The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

Artemis

The Last Puff
I saved some triggers in quicksilver for itunes, for search artists and ratings and some others, used the control+option+command keys+the number keys, but they dont seem to work...itunes plug-in is installed and activated and also the triggers are activated...any help..changing the key combination also doesnt help..

Also if i save documents in textapp, there is no other option to save directly to the location of my choice, they r predefined, any way around this?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
I saved some triggers in quicksilver for itunes, for search artists and ratings and some others, used the control+option+command keys+the number keys, but they dont seem to work...itunes plug-in is installed and activated and also the triggers are activated...any help..changing the key combination also doesnt help..

Also if i save documents in textapp, there is no other option to save directly to the location of my choice, they r predefined, any way around this?

Last edited:

legolas

Padawan
Hi,

I am having trouble with syncing Nokia 6280. I have Macbook pro 13'' (the latest model) with Snow Leopard. iSync version is also latest, 3.1 I guess.
I checked in Apple discussion forums, no solutions posted. When I connect via bluetooth, i could browse the files and stuff, but I couldn't sync my contacts... it asks me to add the device and when I did, it just quits *unexpectedly*.

I tried various other solutions I found find from google searches including the ones listed for Noka 6300 and Nokia 6230i ( they are similar it seems...)

Does anyone face a similar problem??
Posted again:
Hi,

I am having trouble with syncing Nokia 6280. I have Macbook pro 13'' (the latest model) with Snow Leopard. iSync version is also latest, 3.1 I guess.
I checked in Apple discussion forums, no solutions posted. When I connect via bluetooth, i could browse the files and stuff, but I couldn't sync my contacts... it asks me to add the device and when I did, it just quits *unexpectedly*.

I tried various other solutions I found find from google searches including the ones listed for Noka 6300 and Nokia 6230i ( they are similar it seems...)

Does anyone face a similar problem??

Last edited:

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Guys are you using any malware or spyware or antivirus softwares on your mac? Is it required? I like the free life and dont want to use but just asking if i am missing something.

Artemis

The Last Puff
My mac runs as hot as 75 deg even when the cpu usage is around 30%(istat), and whike running games it goes around 80-85 deg is this normal?? mines an aluminum model

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
wow this whole thread changed! Where's Ayush or Goobi? Are they like gone?
Anyway, I just bought a external HD and started using it with Time Machine. It is a My Book Home Edition 1TB. I wanted to change my settings so it backs up once a day, not once a hour. Is that possible?
Posted again:
@Artemis:
Some must have software for mac:
1. Transmission
2. iWork 09, especially Keynote
3. Candybar for modding the system themes
4. smcFanControl, totally awesome app to control system fan
5. Tweetdeck
6. Perian, you can't live without it
7. Handbrake
8. Skype
9. Audacity
10. Aperture, although iPhoto does fine
11. VMWare Fusion if you need it
12. Growl

I would not say 70deg is normal when only there is 30% Cpu usage. I am using around 40% and my temperature is 60C

Last edited:

legolas

Padawan
Have you tried Nokia support? They release a plugin for iSync that's supposed to work with their phones. I don't know if it works for the 6280, though.

I have checked in Nokia forums, Apple forums and posted in Apple and nokia forums. Seems iSync 3.2 and Nokia 6280 have a match made in hell. I will wait for the current developer release which is due to be released after testing in a short time to see if it fixes this issue.

the.kaushik

wow this whole thread changed! Where's Ayush or Goobi? Are they like gone?
Anyway, I just bought a external HD and started using it with Time Machine. It is a My Book Home Edition 1TB. I wanted to change my settings so it backs up once a day, not once a hour. Is that possible?
Posted again:
@Artemis:
Some must have software for mac:
1. Transmission
2. iWork 09, especially Keynote
3. Candybar for modding the system themes
4. smcFanControl, totally awesome app to control system fan
5. Tweetdeck
6. Perian, you can't live without it
7. Handbrake
8. Skype
9. Audacity
10. Aperture, although iPhoto does fine
11. VMWare Fusion if you need it
12. Growl

Nice list. its helpful. Some more apps would be cool

Last edited:

bazer

Broken In
Hi,

Can anyone tell me a place in New Delhi where I can upgrade the hard disk of my Mac Mini?

Any idea how much it would cost to upgrade from 80 GB to atleast 120 GB?
Posted again:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me a place in New Delhi where I can upgrade the hard disk of my Mac Mini?

Any idea how much it would cost to upgrade from 80 GB to atleast 120 GB?

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
You gotta do that on your own sonny. Just pop the hood and plonk a new one in. iFixit.com should do the trick. In the meantime, chew on some carrots will ya.

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ You have to buy official HDD which will cost $$. Unless you're good with the Apple Store guys in which case they'll do it for free. Trust me, do it at home. It's easy.

bazer

Broken In
I found a couple of HDD on ebay, Any idea if they will be compatible on my 2 year-old Mac mini?

WILL 7200 RPM WORK ON MY MAC MINI or will it cause problems like overheating and stuff?

7200 rpm 320 GB

*cgi.ebay.in/Seagate-320GB-SATA-Lap...tDomain_203?hash=item5883e3e414#ht_4058wt_851

5400 RPM 160 GB

*cgi.ebay.in/Seagate-160-GB-SATA-La...Domain_203?hash=item5ad421a829#ht_3283wt_1167

Artemis

The Last Puff
I saved some triggers in quicksilver for itunes, for search artists and ratings and some others, used the control+option+command keys+the number keys, but they dont seem to work...itunes plug-in is installed and activated and also the triggers are activated...any help..changing the key combination also doesnt help.. Changing triggers doesnt help either, plz help, using the Quicksilver for the SL

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
brand new iMacs and Macbooks!!!
iMacs with 21.5 or 27 inch screens, magic mouse, SD card slot and quad core on the high end.
Macbooks now "unibody" and has glass multi touch trackpad, LED backlit display and 7 hour battery.
Posted again:
iMacs with 21.5 or 27 inch screens, magic mouse, SD card slot and quad core on the high end.
Macbooks now "unibody" and has glass multi touch trackpad, LED backlit display and 7 hour battery.

Last edited:

the.kaushik

Posted again:

Ya man.. i just took a macbook pro and its difference with this is only aluminium.. :( Am jealous :D

legolas

Padawan
@aryayush,

I just came to know about *plex*. Its awesome. However, I would like to know if it could play subtitles ( .srt, .sub) etc... if found ?? or could it download those info too??
I currently use isubtitles if I watch with itunes, otherwise directly with VLC.
thank you.

the.kaushik

need help! Guys i need a software to monitor my total monthly internet data used for snow leopard. any clue. I download menu meters but it wont give me sum of total bw. Any other software pls. Pro edition will also do as am ready to pay for it. I really need and very urgently

Top Bottom