The official iPhone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
yup infra is right..
Refurbished fones are not fones wit upgrades or something..
They mean fones which were trashed or returned or exchanged under warranty due to technical snags... which are then repaired and sold again..

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
pathiks said:
yup infra is right..
Refurbished fones are not fones wit upgrades or something..
They mean fones which were trashed or returned or exchanged under warranty due to technical snags... which are then repaired and sold again..

Wait, means Apple had many iPhones in return which now they are re-selling as refurbished & they have lots of them in stock...

Doesn't this means iPhones are very faulty.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
infra_red_dude said:
refurbish is NOT a term i invented! thats the meaning of 'refurbish' and that certainly doesn't suggest a callback. what i'm wondering is where did apple get iphones from to refurbish??!!

btw, $4k or whatever you've suggested is coz of the billing by AT&T due to roaming. i don't see how apple is to be blamed here.
im not blaming apple just posting a piece of funny news ...

@goobi i suck at maths iv got a kt almost every sem in maths ....

and at every1 else ... if a refurbish fone isnt a supposed v2 .... where does the term refurbish come from ...

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Refurbish means someone gave a broken or malfunctioning iPhone back to Apple for repair, Apple replaced the malfunctioning part & selling it back.

But if this is the case, its points questions at Apple's Quality check & device features. So many iPhone for repair :-| :|

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well in that case i got a different meaning acc to the dictionary .... refurbish means redecorate/renovate .... now my interpretation of this meaning and the context it is used im suggests that the iphone has had some minor changes done ;) and not re-selling of a defective iphone coz there aint none ;)

pillainp

Journeyman
iMav:
A refurbished Apple product is a product that was sent back by an intelligent person, which Apple will polish up and sell to an idiot.

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Apple refurbs are supposed to be well tested. I would certainly have gone in for a refurb if they (refurbs) were available in India..

pillainp

Journeyman
goobimama said:
^^ Apple refurbs are supposed to be well tested. I would certainly have gone in for a refurb if they (refurbs) were available in India..
Question is:
If Apple products are so all-fired great in the first place and miles ahead all others, always infallible, why were they sent in to be refurbed in the first place??

Could it be that Apple suffers from the same problems we mere mortals do???

SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK

goobimama

 Macboy
Hey. I never said that apple products are infalliable. Stuff happens and you send your iPhone back only to get it replaced with a new one. But the old one gets repaired and is thoroughly tested. Most people who have bought refurb apple products have not experienced a single products which makes them even better than the new ones...SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK:: INDEED::

pillainp

Journeyman
See, all I'm saying is, going by the incredibly high standards you set for Windows to conform to (and shout when it inevitably fails), no Apple product should ever fail or have to be returned for any reason.

But it seems they are, so what does that say about Apple?

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Engadget said:
Apple set to launch ringtone service for iPhone September 5th?

*www.engadget.com/media/2007/08/iphoneitunesringones.jpg
The New York Post is reporting that Apple's September 5th dog and pony show is set to usher in the age of iTunes as ringtone-management software for iPhone. Apparently the rumored service will see iTunes able to convert any song into a ringtone -- for a fee, of course -- and you'll even have the ability to dictate which portion of the song becomes the tone. The offering will also include the ability to use previously purchased tunes as ringtones, and we're hoping your own music in iTunes, too. We're feeling this is long overdue, but can assume that Apple could have been in conversation with the labels to sort out the financials of all this magic. Watch this space next week for more news on pricing and availability -- if indeed, it actually pans out.

[Via AppleInsider]​
So, now u have to pay for the ringtones. Well.....ok, we do that even right now for ringtones. But You have to pay apple again so that u can use your already purchased Music from iTunes as a ringtone. Means to use a song as ringtone, u first have to buy it from iTunes & then pay to use it as a ringtone. You cannot set your own ringtone, which is already known...Just another way for Apple to extort money.

Hey Apple, do u have the ringtone of my Sister screaming my name? I use it is as a per-contact based ringtone in my K750i so that when she calls, the ringtone is her screaming my name. Can I do that in iPhone? Nope...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@gx yes u can keep ur sister screaming ur name as a ringtone ... first record it and then sign a contract with paramount or any major recording label and then hopefully the itunes store will have it n their database and then u can purchase it :lol:

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iPhone on Uncyclopedia :D

Major innovations

*images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/c/ca/Omgifoen.png/180px-Omgifoen.png
The next generation iPhone, to be released in two seconds after the last next generation iPhone. Features 10GB hard drive and bigger price

The iPhone combines several important innovations that Apple fanboys have been fantasizing about in bed for years: a high quality widescreen video player (with enough memory for one music video), a Mac OS PDA (which you can't install any software on), the much anticipated phone-iPod hybrid (that's an iPod with no hard drive or touch wheel and an even worse battery life than a real iPod, combined with a phone without a keypad), all nicely rounded off by a camera with no flash, shutter or viewfinder. Clearly this is insanely great. The iPhone has also achieved great fame because of its ability to interact with several other apple products, such as the iDungarees, the iSock, the iPod, the iMag the iBag and the iHome and iMobilehome. Sold seperately. So basically the only difference between this and other phones on the market is the apple logo, which raises the price to one bizillion dollars.

iPhone is a revolutionary and magical product that is literally five years ahead of any other mobile phone. You can even use it to surf the iNternet!

~ Steve Jobs on iPhone
Lolz.....

• Harmful Side Effects
    • You will never get laid (but at least you will have a sweet phone =D)
    • All your friends will hate you, because you are a douche for buying one.

Apple engineers are scrambling to find the elusive answer to that prodding question, "How can we get it to sync with iTunes without a wire?"

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
LOL! :lol:

That was funny. :lol:

Yeah...its funny u forgot the post this truth about iPhone

Basically the only difference between this and other phones on the market is the apple logo, which raises the price to one bizillion dollars.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Hack Discovered to Enable Free iPhone Ringtones

Say goodbye to the $0.99 fee to make iPhone ringtones

It seems as though the good news continues to roll in for iPhone users. On Wednesday, Apple announced a $200 price cut for the 8GB iPhone and dropped the price on the 4GB model to $299 until supplies run out. Yesterday, Steve Jobs announced to the Apple faithful that those that purchased iPhones before the price drop would be given $100 of in-store credit to the Apple Store.

Today, there's even more good news to spread around concerning iPhone ringtones. Jobs announced on Wednesday that customers would be able to add ringtones to their iPhones for $0.99 -- this is in addition to the $0.99 price for downloading an iTunes music track.

This of course angered many people who felt that they were being charged twice to make a ringtone out of a song they already owned. Well, the aptly-named "Cleverboy" on the Mac Rumors forums has discovered a workaround for the $0.99 charge for a ringtone through iTunes.

Users simply need to duplicate and rename any AAC music file with the file extension "M4R". Next, double-click the file to add it to iTunes. Once in iTunes, the newly renamed M4R music file will show up as a ringtone under the "Ringtones" tab. Users can then sync their iPhone as usual and enjoy free ringtones.

According to Cleverboy, the hack works in both Windows and Mac versions of iTunes.

*www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=8782

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
but doesnt the trick show something ... that apple is rather dumb ... all u need to do is make a copy rename and ur done :lol: ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom