the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

crisp_tod

Right off the assembly line
Re: The Official Core i7 (Intel's nehalem) Thread

Not yet as I was very busy last week. I will wait till the New Nvidia GPU arrives as I want to purachse all the components in one shot. :)

Cheers....

Sid_gamer

Team Digit

yeah... Congrats for your Vaio...

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Hii Ashu... can u suggest me a good Cooler for my i7-920 in 4.5K ~ 5K.....

rahul941400

Broken In

yeah right, wen the components are so full of options, u wudnt want to mind the lil' steep pricing and an extended budget,,, lol,,,, btw, hv u bought all components or u still searching for them,,,, didnt hear from u here for a long time...so plz keep us updated....

yeah bought all the components except for UPS, am getting APC 1kva soon for my CM550GX smps, not goin for a pure sine wave one, cannot spend 12k on a UPS... not yet. but otherwise I am happy with the speed, but one thing... sometimes when I play some high def video or something, my system hangs up...screen turns white with black horizontal lines and a buzz sound comes out from the speakers. It happens rarely but still it worries me... guyz please help.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
Rahul, please update your signature. Difficult to browse legacy posts and find your system configuration.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

^ just keep them in case you need in any time,go ahead and install ultimate.
ok,thanx alot Azaad..will then go for the ULTIMATE installation of win7 thanx again, appreciate alot for ur support.. :)

Hi Ashu,

So, did you went for this thing. I am also excited by this lappy. Looking to buy this instead of a full blown PC now !! And with acceptable gaming performance it seems to be a good bet. And will suffice to my home and work needs alike and since I already have a monitor at home and it has a HDMI port for that too.. :) Although not sure of its i3 processor much - how much it can be rated along with Core 2 Duo? Will be waiting for your reply....

Mohit
HI mohit, well yeah i purchased this lappy (SONY VAIO E SERIES) as soon as it was launched (launched on 8th march, purchased by me on 9th March 2010) its official price is 50K but i (thru my local trusted dealer got it for 48.5K)

its a core i3-330M (2.13Ghz Proc) With 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, ATi 5650 (1gb) etc..

yup, its a gr8 lappy (it has 4 colors white,black,pink,blue) I purchased the white one, it looks terrifically stunning, its icy white tone and though its glossy, it is NOT a finger magnet.. :)

It's performance is really good, watching movies is stunning, its crisp and feels like heaven to watch movies, the on board sound quality of the in built SPEAKERS is NOT that good, but wen u use a decent pair of headphones (I use Creative EP 630) its just awesome... :)

i wud say, at that a competative price, u shud go for this lappy.. :)

tell me ur requirements so tat i can assist u better (my criteria was a 1GB gpu) so i bought this model.. :)

yup, this lappy has HDMI as well as eSATA port, and i was able to connect my lappy to a 46" LCD TV and it was crisp dude, really crisp resolution... i was like wooohoho wen the 46" LCD came to live with my lappy connected to it for display of movies... :D

also, my requirement was eSATA (As i hv separately bought a eSATA Ext. HDD, Seagate BlackARmor 1TB) so transferring files it a breeze.. :)
--------------

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

yeah bought all the components except for UPS, am getting APC 1kva soon for my CM550GX smps, not goin for a pure sine wave one, cannot spend 12k on a UPS... not yet. but otherwise I am happy with the speed, but one thing... sometimes when I play some high def video or something, my system hangs up...screen turns white with black horizontal lines and a buzz sound comes out from the speakers. It happens rarely but still it worries me... guyz please help.
hey hi rahul, well can u please elaborate ur problem, maybe with sum screenies..!! also, are u using the proper s/ware to play ur HD files..??

yeah... Congrats for your Vaio...

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Hii Ashu... can u suggest me a good Cooler for my i7-920 in 4.5K ~ 5K.....

congrats on buying sony e series laptop bro
thanx to both of u guys for congratulating me on my vaio (Yeah i knw pics are a due so plz giv me time,im on a holiday and the net connection here is really bad..lol..) thanx once again, really appreciate it.. :)

@ Sid: dude, go in for Prolimatech's MEgahalem Revision B cooler for ur Core i7 processor (buy it from Lynx-india.com) its really good, even way way better than T.R.U.E (thermal right ultra extreme 120) :) go for it dude, u will NOT regret it.. :)
Not yet as I was very busy last week. I will wait till the New Nvidia GPU arrives as I want to purachse all the components in one shot. :)

Cheers....
hey crisp, dude.. where hv u been yaar.. i.ve been waiting for ur components list..lol...plz post it soon...
============

to all: plz guys, wen u hv finalised all ur components and bought them, plz write it in "quote" tags with the price (see example on 1st post) so tat i can update the list on page 1 :)
---------------

the pics of my new lappy will be here by tomorrow.. promise.. :p
------------

Cheers n e-peace....

