Not open for further replies.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
do u guys really believe EVERYTHING that the reports say
i wonder when the iphonefreesim software will hit torrents

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Get iPhone unlock software for free ... i have for me .... :D

The free software iPhone unlock—the only one that counts— has been finally achieved and it has been independently tested. Everyone can now unlock their iPhones for free. The unlock was not achieved by GeoHot, who was credited with the first hardware unlocks.

here's the link for those who have been cursing me for not putting the source always

This SUX

iPhone Updates Will Probably Break iPhone Apps

No one should expect 3rd party apps to continue running on the iPhone after the next update. Much like Sony with their PSP, Apple refuses to be as progressive with a portable computer as they are with a clunky, traditional system. Yesterday, a lot of us took some of Apple VP Greg Joswiak's comments to support the possibility of an eventual open iPhone platform.

But then Apple clarified:

apple said:
software updates will most likely break" 3rd party iPhone apps.

Hopefully Apple will wake up and smell the inevitable. And hopefully the iPhone will not turn into the PSPhone, forcing users to scour the forums to see if they can update to the latest firmware without worry.

Source

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Which One Is Better, iPhone or the Windows Smartphone?

Which One Is Better, iPhone or the Windows Smartphone?
I've been hooked on using Windows Smartphone devices, because of the seamless integration with Outlook

By: Alexander Falk
Sep. 11, 2007 06:30 PM

Which one is "better" - the iPhone or the Windows Smartphone? That's the question that many gadget-loving road warriors and cell-phone geeks are asking these days...

Here is my personal take:

I've been a big proponent of smartphone technology for a long time, and have been chasing the "perfect smartphone" for a while. Specifically, I've been hooked on using Windows Smartphone devices, because of the seamless integration with Outlook and the resulting automatic synchronization of all my contacts, calendar entries, tasks, notes, and e-mail over the air. And my favorite Smartphone so far was the Cingular/AT&T 8525. To meet a new business partner on the road, enter their contact details into the smartphone, and find the same person automatically in Outlook when you get back to the office is simply great - same goes for calendar entries.

*bp2.blogger.com/_KDgXmlITJmY/RuHv1A4zg8I/AAAAAAAAAAc/0y9VqLFlIgI/s320/att_8525_s.gif

So when my wife wanted a new iPhone when it came out, I was very sceptical. Sure, I do use an iPod Video and have been a big fan of the early Macs from 1986-1996, but I could no conceive of how the iPhone could offer anything to me - especially since my AT&T 8525 device had it all: UMTS, Wi-Fi, Push-Email, Windows-based Smartphone, PDF Reader, Pocket Word, Pocket Excel, Video, etc.

It took just one week. Read more...

[Via AJAXWORLD MAGAZINE]

A quote from the article:
The reason is very simple: UI design, UI design, and UI design! Just like with any great piece of software on the computer, it all boils down to the design of the user interface.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, everyone who says anything positive about any product Apple releases is a "stupid Mac salesman". Riiight! We get it, dude - we do. :rolleyes:

The fact that you guys jump into every Apple related thread to bash it shows how insecure you feel.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
:lol: no 1 jumped here on the contrary gx created this thread ... not to mention u r the 1 who wants to start with threads like final showdown ... this that :D ... we just talk technical and news .... u :D

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Re: Which One Is Better, iPhone or the Windows Smartphone?

aryayush said:

Which one is "better" - the iPhone or the Windows Smartphone? That's the question that many gadget-loving road warriors and cell-phone geeks are asking these days...

I guess this guy never used HTC Touch or TyTn 2 ever or he wouldn't be comparing them like this.

iPhone just look at the UI, it looks so cool...but will it do my work?

I m in the middle of a day, & i need to do something important, say record a video of a seminar or say....have to do a 2 way conferencing on video or even better, assume that I have to edit that PDF I got in mail from my office...well..iPhone won't do all this.

Why pay $400 for 8GB iPhone when HTC Touch does everything & much better. Oh, touch is thick.....damn, all hell has broken.

Arya, a good UI is just 3 days novelty if u don't have a good software back end.

iPhone now software unlocked in 32 countries and 69 carriers

Posted Sep 13th 2007 1:44AM by Thomas Ricker
Filed under: Cellphones, Portable Video, Portable Audio
*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/09/iphone-global-sim-free.jpg
var digg_url = '*digg.com/apple/iPhone_now_software_unlocked_in_32_countries_and_69_carriers'; With the European and Asian iPhone rollouts still months away, is it any wonder to find the little guy venturing out on the mean, GSM streets all on his own? According to that list above compiled by the iPhone Dev Team, the freebie iPhone software unlock has now been tested to work in 32 countries and 69 national carriers -- a list which is changing by the minute. Testing is based on calls in/out, SMS in/out, EDGE/GPRS access, and voicemail access. Not Visual Voicemail, naturally, but the ability to receive notifications alerts and check voicemail messages. As usual, we won't link you directly to the iPhoneDev community in accordance to their request for uh, anonymity.

Update: Make that 42 countries and 90 local carriers as our readers have also pointed out that they've unlocked their own phones in the additional country/carrier combos: New Zealand/Vodafone, Spain/Moviestar, Poland/Orange, Czech Republic/Vodafone, Bahrain/Batelcom/MTC Vodafone, Israel/Cellcom, Hungary/T-Mobile, Belgium/Proximus/Base/Mobistar, Kuwait/Wataniya, and Ireland/Meteor. Note: the iPhoneDev list included Telus (with a note that it won't work) and double-counted India. Any more dear

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Heheheheh! Good one! Why don't we do such crazy sh1t out here in India?!?! I'd love to stand in line waiting for an iPhone...

cellimporter

Right off the assembly line
iPhone is available with me in Delhi, India, limited stock.

These are Unlocked to work with all GSM Operators (Airtel, Hutch, Idea, MTNL, BSNL etc.)

1) Iphone 4GB version shall cost Rs.24,990
2) Iphone 8GB shall cost Rs.32,650.

Add Rs.450 for Blue Dart shipping anywhere within India. Phone will ship from Delhi.

Pls note that there is US State Tax + FedEx shipping charge + Customs duties involved on top of the US retail price of the iPhone, hence the price is what it is by the time it lands in India.

Payment can be remitted in our ICICI account or you can send a DD.

If someone picks up from Delhi shipping charges will be waived.

You can email me at: iphoneimporter@gmail.com

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
There are a number of spammers...this is one of them

Butits true that IPhones unlocked are selling in Delhi Market(I thinks u all knows where) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom