The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

Macdrive cannot read encrypted DMGs.

yash

I draw every day

hey guys, sup? user of core 2 duo 2.17 ghz 15 inch mbp here. I didn't bother reading through first 26 pages of this thread, so I don't know where the conversation's at, but who can't wait to get their hands on leopard?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

4 people in line , excludes me.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

I can't wait. I am stuck on 19% (which means goobimama is automatically stuck as well). :mad:

Gawd! I need the new Finder and Time Machine. Also, Delicious Library is going to have an awesome, core animation powered Leopard only interface in the next version. Can't wait. :D

Hey, does your MBP run a bit too hot?

yash

I draw every day

what do u mean by 'bit too hot'? I can usually use it on my lap. the case temperature (enclosure bottom) hardly touches 40 or goes above it. and if I am wearing shorts, (or in any other cases when it might be resting directly on skin) , i use a utility called coolbook to 'underclock' the cpu, It reduces the voltage and clock speed of the processor to keep it cooler even though the fans are at lowest speeds. also, try smcfan control to bump up the minimum fan speed of ur laptop to have it cool faster. also note that unline u, I am using bottom of the line 15 inch macbook pro.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Ah well, I've tried smcFanControl but found a better alternative, Fan Control. It installs as a preference pane and automatically increases/decreases the fan speeds based on the temperature. :)

Do you read Fake Steve?

yash

I draw every day

yeah, sometimes.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Did you know he's been busted? He's a columnist for Forbes magazine, Daniel Lyons.

I guess he won't be quite so blunt now.

Last edited:

yash

I draw every day

yeah, i just found out... lol

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

*gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/08/nexgen-imac-mockup.jpg

I hope they come up with some radical new design, but this is not too bad either. :drool:

(For the uninitiated, Apple has called a press conference today that is supposed to be "about Mac products only".)

Engaged will cover it live here.

Event starts at 10:30 PM IST.

Steve, you better not disappoint us; I'm already so sad about Fake Steve's going bust.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

^^^^^ you can just imagine how pathetic iphone & Leoaprd were when a Macboy says "its less then perfect" :D

New Macs, nah don't think so...my best bet is a tablet Mac, like tablet PCs released 4 years ago, just twice the cost & running Mac OS without any USB port, something like this.

*www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyimages/994.jpg

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

The Jobsmeister is strictly against tablet Macs, so they are not going to be a reality any time soon. But then again, he was also against multi-button mouse. You never know.

New Macs are a given. If not the iMac, then it will be some other Mac. But I am almost sure it is going to be new iMacs. I hope they also have some interesting announcements about Leopard and .Mac. This is gonna be exciting! :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

rumor has it that the 'new mac keyboards' have already started shipping

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

The Jobsmeister is strictly against tablet Macs, so they are not going to be a reality any time soon. But then again, he was also against multi-button mouse. You never know.

New Macs are a given. If not the iMac, then it will be some other Mac. But I am almost sure it is going to be new iMacs. I hope they also have some interesting announcements about Leopard and .Mac. This is gonna be exciting! :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

aryayush said:
The Jobsmeister is strictly against tablet Macs, so they are not going to be a reality any time soon.
Multi-touch Tablet Mac with 10" LCD which costs a bomb....oh wait, just another add on to Apple's expensive line of Mac :D

New Macs are a given. If not the iMac, then it will be some other Mac. But I am almost sure it is going to be new iMacs.
Source plz

I hope they also have some interesting announcements about Leopard and .Mac. This is gonna be exciting! :D
Add some features to Leopard like ZFS & Cut option. Free .mac

Taken from here

Lolz....how many things will Apple copy & still say they invented it. They ripped Vista's breadcrumb bar straight, however good they added what MS missed. Drag & srop to those small 16X16 icons of pathbar :D

Time machine is slow. Obviously, it is backing up & journling

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

gx_saurav said:
how many things will Apple copy & still say they invented it. T[/b]hey ripped Vista's breadcrumb bar straight[/b]
Yes, they did. Lifted it from here and dropped it there.

Difference is, they improved it, unlike Microsoft which took good features like the Dashboard and ruined them.

And I can guarantee you they are not going to claim that they invented it.

gx_saurav said:
Source plz
Why do I need a source to hope for something? To expect something to happen?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

aryayush said:
Yes, they did. Lifted it from here and dropped it there. Difference is, they improved it
:D You were the one hating Visa's tree view nevigation saying the icons are so small, 16X16....but when Apple did it in Pathbar, all hail Apple :D. It still doesn't shows the current address of where u r in pathbar when u click on the bar

Eye opener for you arya, Vista's address bar lets u copy the apth u r at right now

Mac OS X's pathbar can' do this & it won't show u the address of where u r right now so that later on u can copy & paste this address somewhere if required like terminal
Hey, if address bar is not required then why is apple givign it ? :p

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..

I just hope the new machines are not white, some colour options will be a better thing on side of apple.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

gx_saurav said:
:D You were the one hating Visa's tree view nevigation saying the icons are so small, 16X16....but when Apple did it in Pathbar, all hail Apple :D.
That's because spring loaded folders are still there. And the target zones of the icons in Leopard's path bar are still significantly larger than Vista's tiny icons in the tree view.

All said and done, I do accept that they lifted this feature straight off Windows and applied a bit of the Apple polish to it. You may gloat if you wish to; the opportunities are rare anyway. I won't spoil it for you.

To Mac users, there is this nifty little utility I found that lets you export your Address Book entries to your Gmail contacts. It is called Address Book to CSV Exporter.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

:lol: arya at 1 time u say its useless and a little later oh its so cool they have it :lol: my 11yr old bro is same :lol: (punn intended)

Top Bottom