The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

amitava82

MMO Addict
Yes export has the option but it should have been in edit itself. Now I have to export all the resized image and import back.. twice the work!

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@pickster
Preview is a fantastic piece of a software that comes bundled with Leopard. Its does everything you need and much more, read a nice article about Preview on SA.

When you drag and drop a folder on a same drive, the folder doesn't get copied it gets moved however if you want to copy you'll need to press and hold Option key while dragging and droping.

When you drag and drop a folder from one drive to another drive it get copied on to that drive.

@pickster,You've really messed up your MacBook. Any Mac user worth his salt would stick to Mac OS X.
Vista might still have been okay but installing a beta OS on a MacBook sucks. I suggest you remove it.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ My point exactly. When one buys a Mac, he/she is expected to rather use it. For Windows, any Dell or HP should be good enough.

You might use Windows for games, but for everything else, Mac OS should be preferred.

Mac users generally resort to consoles for their Gaming requirements. I was interested in XBox 360 for a while, but then I realised that I seldom play games, for which even my old Windows Box is enough. :D

Thinking of getting a MacBook instead of a new gaming rig as I've given up on PC gaming these days and I already have a gaming PC and console.
So tell me which is the best VFM MacBook?
My needs are:
1.Internet
2.Movies and Music
3.Playing games on it when not at home:D I guess most of the games work with 9400M. Basically I'll be playing Urban terror and some oldies which are pretty light on graphics.

Thought of buying this coz Dad shifted my iMac to office. So, what's the price of the unibody Macbooks?

IronManForever

^ Well, for your needs a White MacBook with memory pumped upto 4GB (if required) should be enough. Thats really VFM, and has been updated with Unibody MacBook specs. If you do not care about the unobody, the trackpad and the thinner screen, there's no need for an extra 300$ expense.

OR, you may get the baseline UniBody one. The higher end Unibody is not VFM afaik.

IronManForever

^ Why not buy the MacBook Pro then? The high-end MacBook makes little sense, to me atleast.
- Get a MacBook Pro. Its not like you buy that everyday. And for long term investment, MBP should be better.
- If you do plan to get the top MacBook model, pump the RAM up. You should get all that for *95k.

pickster

Professional Layabout.
@Sunny
messed up my macbook?
i wouldn't think so.
I installed Windows 7 cuz i wanted to do a little gaming on the side.

why would you presume that i have stopped using OS X only cuz i installed windows?

If you use 7, you'll realise how much better it is compared to Vista. Even though its still a beta. And i had gotten sick of Vista.
The only negative aspect of it is its eventual expiration. But I don't care about that. I upgrade when it comes out.

@IronManForever
I still use OS X for all the work I have to do except gaming.
If I could buy an XBox or PS, then I would have. But I cannot.
And if i'm able to play a few games on my macbook, i dont see any harm in that.

----------------

BTW, any idea if i can request Apple for iLife 09 cuz i only got 08?

^^
Been using Windows 7 for months on my PC:D

@Ironman,dude I'm getting the top MacBook model for 90k here:D What'sthe price of the basic MacBook Pro?

IronManForever

Uh. Im not sure, but its not that low *90k. Still, If you can afgord, that's a better deal.
Try the Indian App store - should be somewhat lower than that.
@pickster.. No problems dude.

Ordered my Macbook 2.4 Ghz. Should have it by evening or probably tomorrow morning.
Never used a lappy for more than 10-15 minutes. So it'll be n new experience for me.
Excited!! :D

IronManForever

^ Thats quick. Congo! Enjoy the experience!

I used my Dad's Laptop quite frequently earler. I felt too limited and clumsy. I was not so keen in buying a laptop myself. But later I decided that whatever happens, I need a portable computer. When I got my MacBook, first few days I was puzzled. But now, I am much more comfortable at it than my Windows Box which I have used for long.

^^
Cost me 95k. :D

My iMac also got me puzzled but just for a couple of hours. Mac OS X is cakewalk.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
BTW which MacBook do you have? 2.0Ghz?

Last edited:

pickster

Professional Layabout.
okay.. this is the third time i'm asking...
should i call apple and demand a free upgrade cuz i got only iLife 08 instead of 09?
and it has been only a few days since i got my macbook.

@Sunny
i hope you already have a case or ordered one for your macbook
cuz i fret over mine whenever i use it.. make it a point not to touch the screen lest should i mar it with my fingerprints or to get any kinda scratches on it.
its just so goddamn sexy that i dont wanna ruin it.. not even its underside. :D
-i know i'm obsessed with it. lol-

Last edited:

yash

I draw every day
Another thing is that i did not get iLife 09. I got 08. :( Is there a way that i can upgrade without paying anything extra?

I did hear about the apple upgrade plan whereby you'd have to pay $10 for the ilife 09 upgrade if you bought your mac within a certain number of days of the ilife 09 launch. Aayush got his copy of ilife 09 that way.

IronManForever

Sunny said:
BTW which MacBook do you have? 2.0Ghz?
What else could a poor bloke have? :D

pickster said:
should i call apple and demand a free upgrade cuz i got only iLife 08 instead of 09?
I'm afraid. The last day was March 28 or so for the free upgrade. When did you buy the MacBook. You should have got iLife 09 installed if it was recently.
Posted again:
@Sunny Err.. 95k? Thats like 5k more from what you get here. You got the RAM upgraded too?

Last edited:
Got my MacBook today. It's simpy awesome and not to mention about the trackpad. Will upgrade RAM later.
@Pickster,yet to get a case for my MacBook. Ask the Apple guys for iLife 09. I got ilife 09 only.
@Ironman,Yeah man a bit too expensive but what's done is done.

Where are the other Macboys? Preshit,Milind??
Talked to Aayush today, he's busy with programming and writing articles. He won't be very active on forums now. But what about others?

Last edited:

IronManForever

got it on 25th. it sucks if i'll have to pay for it...
Haggle them to the limits man! Its not USA, so things might work even after deadlines.. Its late tho, be quick!
Posted again:
I think its time Apple started bundling iLife as well as iWork by default with Macs. Out of the box, up and running! A small price increase could be justified. You still have to pay a small amount if you want iWork bundled..

Last edited:
Top Bottom