The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Re: The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Macs.

sony ericsson users ...

myTheme Creator allows you to create custom themes for Sony Ericsson phones, and has the following features:

* Supports Sony Ericsson Themes version(s) 4.0, 4.1, and 4.5
* Runs on any Operating System (as long as you have JRE 1.5 or above installed)
* RGB distance detection, for theme colors
* Complies with Sony Ericsson Theme Development Standards
* Complies with industry standards for XML and TAR file extraction/generation & validation

myTheme Generator

now this is something i enjoy irritating the people living in my building with my over the top remixes :D

djay takes full advantage of Apple's latest audio and graphics technologies, and runs natively on both Intel and PowerPC processors. It supports all common file formats, such as mp3, aiff, wav, aac, caf.
With djay you can control and mix your whole digital music collection with two realistic virtual, interactive turntables and both record and transmit the audio in real-time over the Bonjour network to other connected djays.

djay

u guys wont believe what i just found ... the cut plugin

FileCutter is a contextual menu plugin that brings two new file management features to the Finder context menu.

In addition to Apple's offered ability to copy and paste files, FileCutter lets you cut files before pasting, and lets you paste an alias to a copied file rather than make a duplicate file.

File Cutter

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

abe, aaaj se tu mera sabse achcha dost hai...teri beer ki khurak arya pay karega :D...aaj se tere mere raste eik hain, tu tope hai, meri hope hai :D

(for the cut option)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

The poor response that plugin is getting just goes on to show how completely avoidable a feature it is.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

im trying to maintain restrain arya so please dont add fule to fire ;)

heres a leopard theme for tiger ... use shapeshifter ;)

pretty decent as a theme i liked it and have it right now ....

*www.macupdate.com/images/screens/uploaded/25211_sm.png
Liger

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

arya said:
The poor response that plugin is getting just goes on to show how completely avoidable a feature it is.
Even I m refraining from kicking the arse of Macboys for this statement :D. I am in Love with this, so easy to move files from one place to another. Just right click, cut, go to that folder (I miss the tree view of explorer here) & paste. Done. No more pressing 2 buttons on my keyboard & then deleting from the old location.

Those using Mac most probably use the "heavy on resources" Roxio Toast or slim Disco, well here is something much simple which I found today. If you have an external DVD Burner, chances are it won't work on Mac cos Apple didn't make that drive. Toast only supports Apple made SuperDrive & not generic or external writers.

To get your generic writer work on Mac, first download PatchBurn & install it & reboot. This will let u use the generic writers in Mac OS X. Now simply use DiskBlaze to burn CDs or DVDs in Mac OS X.

*img158.imageshack.us/img158/8205/diskblazeks7.jpg

Using with my SE DW Q-120A DVD Writer which is faster then any SuperDrive out there :D. Mac SuperDrive reads & writes DVDs at a maximum speed of 8X only while PC DVD Writer/Drives work at 16X. 16X Superdrive is available only in Mac Pro. I hope now I don't get statements like "So, how much difference does double speed makes" or from Arya "I never found a difference in the speed of copying files between a 8X drive & a 16x Drive" just like he said "Bluetooth 2.0 is as fast as USB cable. I never found a difference in speed while copying files over bluetooth to my phone " :D

*img523.imageshack.us/img523/8849/diskinfoqq6.jpg

Hey Macboys, let me know if Middle click works in firefox for mac.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

Just saw this. Actually, saw it before, didn't quite read too much into it...

arre who ever copied from whom ... sab pass ho gaye kya?

Heheh...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

@gx thanx for that was finding something like that :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

gx_saurav said:
"Bluetooth 2.0 is as fast as USB cable. I never found a difference in speed while copying files over bluetooth to my phone "
Oh really? I said that? Ha! Ha! :lol:

I still remember that conversation. Just because you do not know simple English (and a lot of people on this forum are aware of your proficiency in the language) does not give you the license to misquote me for your own benefit.

Anyway, let's just move on without diverting the thread...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

American Police said:
You have the right to remain silent.Anything you say will be recorded, misquoted & used against you
:D

You did say "I never found bluetooth slow. What difference does that makes". Lolz...bluetooth as fast as USB.... he he he, even firewire isn't that close.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Hey Macboys, how do I change the icon of Finder all over? I don't like that smiley.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

also i want to change the text color on my start bar from black to white how to do it ?

here is a small but handy utility itunes controller

*www.macupdate.com/images/screens/uploaded/23980_sm.png

Download

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

iMav

Mac OS X has Apple Menu not Start bar

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

arre joh bhi ho color kaise change karun

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

You can't. (I guess).

Thats the Mac way, everything looks nice when it is at default El Jobso state.

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner

*www.apple.com/support/mac101/customize/

I would have answered to all the questions had the lines "You can't. (I guess)." not been posted here.

Anyway, you can either log in as root (be very careful), or go command line style.

1. Backup the old icon

cd /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/
sudo mv Finder.icns Finder.icns.bak

2. Put in the new one.

sudo cp ~/Desktop/NewFinder.icns ./Finder.icns

You'll probably have to logout and login for the dock icon to change, but the icon in the finder will update by itself before too long.

Edit: The above does not work. (It only changes what appears in Finder alert dialogs, and in the Force-Quit list. Though I don't know how some idiot here ended up with "a page icon with ICNS written on it.")

Clever bastards! I'm not sure where they're hiding it; it's not in Dock.app, and it doesn't seem to be anywhere else in Finder.app

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Gr8, I did this & now I have a page icon with ICNS written on it.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Use CandyBar.

@iMav, for controlling iTunes, use GimmeSomeTune, CoverSutra or some other such software. They allow you to set system-wide keyboard shortcuts for controlling iTunes.

ShapeShifter, AFAIK, is the only way to change the colour of the menubar.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Well, don't know what problem it is. When I try putting a new icon in Candybar for Finder it shows a file with ICNS name on it.

Finally CD burning works, I just burned a DVD of Heroes episodes using DiskBlaze. It isn't Nero or Rosio toast which both are bloat, & doesn't support making multisession DVDs

*img522.imageshack.us/img522/853/burningdvdlh0.jpg

Another gr8 application for those running Mac OS X is Monoligual. What it does is to scan your computer & completely remove those language files which you do not need to save hard disk space.

In my case I have no need for any language in any application of the Mac OS other then English & Hindi (for Hindi websites using Unicode fonts). Using Monolingual I was able to scan & remove each & every language file from my Mac installation other then English (All types) & Hindi & saved about 180 MB HD Space. I also removed support for all PowerPC CPU architecture in my Mac cos I don't need it & slimmed the installation by another 105 MB.

So My Mac installation with all the software & drivers which I don't need removed is just 3.6 GB. Damn, I am helping more then the macboys did. :D

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

Why is toast a bloatware? Its just 150MB and serves the purpose of an all-round burning application (albeit, without the multisession DVDs which I do miss). Its nothing like nero's lineup of useless apps...

Will try monolingual...

Top Bottom