The Official Mafia & Mafia II Discussion Thread!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Since we all seem to be hyped about playing the sequel and many of us are playing Mafia for the first time, so it's only fair that it deserves a new thread. So no more puking in the 'Game your currently addicted to' thread & post any and every thing related to Mafia in here.

I'm in a bit of hurry right now. So by the time I return, I hope it has at least one reply. *cocks Tommy Gun* :grin:

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
i hv completed mafia one
2 tyms. Good game play , story line.
If u like mafia u would also like godfather which I hv playd 5 tyms

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Reached 'Just for Relaxation' mission. Will complete the game tomorrow I guess :). Mafia 1 is a damn awesome game. I am post-ponding beginning Startcraft II for it! And just can't wait for 28th to get my hands on Mafia II!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
just remember to use colt 1011, coupled with headshots it is the most deadliest thing in Mafia.

Also, ur colt skill will be tested in last chapter. Awesome name for the last chapter and tense situation.

Anyone got attached with any of the characters?

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I like Frank. He was the most sensible among the lot and also warned Tommy how things would go wrong in this business.

I'm also on the mission 'Just for Relaxation' and the game is awesome. I think I have memorised most of the routes in Lost Heaven. Except for Oaks Hill side as I don't visit that place much.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Darn! I forgot Mafia. Good ol', awesome, my first sandbox game. It's seems my very first games of a genre was started with super-awesome games. Anyway, will install this Godfather & Inception[:D]-like epicness game this Sat., and join ye people. My last mission was...... that hotel thing.... urmh.... I don't remember.

quan chi

mortal kombat
played mafia long back.honestly i feel the story was good but nothing much to hype about it. what i think the game has best is its dialogues.some of them were wonderful.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Finally completed the game. Absolutely amazing. I'm glad I didn't ignore this game thinking the graphics would be dated. The ending was very emotional. The story, dialog & music were the prime highlights of this game. This is how a true Mafia game is supposed to look like in a completely authentic manner.

Here's how my end went down:

I started the mission by first heading out to Lucas, competing his sub-quest and went out to claim my "fast" car. I only had a colt with 6 bullets in it. I shot down one mutt at the area where the car was parked and 2 shots to take down the lock. Took the car & ventured on the final mission with only colt and 1 bullet in it. I thought I would meet Sam & we would stack up our arsenal for some mission. When I reached there, I found out it was a setup waiting for me. F*cking hell! I tried a few times to punch some guys and failed miserably. Looked up a walkthrough a found that I hadn't made a pit stop at Yellow Pete's to get my arsenal from him.

So I promptly reloaded the save and went back to him. Stocked up my ammunition and shot the hell out of everyone. As I was wading through those horde of thugs, I realized how difficult this would have been if I had kept trying with that Colt. Anywho, as I reached Sam towards the end, I only had 32% health. Gunned him down with a few shots of my Thompson first, then as he ran away, I took out my pump-action shot gun and fired away 2 final rounds to finish him off. THE END!

is mafia better than GTA san andreas in terms of
1 story
2 gameplay
3 voice acting
I haven't played San Andreas completely, but comparison between both isn't fair at all. Mafia came out in 2002 and San Andreas in 2004. Mafia has a excellent storyline and voice acting. It's more of a serious gangster drama and so are it's missions. There are no side missions, except for Lucas's sub-quests. You'll have to drive a lot in Mafia. GTA is more relaxed, but Mafia focuses on being more realistic. Voice acting is top notch in Mafia. It's well worth a play-through, albeit being so old.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I'll say Mafia is as close as it gets to real gangster life. Its perfect. Good character development.

I liked Paulie's character. Always getting things screwed up but a good buddy.

@Ethan
Did u try free ride extreme challenges ?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^its like fantasy + surreal world mixed with The City of Lost Heaven.
You get new cool cars which run and accelerate like Ferrari but you gotta complete related challenges to get them.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^^its like fantasy + surreal world mixed with The City of Lost Heaven.
You get new cool cars which run and accelerate like Ferrari but you gotta complete related challenges to get them.
But cops would still catch us if we go above 40mph right? I don't understand what's the use of having fast cars when you have to use a speed limiter on them throughout the game. The only time I think I enjoyed running a fast car was before the race mission where you have to sabotage the opponents vehicle at night. Less cop concentration at night and country side free drive, is the only real pleasure I had for driving at max speed.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@Ethan
I guess there are no cops in free ride extreme missions. Its totally insane there.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@Ethan
I guess there are no cops in free ride extreme missions. Its totally insane there.
If there are no cops, then I'll definitely give it a try. All the cars from Lucas's missions were under-whelming. I seriously need the speeds of the race car.

Top Bottom