The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

bazer

Broken In
Surplus Meter should work for you.

*www.skoobysoft.com/skooby/download.html#sourcecode

another utility. not sure about this one :

*osx.iusethis.com/app/istatmenus

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Surplus meter is good and serve the purpose but problem is it runs like an app and you need to keep it running and cannot make it run on the menu bar like istat menu.

Istat menus is really good.But doesnot serves the purpose because once you restart all your bw count is reset again :(.

^^^^ Thanks a lot for the software.Still looking.

Also I was just wondering if i can rearrange my menubar icons

Last edited:

bazer

Broken In
Just googled a bit and found a few more apps. I am guessing they are not what you are looking for. Here it goes anyway.

*mac.softpedia.com/get/Network-Admin/Coconut.shtml

*www.intrarts.com/throttled.html

Payware:

*www.actymac.com/DutyWatch/

I USE a site where one can post questions about Macintosh stuff. I am not sure if posting the link is allowed here or not.

EDIT : For re-arranging menu icons
*macsteps.com/blog/tips/how-to-rearrange-menu-bar-icons-in-mac-os-x/

Last edited:

the.kaushik

Just googled a bit and found a few more apps. I am guessing they are not what you are looking for. Here it goes anyway.

*mac.softpedia.com/get/Network-Admin/Coconut.shtml

*www.intrarts.com/throttled.html

Payware:

*www.actymac.com/DutyWatch/

I have a site where one can post questions about Macintosh stuff. I am not sure if posting the link is allowed here or not.

EDIT : For re-arranging menu icons
*macsteps.com/blog/tips/how-to-rearrange-menu-bar-icons-in-mac-os-x/

Some links are helpful though my bw issue is not solved.

@ur website. Sure if it is helpfull do post the link also you cab
Put the website link on your signature

bazer

Broken In
Just want to clarify. The site does not belong to me. It is a site I visit regularly.

Try starting a thread here
*www.dslreports.com/forum/macdsl

:) You may find help there.

ksundar

Broken In
Hi Guys,

Howz new MacBook & Pro?

Anyone bought in India? Is it available in Chennai? Any idea?

Apple India site says 56K for Macbook and 74K for Pro.

Why don't you share your views?

the.kaushik

Hi Guys,

Howz new MacBook & Pro?

Anyone bought in India? Is it available in Chennai? Any idea?

Apple India site says 56K for Macbook and 74K for Pro.

Why don't you share your views?

I have took it. Using it for 2 months now. Tell me what you want to know.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Why the hell is the MacBook Pro so expensive out there? 74k for a 1199$ (tax excluded) machine?

When you can get the new unibody MacBook at 56k (18k lesser than the Pro); I think that is the value. And it doesn't miss much from the Pro really. I guess people here aren't as much dependent on firewire as elsewhere.

If only I lived somewhere like U.S., I'd have macs all around me. :D

bazer

Broken In
AFAIK, Macs have a 10% share in US computer market which is OK but not great.

So, to say that "i'd have macs all around me" will be a stretch unless one was living in Hollywood or some rich neighborhood in the U.S.

Don't get me wrong. I am an Apple Fan Boy, but Macs will always remain a niche product NOT a mass consumer Computer Product.

Artemis

The Last Puff
Guys I have Crossover and Parallels on my mac, how do i go on playing CS:CZ NON STEAM on my mac 13" alum running SL? heard that CS sucks on parallels, also here people play the CZ non steam version and mostly all have the copy paste version of CS, any ideas hw to make it work?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Also have installed frozen throne and patched it to the latest version 1.24, it runs natively on my mac, but the problem is that some laptops(not the host) disconnect the wifi connctn cmpletly when i connect to their game, but not when i connect to their wifi ad-hoc, this happens to a slect few, XP doesnt seem to have a problm, only vista does
And i hav ntcd the same problm wid my frnds mac..

Last edited:

Artemis

The Last Puff
Also have installed frozen throne and patched it to the latest version 1.24, it runs natively on my mac, but the problem is that some laptops(not the host) disconnect the wifi connctn cmpletly when i connect to their game, but not when i connect to their wifi ad-hoc, this happens to a slect few, XP doesnt seem to have a problm, only vista does
And i hav ntcd the same problm wid my frnds mac..

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
bazer said:
AFAIK, Macs have a 10% share in US computer market which is OK but not great.

So, to say that "i'd have macs all around me" will be a stretch unless one was living in Hollywood or some rich neighborhood in the U.S.

Don't get me wrong. I am an Apple Fan Boy, but Macs will always remain a niche product NOT a mass consumer Computer Product.
Let me re-frame that to "I'd want to have Macs all around me." By which I want to imply that since stuff is cheaper out there and the used market is great, I'd indulge myself in buying a lot of Macs, used/new.

There are so many discontinued Macs that fantasize me. Like the Pismo Powerbook that dates back 10 years, yet holds its own. The eMac is another value for money awesome machine. There's the clamshell iBook (aka the toilet seat).. I could just go on and on.

ADDED: The market share is 12% I guess. But yeah, you'll be encountering Macs now and then. In movies, you see Macs a lot (but yeah, the incidence is extrapolated) owing to its portrayal of class and you-know-what.

Last edited:

the.kaushik

Guys please share good games for Mac. Paid and Free both (Pref Racing). Its bullish to log in to vista every time just to play games. Also looks like am addicted to mac now and no more like to even see the windows interface on my MBP :) .

the.kaushik

:D i saw that.. just thought some one will give some reviews if they are playing something :)
Posted again:
Also no racing game :(

Last edited:

the.kaushik

Guys yesterday while surfing through pirate bays i found something interesting. I got NFS most wanted for Mac torrent . 2.5GB files. I downloaded it and played and it was same as the windows version except that it didnt supported my logitech game pad and the game doesnot supports wide screen. Now EA has never released a Mac version of NFS. Then from where HELL this game came :?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
BUMP!!!!!!

Mac mini - 4GB DDR3 1066Mhz, Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Ghz 3MB L2 cache, 320GB Hard Disk, nVidia 9400m GT graphics.

Suggest me a good IRC client for it. I'm using Colloquy but I'm not liking it much.

bazer

Broken In
What does it say about Apple India when the sole thread dedicated on this forum to apple has not had a posting in 2 months! :p

Anyway, what do you think the iPad entry level model is going to cost here? 30K plus right?

That's a lot of moolah for a media browsing device. #fail

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
What does it say about Apple India when the sole thread dedicated on this forum to apple has not had a posting in 2 months!
Actually, the old QnA section was made Read Only. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom