The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Command+shift+4 and then a space?

Btw, I noticed that warning that pops up. This is new to Leopard right? The application is sometimes in a zip file, you extract the zip file and then run the app and it still throws up the warning. Nice.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
drgrudge said:
^^
How you take such beautiful screenshots?
That's a new feature of Leopard. :)

I USED AN iPHONE!!

My brother bought it from Bangkok. It was unlocked and all with the v1.1.1 firmware. He used it for two days and then connected it to iTunes. When he saw that an update was available, he foolishly updated it. It got locked again.

Then he called me. I asked him to bring it over and assured him I would do it for him. I was under the assumption that it was a childishly simple procedure but it turns out that it wasn't. After a lot of trial and error, hits and misses and some truly scary and disappointing moments, I had an unlocked iPhone running v1.1.2 with a Vodafone SIM and working perfectly fine. It took me six hours but it was an ultimate geek dream come true. I did stuff I'd never thought I would ever mess with.

There was a point when the iPhone was stuck in a particular phase (recovery mode) and it just wouldn't get out of it even after I'd tried every trick available on the Internet. I'd started thinking that all hope was lost. But the realisation that I was so close to using an iPhone and would miss out on the opportunity kept driving me on and I finally succeeded. :D

Here's a review:
It is the best friggin' phone in the world. Milind was right. All my attempts to show him the drawbacks are useless. No matter how many drawbacks it has, nothing even comes close to it. My brother and my three roommates are all in love with the iPhone now. (My brother is also in love with me because I saved his 26 grand! :p)

I'm not too sure now that I am going to have the patience to restrict myself from buying the first generation model when it comes to India. In fact, my sister is coming from the USA in a few days and I so want to ask her to buy it for me.

God! Why did they have to make it so damn cool and why, oh why, did my brother have to bring it to me!!

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
No yaar, if I can remember the screenshot you took (something to do with gx_saurav) also was like this done on Tiger. I know to take screenshots like how goobi said,but how to get the mild shadow.

Today is a big day for me. Multimedia unleashed on my Mac. The first HD movie! Equilibrium!! Also installed Perian. But still I like VLC (new version rocks!).

Guys tell me more on customizing iTunes and tips & tricks.

goobimama

 Macboy
You get the shadow by pressing the spacebar after command+shift+4...you know, the little camera icon. Then he uploads the PNG so it maintains it's transparency.

drgrudge

goobimama said:
You get the shadow by pressing the spacebar after command+shift+4...you know, the little camera icon. Then he uploads the PNG so it maintains it's transparency.
I know goobi. But in the desktop where the png is saved, I can't see the shadow effect. It's just the window screenshot. Or am I missing something?

aryayush -
All I remember is:- Never give up and try till you win at last. :D

drgrudge

^^
Ohh..ok.

What about iTunes? Can u guys post a screenshot so that I can see if there's any scope for customization.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Why do you need us to post a screenshot of iTunes!? You have it on your Mac already.

drgrudge said:
the screenshot you took (something to do with gx_saurav) also was like this done on Tiger.
That screenshot was also taken on Leopard. gx_saurav was bashing the Leopard firewall and I'd taken that one to prove him wrong. It was Leopard, my dear friend. You cannot get that effect on Tiger. :)

(If, however, you want to believe that I am a genius who figured out how to do it on Tiger too - by all means, feel free to. :p)

That screenshot was damn funny though. :lol:

@goobimama
No comments on my finally having used the iPhone (and having one-upped you by unlocking it)? :(

goobimama

 Macboy
Oh iPhone? That's like old news... I've been using the iPhone for a long time now (not mine, but I get to use it whenever). On a less serious note, congrats dude. Welcome to the family :)

yash

I draw every day
My brother and my three roommates are all in love with the iPhone now. (My brother is also in love with me because I saved his 26 grand! :p)

time for a sexy orgy!

I know that was so wrong but I HAD TO do it!

drgrudge

aryayush -
So we can't customize iTunes?

By the way, check this guys: Mac OS Resources, Fresh for 2007 and beyond. I downloaded some 5-6 apps from the list. :D

Also an interesting app: Scribbles. A drawing app. *www.atebits.com/scribbles.html

The icons these developers are doing is amazing. Just waiting for my creative juice to sky rocket one fine day.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
drgrudge said:
aryayush -
So we can't customize iTunes?
No, you cannot.

drgrudge said:
By the way, check this guys: Mac OS Resources, Fresh for 2007 and beyond. I downloaded some 5-6 apps from the list. :D
Great list! One disadvantage of having been a Mac user for over a year is that nothing out there is new to you. :(

drgrudge said:
Also an interesting app: Scribbles. A drawing app. *www.atebits.com/scribbles.html
Neat. I don't really need it though. I hate drawing.

drgrudge

goobi -
Don't feel bad. Had nothing to do and came up with this BS:

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2112/2087647107_ffc0ce0469_m.jpg

goobimama

 Macboy
Great list! One disadvantage of having been a Mac user for over a year is that nothing out there is new to you.
That's a disadvantage of being you. I for instance find a lot of new info when you post links to here and there.

I'm also eager to try Scribbles, but I'm waiting for someone to buy it for me :)

@Dr: Uh... I'll assume you are referring to my cat Goobi, which of course makes perfect sense. Although it's a little puzzling considering you haven't even met him...

drgrudge

^^
Ohh yeah.. why would I refer you. Who doesn't like small cat? I always wondered what people did with cats..until I read adventures of Goobi. :D

Scribbles is too cool. It's a donationware. Free to try as long as you want. It would be fun to have a contest as who comes up with something good and creative. Anyone game for this?

goobimama

 Macboy
Correction: Small cat is not Goobi. While the boundaries are thin, they are still existent. Small Cat is the name of the cat. He is quite big actually.

The competition sounds cool. First prize is the user gets to put iMav or gx for 1 week in Shameful misery. :D

drgrudge

How much cats you have? What's the name of Small Cat?

If some 3-5 people are ready, then we can plan the competition like this:
1. You can post unlimited entries.
2. 24 hours/12 Hours time limit though.
3. We can put across our creation and showcase them in another thread where members can vote!
4. The winner gets to choose a thread to close/delete. J/K. :twisted:

What say guys?

Top Bottom