Sid_gamer

Team Digit

^^
And How is Corsair H-50 Hydro series in comparison with Prolimatech Meghalem ??,
Coz my vendor is giving it to me in 4.1K..

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

Corsair is a water cooled cpu cooler, if u can fit it into ur cabinet, then its gr8, water cooled cpu coolers are always having an edge wen compared to their air cooled counterparts.. :)

mohit_

HI mohit, well yeah i purchased this lappy (SONY VAIO E SERIES) as soon as it was launched (launched on 8th march, purchased by me on 9th March 2010) its official price is 50K but i (thru my local trusted dealer got it for 48.5K)

its a core i3-330M (2.13Ghz Proc) With 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, ATi 5650 (1gb) etc..

yup, its a gr8 lappy (it has 4 colors white,black,pink,blue) I purchased the white one, it looks terrifically stunning, its icy white tone and though its glossy, it is NOT a finger magnet.. :)

It's performance is really good, watching movies is stunning, its crisp and feels like heaven to watch movies, the on board sound quality of the in built SPEAKERS is NOT that good, but wen u use a decent pair of headphones (I use Creative EP 630) its just awesome... :)

i wud say, at that a competative price, u shud go for this lappy.. :)

tell me ur requirements so tat i can assist u better (my criteria was a 1GB gpu) so i bought this model.. :)

yup, this lappy has HDMI as well as eSATA port, and i was able to connect my lappy to a 46" LCD TV and it was crisp dude, really crisp resolution... i was like wooohoho wen the 46" LCD came to live with my lappy connected to it for display of movies... :D

also, my requirement was eSATA (As i hv separately bought a eSATA Ext. HDD, Seagate BlackARmor 1TB) so transferring files it a breeze.. :)

Hey Ashu....thanx a lot for your reply....can you please tell me the gaming performance of this laptop....also what is its minimum and maximum resolutions.....and how is the multitasking performance?

i am a graphic designer and work on multiple graphic intensive softwares like photoshop, flash, illustrator simultaneously most of the times.....and very rarely 3d softwares too....so, that can give u a fair idea of what i am looking for.......reason i am going for it is portability and performance and appropriate pricing too....
Also, if you could suggest an improved configuration (laptop only) with pricing till 55 k....i would be really thankful.....

thanks a lot buddy.....

Last edited:

cosmos

Broken In

Can some 1 here plz tell me what exactly is the difference between the MSI X58 PRO and MSI X58 PRO-E motherboard. There is a price difference of 2k and hence i just want to know whether the difference is worth the features.

Cheers,
Cosmos

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

The PRO-E series seems to have better cooling and Blue Ray audio. That is all I could see as a difference.

cosmos

Broken In

so does it makes sense to invest 2k more for the Pro-E...Im little skeptical here. :S

Cheers,
Cosmos

cosmos

Broken In

Ok, i also thought so..i will tell my friend the same thing then...Letz c wat he gets...

Cheers,
Cosmos

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

Hey Ashu....thanx a lot for your reply....can you please tell me the gaming performance of this laptop....also what is its minimum and maximum resolutions.....and how is the multitasking performance?

i am a graphic designer and work on multiple graphic intensive softwares like photoshop, flash, illustrator simultaneously most of the times.....and very rarely 3d softwares too....so, that can give u a fair idea of what i am looking for.......reason i am going for it is portability and performance and appropriate pricing too....
Also, if you could suggest an improved configuration (laptop only) with pricing till 55 k....i would be really thankful.....

thanks a lot buddy.....

