The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Guys please let me know some light weight html editor for Mac. I dont want to open eclipse each time just for small changes. I need something like editplus or notepad++

If you're looking mainly for an HTML editor, try Smultron (*smultron.sourceforge.net/)—it's not being developed any more, but it's great as it is.

There's also Komodo Edit (useful if you're working with multiple languages) and TextWrangler.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Thanks FatBeing. Komodo Edit is exactly what i wanted. CSS JS and html it supports all. And it has a nice syntax check .
Thanks again

@IronManForever: Thanks. I will give a try

the.kaushik

^ No. 10.5.8 rolling. :p

Snow Leopard will be a late one for me.

guys today i went to reliance istore nearby and the guy over there told to download it from torrent and use. it will activate itself. I am still waiting for my dvd to arrive. the download file is around 6GB

the.kaushik

^ Generous store guy. "Torrent and install, it will activate itself." :p

And we call them professionals. But who's to blame?
Thats true. but the point is he was just trying to help me. Let me tel you what actually happens if you buy a new mbp now and if you are eligible for a free snow leopard.
1) Go to apple.com and register for free snow leopard
2) Pay 500Rs for postage charge for the dvd.
3) Send a postal mail to them again to us address and the process should take around 1month

and end of the day you just get an update dvd.

So he told if you dont want to do that just take the softcopy from him or download from torrent. this week i will get the softcopy and give a try. Mean time i will order the online copy :p

the.kaushik

Guys i have a samsung Flat CRT Tv. It has those red,yellow input points where my Dish tv connects. Is it possible to connect to my MBP laptop?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Finally, my Mac setup is complete. Whew, what a relief! Check this out, guys:

*www.flickr.com/photos/aryayush/3923601146

Roll over the image to see the names of the various components. And let me know what you think.

the.kaushik

dude that's awesome!by the way did you kept your MBP on some stand or something?

You dint named your chair :p Its also looking good :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you. The chair doesn’t have a name and I couldn’t be bothered to invent one.

Yes, I’m using the Rain Design’s mStand. I’ll put in a note for that as well. Thanks for reminding me.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Guys i have a samsung Flat CRT Tv. It has those red,yellow input points where my Dish tv connects. Is it possible to connect to my MBP laptop?
Possible. But what purpose will it serve? You're better off not buying adapters for that, and suffering the low-res pain later.

@aryaayush
Commented.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ If its an SDTV, I'd suggest you to not buy an adapter which would probably cost around 3k for the setup, and I dont really think you'd use it for that long. With the price of HD screens falling like anything, I think it wont be long before you invest in one.

You could try Mini-DP -> VGA -> Composite . Thats probably the only way. Though with 2 adapters like that, I think there'll be more chances that it wont work.
----

Uh.. Monoprice sells cheap Mini-DP -> VGA adapters, ~10$ unlike 29$ for the Apple ones. You could get that and try sourcing a VGA -> Composite adapter from somewhere.

the.kaushik

^^ Thanks, So i need to buy a Mini DP and VGA adopter ?

Here is a shot of my TV ports.
*img121.imageshack.us/img121/9687/dsc00702.th.jpg

Top Bottom