The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
5 Cool Things to do with iTunes Store for Free

That was the original article I planned (asked goobi's help with Front Row) but goobi unexpectedly wrote a full guide on managing media in Front Row. :D

goobimama

 Macboy
Just so the boys know, Toast Titanium 9 for mac has been released. Actually it's going to be out later this month, but my friend who breaks stonesoffered to give me a preview copy. You could get yourself one if you ask nicely :)

Last edited:

yash

I draw every day
Milind, can I get one please?
need convincing? I'm the most bug-prone person on the planet and would be perfect to test any new software. just because I'd find all the bugs. LOL.

ok, back to my problem. I did a spotlight search for school of rock and I know I have that album on my external drive, but it won't show me the folder in results. it will show all the songs inside the folder.

the folder is located in itunes music>compilations. can post a screenshot if anyone needs. but I didn't think I'd make a big difference.

goobimama

 Macboy
Maybe folders is not enabled in your spotlight preferences? Or maybe you did this spotlight search in an "Open" dialog box?

<scratches non existant beard> Since when did iTunes start accepting PDFs? It doesn't however show the front page of the PDF, or any other form of organising. Would have been kickass if it did </stops scratching>

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Just so the boys know, Toast Titanium 9 for mac has been released. Actually it's going to be out later this month, but my friend who breaks stonesoffered to give me a preview copy. You could get yourself one if you ask nicely :)
Who cares for disk burning! I haven't burnt a single disk in ages.

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ LOL! I totally forgot about me not burning DVDs anymore! And here I was, wanting to upgrade to the latest when I have no need to do so. Thanks for knocking a little sense in my head.

yash

I draw every day
ok, since the last post on this thread, I have run into another error message... *img166.imageshack.us/img166/979/picture2ry1.png

Maybe folders is not enabled in your spotlight preferences? Or maybe you did this spotlight search in an "Open" dialog box?

<scratches non existant beard> Since when did iTunes start accepting PDFs? It doesn't however show the front page of the PDF, or any other form of organising. Would have been kickass if it did </stops scratching>

itunes took pdfs for a pretty long time. i remember it had that when i was in india.

and no, folders are enabled, i can see other folders in the search results.

and open dialog box or no, either ways its the same result.

Last edited:

yash

I draw every day
noooo... don't say that! update on that situation, I can't repair using disk utility or drive genius. Time machine gave an error saying that backup drive is read only. I am downloading new version of drive genius..

in other news, *img168.imageshack.us/img168/7436/picture1ao0.th.png

goobimama

 Macboy
Well after an hour or so my disk started grinding and it crashed. Just letting you know. Backup your stuff while you can.

goobimama

 Macboy
For all those in the dark, Safari 3.1 is out. You should beware that it involves restarting your mac (Gasp!). I had an nice run of 16 days but alas, had to go through with this.

praka123

left this forum longback
safari upgradation needs restarting? :confused: why so :?:
afaik restarting safari does the thing;isnt it? :p
restarting after every softy installation is for window$ :D

goobimama

 Macboy
Nope. A complete restart is required for Safari update. I guess there's a lot of stuff 'going on in there'. The windows Safari didn't require a restart though :|

LOL! I just about picked up the Shuffle box and was reading the fine print at the back. "Includes iPod shuffle...blah blah...requires Mac OS X..blah blah.... Like a fine pair of jeans, iPod shuffle colors may vary and change over time" :) :)

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! I just about picked up the Shuffle box and was reading the fine print at the back. "Includes iPod shuffle...blah blah...requires Mac OS X..blah blah.... Like a fine pair of jeans, iPod shuffle colors may vary and change over time" :) :)
Does that mean it might get washed out?

yash

I draw every day
Well, its just one partition that's malfunctioning. and I can still read all data on time machine. But backup is in progress... guess I'd skip college tomorrow!

yash

I draw every day
Burnt 18 dvds since yesterday! I'm getting fed up of this! Downloading techtool pro now. Lets see if that works..

yash

I draw every day
hey aayush, you recommended I install apollo for chat on ipod touch, but its incompatible with firmware 1.1.4

Top Bottom