The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, here are the statistics (I love to do this):

jamesbond007 - 078
yash - 131
DARK LORD - 165
drgrudge - 222
goobimama - 602
aryayush - 688

So I made a mistake. Big deal! :p

goobimama

 Macboy
Even if he does have the DVD, running it on a PC is against the EULA hence, illegal. Not to mention the troubles, performance issues and such that you get by running OS X on a PC...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Plus, you can't install it with that DVD.

I see Priyanth is reading the thread. Howdy, dude? We won't bite you if you post a reply or two every now and then, you know. :p

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I noticed that too. :(

You're spamming the forum. I'm thinking of starting a rally to get thousand posts struck off from your post count. You don't deserve it, you evil spammer! :p

In other news, I have an amazing collection of stickers for only Rs. 200. Limited period offer. Grab it. Hurry!

:lol:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Well, here are the statistics (I love to do this):

jamesbond007 - 078
yash - 131
DARK LORD - 165
drgrudge - 222
goobimama - 602
aryayush - 688

So I made a mistake. Big deal! :p

Oh man I am the last !!! Gotta hurry man I need atleast the 4th place !!!

aryayush said:
have an amazing collection of stickers for only Rs. 200. Limited period offer. Grab it. Hurry!
What stickers ?? Apple logos ???

yash

I draw every day
J And yash, of course, keeps popping in every now and then. :)
you had to put that in there didn't you?

Plus, you can't install it with that DVD.

I see Priyanth is reading the thread. Howdy, dude? We won't bite you if you post a reply or two every now and then, you know. :p

I just downloaded a dvd to install mac on 3rd party hardware. don't have a machine of my own to try it on tho. Lets see if I can borrow one of my roommate's... muhahaha!

getpriyanth

Broken In
Hey aayush,

this is what i like in u dude.... u catch as and pat to participate in the discussions.... to be frank enough i dont know what to post....

well but anyways i have something to tell.....

I am using white macbook... recently when i was using it i found a crack on my keyboard panel...... i was really shocked...... i visited a apple service center. Fortunately, as i was under warranty i was promised a replacement of the defect part.

i sighed with relief... did anyone face this problem????
View attachment 1480

apart from this i have another problem.....i seriously find that there is a problem with my MAIL application.... previously i was a outlook user... i thought MAIL would really be far superior than outlook... i configured MAIL using imap kind recently...... now however number of times i connect to internet mails are not getting downloaded completely... i mean they are available in the inbox... but i cant find anything in it....

getpriyanth

Broken In
no yash,

my mails are physically available and i can even find them on search.... but i am not able to see the content of most of the mails ....

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Have you ever used IMAP before? It basically synchronises your desktop client with the email server and downloads the headers. It does not download the whole email like POP3 does.

So sometimes, when an email has just arrived and you select it immediately, it takes a little while to synchronise with the server. If you have a slow Internet connection or if you disconnect your Internet connection immediately after downloading emails from an IMAP account, you might not be able to view them until the next time you connect.

If you don't use any other email clients to download email apart from Mail.app on your Mac, I would recommend that you use POP3 instead.

Please correct me if I am wrong, everyone. :)

As for that cracking issue, I told you that it won't be a problem at all. I was right, you see. :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Don't, dude. Never use cross-platform software unless absolutely necessary. :)

Here's a guide to the preference you should give to applications on Mac OS X (#1 being the best and so on...):

1. Paid, closed source, universal, native Cocoa applications exclusive to Mac OS X;
2. Free, closed source, universal, native Cocoa applications exclusive to Mac OS X;
3. Open source, universal, native Cocoa applications exclusive to Mac OS X;
4. Paid, closed source, Carbon applications exclusive to Mac OS X;
5. Free, closed source, Carbon applications exclusive to Mac OS X;
6. Open source, Carbon applications exclusive to Mac OS X;
7. Open source, cross platform applications; and

99. JAVA applications, free or paid. (Never ever use them.)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Don't, dude. Never use cross-platform software unless absolutely necessary. :)

Here's a guide to the preference you should give to applications on Mac OS X (#1 being the best and so on...):

1. Paid, closed source, universal, native Cocoa applications exclusive to Mac OS X;
2. Free, closed source, universal, native Cocoa applications exclusive to Mac OS X;
3. Open source, universal, native Cocoa applications exclusive to Mac OS X;
4. Paid, closed source, Carbon applications exclusive to Mac OS X;
5. Free, closed source, Carbon applications exclusive to Mac OS X;
6. Open source, Carbon applications exclusive to Mac OS X;
7. Open source, cross platform applications; and

99. JAVA applications, free or paid. (Never ever use them.)

In what twisted universe Paid is better then free :confused:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I think Aayush has to talk for himself!

I use:-
Firefox -- the best browser
VLC player -- dunno if quicktime is better, but I like VLC.
Azureus -- uTorrent is best but Azureus is better than Transmission.

I almost face no issues with any of the app I mentioned above.

goobimama

 Macboy
Well I guess in the realm of browsers, media players and torrent clients, there's not much to pay for anyway. It's not like you pay for Safari anyway (which I find to be better than FF, especially with that password fiasco).
Torrent clients: Um...well I can't stand Azureus. Transmission has yet to fail me (except with those ugly new buttons).
Media Player: Quicktime wins hands down for me. VLC has this annoying habit of taking control of the remote. So if VLC is in focus, then I can't say invoke front row or do anything else. Since Perian I've totally moved to Quicktime.

To name two of the prominent paid vs free:
Photoshop/adobe apps - Gimp/?
MS Office/iWork - Open Office

Though I would agree with you guys, sometimes the free ones are a little better than even the paid ones...

Top Bottom