The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
first post said:
Last edited by aryayush; Today at 07:29 PM. Reason: Fixed goobi’s mess.
:D

Btw, Multi-touch boys, check out JawBreaker (free game). Really addictive. Btw, my top score is 680 points, but hey, who's counting!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Other addictive games: Chopper and Enigmo.

Okay looks like time to create an Orkut account for Mac Lovers. Could you just link me to the exact url of the community, I think I'll create orkut account right away, not with my name but with something like KournikovaBug
I’m not on orkut anymore so I can’t get you the URL. Just make an account on orkut and search for “mac lovers”.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! Good point. :D

--------------------------

Jobs fesses up to it and vows to clean up their “MobileMess”
Posted on Aug. 5, ’08, 9:26 AM PT by Aayush Arya

Over at Ars Technica, Jacqui Cheng seems to have been tipped about an internal email that Steve Jobs sent out to employees at Apple. According to Jobs, the MobileMe launch and the service in its present state is “not up to Apple’s standards”. Recognizing the requirement for a change in management, Eddy Cue has now been appointed as the head honcho of all Internet-related services at Apple, including iTunes, the App Store and MobileMe, and reports directly to Jobs.

Jobs also suggests various ways in which the launch could have been prevented from being such a disaster. He reckons that it shouldn’t have been simultaneously launched along with iPhone 3G, the 2.0 firmware and the App Store. They could also have launched the features one-by-one instead of trying to pull off the massive launch at one go. Read more…

[Via MacUser]

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Anyone here a fan of Warcraft III? We were thinking of having some multiplayer action.

Nice writeup @aayush (taking queues from twitter). Good to see Jobs is getting on top of things. Although I've stopped visiting MacUser, I shall start visiting again now that you've got your mac back. Do post them here as well so we know.

(And for the record, Smoking Chimpanzee I shall be!)

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Scott McNulty, the head blogger of TUAW, has left them and joined MacUser. You’ll see posts from him appear on the blog shortly.

goobimama

 Macboy
The bigger the chain, the more points you get. So while if you pop 2 balls, you get two points, but if you pop 3 balls, you get 6 points. The numbers just keep going up.

Beat my high score and win yourself a round of applause from Goobi and his band mates.

*img.skitch.com/20080805-k4u8nhffgtgbjx5jmq754n415b.jpg

---------------
Here's a little enhancement that was slipped into I presume the 10.5.4 update.

*img.skitch.com/20080805-k8tr9x7hnk39kp34tdnpxqu6mi.jpg
Spaces' + button now lists your commonly used applications.

----------
Today I found iDisk uploading at a steady 50kBps. The web upload too has also been enhanced a bit, with a new prompt for Stop and continue. I guess they are slowly adding it all up. (still waiting for the share feature).

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
They still don’t support ‘.ME’ domains and the chat support is never available. Sigh. :(

The bigger the chain, the more points you get. So while if you pop 2 balls, you get two points, but if you pop 3 balls, you get 6 points. The numbers just keep going up.

Beat my high score and win yourself a round of applause from Goobi and his band mates.

*img.skitch.com/20080805-k4u8nhffgtgbjx5jmq754n415b.jpg
But how do you make the chain bigger? You cannot move the balls around, if I’m not wrong.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
^^^ Oh yeah the famous Spam King has returned !! ;-)

I thought you are on the Orkut Community, if you are not in, me not in too. Deleting the orkut account created yesterday...

goobimama

 Macboy
They still don’t support ‘.ME’ domains and the chat support is never available. Sigh. :(

But how do you make the chain bigger? You cannot move the balls around, if I’m not wrong.
No wonder you got a mac. You suck at gaming!

Anyway, that's the whole point of the game. So you knock down the small timers below and somehow arrange for a long line of a single colour so you get those 500 points at one time. Really addictive, trust me.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
My contacts are not being synced properly.Is there some issue like this with mobileme?
1. Turn Contacts synchronisation off;
2. Reboot your iPhone;
3. Make sure you’re connected to your Wi-Fi network;
4. Turn it back on;
5. Open the standalone Contacts app;
6. Ensure that the network activity indicator is doing its thing next to the Wi-Fi status indicator; (If it isn’t, quit and relaunch Contacts.)
7. Leave Contacts launched, make sure that Auto-lock is set to Never and don’t put your iPhone to sleep; and
8. Once the network activity indicator disappears, quit and relaunch Contacts (through the Phone or the standalone app) and all your contacts will be there (assuming they’re available from the MobileMe web interface).

That’s basically what worked for me when I deleted the MobileMe account on my iPhone once because it stopped sending any email. Basically, you need to turn contacts synchronisation off and then back on and then leave it alone for a while to sync over Wi-Fi.

BTW, this is also something you could easily have figured out yourself if only you’d tried.

Top Bottom