The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
You guys _do_ know that I desperately want to move onto something portable, don't you ? If this is good enough, I'd be getting it right away.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
All MacBook Pros, obtained by any means, are fair game at that price.

(If they come with a warranty.)
no gray market product comes with warranty of more than 2 days that too if bought form a shop that is not a portable 1

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Guys! I'll buy with my eyes closed if it's 42k. Why do we need to bother abt Warranty? If something goes wrong, we can pay and then get it serviced.

@ aryayush,
They ask for serial number and it should be registered. No bill is required. I think that's what iMav meant.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
He's asking whether they will support it or not, even though he's the one who always keeps advocating that Apple has no problem support grey market products.

@Preshit,
Seriously, dude, ask him whether he has many in stock. We are in line here:
1. Yourself;
2. goobimama;
3. dinesh72 (I think); and
4. Yours truly.

:p

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, I'm not buying any that aren't boxed in the original packaging.

... Who am I kidding! I don't buy grey market products and no amount of good deals can change that practice.

-------------------------

My LaCie hard drive:
*img.skitch.com/20080317-gpk6jss494by3c1rqi5bb4pcu.png
Cool, right? Right? :p

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Neat icons man! I love the one for TV shows... Maybe I could have that somehow?

@Whoever: Dudes. If you don't get warranty, I hope you know that Apple isn't cheap for repairs. The replacement of the screen itself might cost you 40k. Just the LCD panel.

@aayush: Seriously? No grey market?

Last edited:

dinesh72

Journeyman
grey market hardware NO NO software YES(!! can't help !!)

ayush
could we do such partitions in macintosh hd as well, different partitions away from os installation.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Yes. Open Disk Utility and hit Partitions and you will know from thereon. You can't however make partitions of the startup disk, the one that you are currently logged into (common sense). You have to boot into the Leopard Install DVD to partition your startup disk. Also, I think with leopard it's possible to make partitions of your startup disk without erasing your drive. Not sure how it's done though (Kinda like how bootcamp does it)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, it is possible. Just quit all applications and partition it using Disk Utility. Don't touch anything until it is complete, and make sure your notebook is not set to go to sleep or anything after a period of time.

As long as it is uninterrupted, it works. It did for me. :)

Neat icons man! I love the one for TV shows... Maybe I could have that somehow?
I'll email it to you or something... once I find it again. :p

@aayush: Seriously? No grey market?
Yup, not at all. Not even for a toothpick. :D

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@dinesh72

I've partitioned my HD and trust me there ain't any good reason for doing this!! And boy don't ask how much time it takes to create one!!!
I wanna get rid of that partition and merge it into my main partition but I have no clue !!

goobimama

 Macboy
Airport express had a USB port? I wonder if one can plug a HDD in there!

As soon as I get my broadband, i'm getting one of these :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom