am starting to use Apple's default apps, I am now 100% Safari. I 've started useing Mail couple of days back, I configured it for my mac, yahoo and gmail accounts. I get this error message and I have no idea what it means. Here is the screenshot:

*img120.imageshack.us/img120/9597/picture1mn6.png

I have to mention here that my internet connection is working properly

QuickTip via quicklookplugins.com :

Quicklook is one of the finest gifts of Leopard. Now here is a quicktip to quicklook the Matroska files (.mkv)

Edit QuickTime Player.app’s /Contents/info.plist
Add the following code just before the last 2 tags </dict></plist> :

<key>UTExportedTypeDeclarations</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>UTTypeConformsTo</key>
<array>
<string>public.movie</string>
</array>
<key>UTTypeDescription</key>
<string>Matroska Video File</string>
<key>UTTypeIconName</key>
<string>generic</string>
<key>UTTypeIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.quicktime.mkv</string>
<key>UTTypeReferenceURL</key>
<string>*www.matroska.org/</string>
<key>UTTypeTagSpecification</key>
<dict>
<key>public.filename-extension</key>
<array>
<string>mkv</string>
</array>
</dict>
</dict>
</array>

In Terminal type touch /Applications/QuickTime\ Player.app

Query:

Aurora.jpg is the default Leopard Wallpaper, I think its is one of the best default wall papers of any OS

Anna.jpg , let us say this is my favorite Kournikova Wallpaper.

I have always wanted to use Aurora.jpg as my wallpaper but there is a rule that I've been following for years ' My desktop is always decorated with Anna Kournikova Wallpaper ' . I thought Photoshop might come handy in such a conflict, I used Photoshop to superimpose Aurora.jpg and Anna.jpg to get AnnaAurora.jpg which is shown below :
*img84.imageshack.us/img84/7517/annaaurora1nv2.jpg
The technique that I used is something that Photoshop gurus will laugh at, and I don't want to mention it but I'll give a similar example :
Say I have to write a C program to print numbers from 1 to 100
The technique that I used is .....
printf("1");
printf("2");
printf("99");
printf("100");
:-(

I have taken 40 mins to create AnnaAurora.jpg, and it is not perfect because the technique is not perfect. So I need help from you in using the best technique to get the perfect wallpaper

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
OK, sorry to be blunt, but that wallpaper sucks! :p

Use the Extract tool and you'll get better results.

However, since the image is so in contrast with the background, I doubt you'll end up with an extraction good enough to look decent on it. Do away with this idea. Use some different Anna Kournikova wallpaper instead, if you must. :)

----------------------------

OK, so here's an opinion poll. Should I go for .Mac? The only feature I'd be using is email. Is it wise to pay about Rs. 4,000 annually for ad-free, junk resistant, push IMAP email that works well with both my Mac and my iPhone and allows me to have a ‘@mac.com’ address?

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You don't get push email, but yeah, I see your point. And I know it's a waste of money, which is what has prevented me from opting for it thus far. I don't think I'm going to buy it but I just like the idea of having a .Mac account.

BTW, on a completely unrelated topic, I have to say I love the Apple earphones. Initially, they just wouldn't stay in my ear but now it's like they were made for each other. Not only do they stay on all day long, they do so without hurting at all. I only wish I could sleep with them on.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@aryayush
Thanks for your feedback, I expected 'The wallpaper sucks' line, however from goobi. Anyways once I get the superimposing things, I'll make sure the image gels with the background!!
Coming to .mac account, I guess its just a waste of money, however if I were you I'd definitely own a .mac account!!
I will have to completely disagree on the Apple earphones thing. I have used several of them for years and I can tell with great confidence, they don't deserve to be bundled with the iPods. Test you iPod with Bose earphone and you'll never touch your Apple earphones.
Also as the usage increases they tend to give that trembling effect at higher volumes and of course they are not comfortable to wear as well. Its thumbs down to Apple earphones from me. Its an honest feedback, having used them for years.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I know they're not supposed to have good quality sound and all, which is why I made no mention of that. The sound quality is good enough for me, but I also know that I know pretty much nothing about sound.

However, my ears have always had a certain animosity towards earphones and these are the first ones I've found that are comfortable to wear. That's the only reason why I like them.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the apple ear-phones lack bass (the ep 630 owns there) the ear-phones are painful (the only reason why i had to buy the ep 630) having said that, apple earphones do remain crystal clear at the highest volumes something the ep 630 hasn't been able to

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
the apple ear-phones lack bass (the ep 630 owns there) the ear-phones are painful having said that, apple earphones do remain crystal clear at the highest volumes something the ep 630 hasn't been able to

You got that exactly right. The Ep 630 are in-ear earphones and hence have excellent bass too. But they do tend to distort at high volumes.

The thing I dislike about the Apple earphones is that they tend to loose the rubber after 3-4 months.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
BTW, on a completely unrelated topic, I have to say I love the Apple earphones. Initially, they just wouldn't stay in my ear but now it's like they were made for each other. Not only do they stay on all day long, they do so without hurting at all. I only wish I could sleep with them on.

Here's why you like them: Placebo.

You got that exactly right. The Ep 630 are in-ear earphones and hence have excellent bass too. But they do tend to distort at high volumes.

The thing I dislike about the Apple earphones is that they tend to loose the rubber after 3-4 months.

High volumes? I never managed to get them to distort without causing my ear-drums physical pain. Distortion is hardly an issue. Funny that no-one seems to notice the bloated Bass, which completely overpower whatever trace of mids there are. Don't get me started on the harsh highs. And the muddiness.

BTW.... sorry to burst a couple of bubbles, but Bass and SQ are not Directly proportional. Example: EP-630.

Last edited:

Tanmay

Journeyman
The EP-630 was only a marginal improvement over the iPhone Earphones. There's not such a great difference. So I feel its not worth getting the EP-630, if your iPhone EarPhones are fine.

Better save money and get earphones from Shure.....EP-630 is not that good enough...

Top Bottom