HI buddy,, :)

well the max resolution supported by my E Series lappy is fullHD (that is: 1920x1080) this is the native resolution supported and is the MAx reso..while all other reso lower than 1920x1080 are all supported by this lappy.. :)

gaming performance is good, played crysis warhead, fifa 2010, Command n Conquer etc.. without any lag at 1920x1080 (but there was lag at sum points of high intensity battle scenes , wich is but obvious as this is a lappyand NOT a desktop so its uderstandable) :)

as for multi-tasking, i wud NOT recommend u this lappy (as per the apps tat u mentioned tat u wanna run on it) that too SIMULTANEOUSLY (im stressing more on that word for good reason) for tat, get a lappy with a core i5 processor and NOT core i3 (it will lag even with 4GB of RAM).. :)

in the bracket of 55K i think u can go in for a HP lappy with core i5 but with a lesser (512MB) of the GPU... (So ur gaming will be compromised a bitdue to a lesser gpu but NOT ur multi-tasking as u hv core i5, wich is a faster processor than core i3) :)

i think HP's model with Corei5 and nVIDIA Geforce GT 330 (512MB) Will cost u 56-58K.. :)
-------------

So, there is always a trade off b/w smooth gaming with 1GB gpu and slightly slower proc AND a slightly inferior gaming with 52MB gpu but faster processor (for multi tasking)..

also, plz note tat core i5 onwards will support u with TURBO BOOST wich can increase the processor speed from stock to a higher rating wich is NOT available in core i3 processors.. )yup, tat also means tat faster battery drain wen on TURBO BOOST mode).. :)

plz feel free to ask any more questions regarding this issue, will be glad to help u... :)

(im jus NOT able to upload my images for my new lappy, coz of this sh** net s[peed here in my uncle's house) so my apologies.. :(
------------

\\Cheers n e-peace....

cosmos

Broken In

All,

Intel has launched the Core i7 930 2.8Ghz in the market. Here in Bangalore, it costs less than 1k than the previous predominant i7 920 :p
Core i7 920 2.66Ghz - 13.8k+ 4%tax
Core i7 930 2.8 Ghz - 14.6K + 4%tax

The significant difference between the two is their multiplier, being 20 on the 920 and 21 on the 930.
According to the review i read on the net, it is better than the 920, in every way. Also it can be easily overclocked and the performance rises significantly. It can be overclocked to 4Ghz even by not using water cooling. :p

Think this will lead to the retirement of the champ 920;-). Wat u say guyz?

Cheers,
Cosmos

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
On paper guess so. For 1K extra you get higher speed, and easier OC.

mohit_

HI buddy,, :)

well the max resolution supported by my E Series lappy is fullHD (that is: 1920x1080) this is the native resolution supported and is the MAx reso..while all other reso lower than 1920x1080 are all supported by this lappy.. :)

gaming performance is good, played crysis warhead, fifa 2010, Command n Conquer etc.. without any lag at 1920x1080 (but there was lag at sum points of high intensity battle scenes , wich is but obvious as this is a lappyand NOT a desktop so its uderstandable) :)

as for multi-tasking, i wud NOT recommend u this lappy (as per the apps tat u mentioned tat u wanna run on it) that too SIMULTANEOUSLY (im stressing more on that word for good reason) for tat, get a lappy with a core i5 processor and NOT core i3 (it will lag even with 4GB of RAM).. :)

in the bracket of 55K i think u can go in for a HP lappy with core i5 but with a lesser (512MB) of the GPU... (So ur gaming will be compromised a bitdue to a lesser gpu but NOT ur multi-tasking as u hv core i5, wich is a faster processor than core i3) :)

i think HP's model with Corei5 and nVIDIA Geforce GT 330 (512MB) Will cost u 56-58K.. :)
-------------

So, there is always a trade off b/w smooth gaming with 1GB gpu and slightly slower proc AND a slightly inferior gaming with 52MB gpu but faster processor (for multi tasking)..

also, plz note tat core i5 onwards will support u with TURBO BOOST wich can increase the processor speed from stock to a higher rating wich is NOT available in core i3 processors.. )yup, tat also means tat faster battery drain wen on TURBO BOOST mode).. :)

plz feel free to ask any more questions regarding this issue, will be glad to help u... :)

Hey....thanx for the reply....i think the issue will be with flash which is not gpu accelerated at the moment while photoshop should run smooth with 1GB ram.....althought i agree with your processor aspect. i5 will definitely be a better option, if only i could get that........Also, I liked what Lenovo Ideapad 560 has to offer...but it still is not available in india.......

I would do a bit of r&d for that hp thing u mentioned...that sounds good but is easily 10k more than what Sony one was taking......so lets see

Sam123456

Broken In

i want a suitable i5+P55+Hd5770 for gaming.
My budget is around 20k

Last edited:
Top Bottom