The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

Sourabh

Laptoping
goobimama said:
Boys. What is the cheapest I can get an iPod shuffle 2G for(grey market / second hand/ drunk)? I really need one at the moment. Also, I figured I can't carry the iPhone around while doing some activities, so the shuffle would fill in there. At the Apple store I think it's costing 4.5k or so.

It's available for anywhere between 3.8k - 4k in Mumbai. You can order it from JJ Mehta for 3.8k shipped. A while back my friend ordered it from Sify for 3k or something, so you can consider that option too.

What's the fascination with something like Shuffle? Get Zen Stone. Full drag n drop support and available for dirt cheap (2k).

praka123

left this forum longback
===>this icon is expected to be not seen on other operating systems?
I think any OS with Lucida Grande ttf fonts shows the half eaten apple logo ;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
a drunkard has his own pronunciations not to forget he is goan ... their pronunciations are well lets say unique

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
praka123 said:
===>this icon is expected to be not seen on other operating systems?
I think any OS with Lucida Grande ttf fonts shows the half eaten apple logo ;)
Lol man. I can't see that logo in my Mac also! It comes only in Safari and I use FX. Any idea how to see that?

Goobi -
You interested in my iPod Nano 4 GB? Still with the case. I'll be selling that for Rs 5.5k + shipping. 10 months Warranty.

praka123

left this forum longback
drgrudge said:
Lol man. I can't see that logo in my Mac also! It comes only in Safari and I use FX. Any idea how to see that?
these fonts are already there in OS X! :shock: how come u not able to see it?may be u should tick in firefox >preferences>content>fonts Advanced>"allow pages to choose their own font"
else open the file manager and go to the fonts directory to see that those fonts are installed :) GIYF.
Ohh..K,go to safari directory and copy those fonts from their to generic fonts section.then firefox will pick up ;)
and Mac Genius will help u to install the Lucida Grande(2 fonts) in the fonts directory.there will be font installer in apple OS X i suppose.install the fonts that way.the fonts are already in safari's folder.
I am typing this blindly,as i dont have OS X and do not want to install a pirated one :) go to /usr/ dir for safari folder.
well below is how to install using fontbook:
*docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=151832

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The fonts are obviously there in OS X. He does not need to install them.

Firefox does not recognise a lot of OS X fonts. I have never bothered to look for a workaround because I don't use it.

BTW, fonts are installed on OS X simply by double clicking on them. :)

praka123

left this forum longback
I am in firefox in Debian Sid GNU/Linux.I can see it very well.
firefox works well with Lucida grande fonts ;) yes in UNIX anyone which uses X11.show him the directory where safari is installed in OS X.those fonts are resting there.open fontbook and install those two fonts,so that other browsers also use it.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Dude, the fonts are already there in Font Book. Safari does not have any separate place to store its fonts. There is just one central repository. :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Yeah the fonts are already there. But dunno how to make them work in FX. Btw, Prakash, allow pages to choose their own font is enabled in preferences.

aryayush -
What do you mean by "fonts are installed on OS X simply by double clicking on them"?

goobimama

 Macboy
1) It's Lok at least in my language so might have got in the way. Plus, what is the Lok Sabha?

a drunkard has his own pronunciations not to forget he is goan ... their pronunciations are well lets say unique

2) I'm not a drunkard. Remember, no name calling. Not cool with it.

3) Don't dare insult my goan heritage. If this is the case, I might as well take a shot at everyone else here... I don't think you would like it if someone insults India now would you?

@Dr: Amazing offer but I don't think I want to spend that much on something that won't be of much use after the iPhone. And Zen stone, how much does it cost out here? I wouldn't mind considering that so many have got the shuffle....

goobimama

 Macboy
Thanks man! 1.9k is definitely something that I can spend on a fill-in mp3 player. If only I could manage it with iTunes. But I guess saving 1.4k more than makes up for that. And I didn't know the iPod Classic costs just 11k... nice...

----
Now that I see some reviews, I think I'll go with the shuffle. Stuff that puts me off:
1) larger than the shuffle
2) no clip
3) no syncing with iTunes (can't blame them for that)
4) 8 hours of battery life

Still thanks for that link sourabh. I'll get the shuffle for 3.7k (with dry fruit gift hamper. A christmas gift for myself)

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
I hope the pink one is still around... ;)

But seriously, that clip makes up for a lot. My brother has the old shuffle and it is a pain to take the lanyard along every time. Plus I love battery life. And yeah, my user title says it all :)

Top Bottom