The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

pickster

Professional Layabout.
@ichi
gaming. i only play games in windows. that's the only reason its there.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
You see you'd love to run home
But you know you ain't got one
And you're livin' in a world
That you're best forgotten around here

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::roll:

lol. yeah Goo Goo Dolls.
But Iris remains my favorite. :)

Last edited:

yash

I draw every day
@jamesbond007
btw, what temp are you guys running on your macbooks?
i'm running around 55 - 60 C with just iTunes, Firefox.
that normal?
according to istat pro: CPU A 57 degrees. Mem Bank A1 60

I say having things running at 55 is a blessing.

My cpu temp goes up to 70 degrees as I'm doing some heavy duty work. and would be at 70 all the time when i had google desktop installed.

GOOGLE DESKTOP IS THE DEVIL!

Yes you are. Mostly all Mac users are concerned about temperatures on their Macs. I was also concerned about my iMac but gave it up later. Macs are supposed to run at higher temperatures and won't melt if the temperature rises by a degree or two:D So,don't worry and enjoy the Mac experience!

pickster

Professional Layabout.
aahhh..
please pardon me for being ignorant.
i was just that 60 C idling seems a tad too high.
but whatever rocks the macbook's boat.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
OMG I just realized that I am the most prettiest looking person on this Forum!!....... what the hell, in the whole world, just look at my Avtaar :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Double posts happens here because this thread ( or may be the entire forum ) loads very very late and one is not sure if the content is posted or not and one tends to refresh it.
This thread takes ages to load and tends to piss me off. Something should be done by the mods.
-----------

Bingo!! happens again. After writing the above post I clicked submit reply button and this is what I get

{image}

Take this Mods, Double posts are not our fault, you need to check this thread/forum. something is messy here
Well, what can the mods do about it? It’s the fault of whoever came up with the idea of one giant frickin’ thread for covering all the discussions about one of the most discussed companies on the planet right now. Eight thousand three hundred and seventy-two posts! Are you frickin’ kidding me?
Posted again:
You know, if there was a way to subscribe to an RSS feed for just the posts within this thread, I would be a lot more active out here. I’m surprised no such option exists even in the year 2009.

Last edited:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
aryayush said:
Well, what can the mods do about it? It’s the fault of whoever came up with the idea of one giant frickin’ thread for covering all the discussions about one of the most discussed companies on the planet right now. Eight thousand three hundred and seventy-two posts! Are you frickin’ kidding me?
Well, you could attribute some of it to switchers like us. Its never bad to give a bit of credit, you know.

;)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
*img230.imageshack.us/img230/6165/s5030150.jpg

See that thin strip cracked on the edge when I rest my right hand wrist, its covered in the Warranty too :) Apple support guy says he'll replace that in 3 days. Can't decide when to take my MacBook!!

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
ichi said:
Is that Britney's sis in your avatar ?

Britney's sis ?? Go drown yourself in a well man, she is Anna Kournikova!!

pickster said:
how old is that whitebook?

Nearly two years old, I have AppleCare Protection Plan that will cover it under warranty till September 2010 :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
BTW, that is a known defect in previous generation MacBooks and is covered by Apple even on notebooks out of warranty.

Top Bottom