The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
^^^I learned about that defect in an article on TUAW couple of months back but for some reason I ignored it even though I had the defect at the time of reading that article. Recently Milind tweeted that MacBook users won't complain about this defect, it is then I took it seriously. Confirmed with Milind and called the support guy, sent him the pics. The guys said it will be covered only under warranty.

Covered even on notebooks out of warranty is news for me. Such thing should be posted here so that other would benefit.

A few pics of my MacBook here:

*img106.imageshack.us/img106/8292/21042009015.th.jpg

*img106.imageshack.us/img106/420/21042009021.th.jpg

*img520.imageshack.us/img520/923/21042009022.th.jpg

*img150.imageshack.us/img150/2003/21042009023.th.jpg

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ Hmm. I miss backlit keyboard in my MacBook. Otherwise its just awesome.

@Azeem. WhiteBook is 'notorious' for cracking after long usage. My cousin's WhiteBook cracked too, and he got it repaired despite being out of warranty in UK.
Its good thats its covered, it ought to. :)
------------

This is a surprise for me. I never needed it until yesterday. In fact, it was not me but my room-mate. He wanted to format his Thumb Drive, but said that he didnt find the option. I too was amazed. I should at least be able to format it to HFS, though I am sure Apple has rights to FAT32..

So how do I format a USB connected Thumb Drive?

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
^^^Why not just just select all the items on you thumb drive and Cmd + delete them and then Empty Trash. Thats what I do all the time, who care what filesystem is on thumb drives.

mike5623

Banned
AtxElectronics

Discount Electronics Store, Cheap Security Systems, Spy Gadgets, Cell Phones, Digital Cameras, Video Cameras and Checp Security Equipment + Free Shipping.
*AtxElectronics.com

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^^Why not just just select all the items on you thumb drive and Cmd + delete them and then Empty Trash. Thats what I do all the time, who care what filesystem is on thumb drives.
I know that!

My friend's thumb-drive got corrupt and only a re-format can set things right. Actually I've wanted to do that myself with one of my memory cards. Now?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
That's all the choices you got? :shock:

Wish you were on Windows. Try emulating TMPGEnc 4 express, see if that works on a Mac via crossover

Thanks but I'd prefer the latest version of (discontinued) VisualHub over that pieca crap.

And these are not the only options I have. I just don't know the right software.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@IronManForever, @Sunny1211993

C'mn guys don't tell me that you didn't know QuickTime Pro could convert video before that article on SA!!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I know that!

My friend's thumb-drive got corrupt and only a re-format can set things right. Actually I've wanted to do that myself with one of my memory cards. Now?

Dont you have GParted ?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Now don't tell me that you've fallen for her!! No chance, I am in queue for 6 years now ;-)
Your way is clear :p

I have fallen for only one lady, but she is not Anna.

Last edited:
Top Bottom