the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Re: The Official Core i7 (Intel's nehalem) Thread

Am getting the Corsair H50 soon...!

I just gave it a thought and i also have concluded that better go in for water cooling corsair Hydro H-50 rather than the Prolimatech Meghalemfor a measely 1K ~ 1.5K price difference.....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
Already my CPU core is showing 42C. And the summers have just begun. Heck...! I will go for the H50 or the "Swiftech Apex Ultima". Check it out here. Trying to get a GO for this on TE. Should be around 12K.

anuphostcoin

Right off the assembly line

I have only on word to say about it "Awesome". Compare to the other core processors, i7 core processor is much more advanced which will offer much more high performance to the laptops and desktops. Just don't understand one thing why these new technologies are used in the servers for better performance?

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

All,

Intel has launched the Core i7 930 2.8Ghz in the market. Here in Bangalore, it costs less than 1k than the previous predominant i7 920 :p
Core i7 920 2.66Ghz - 13.8k+ 4%tax
Core i7 930 2.8 Ghz - 14.6K + 4%tax

The significant difference between the two is their multiplier, being 20 on the 920 and 21 on the 930.
According to the review i read on the net, it is better than the 920, in every way. Also it can be easily overclocked and the performance rises significantly. It can be overclocked to 4Ghz even by not using water cooling. :p

Think this will lead to the retirement of the champ 920;-). Wat u say guyz?

Cheers,
Cosmos
wooo... :O u making me jealous now dude..lol...

well, so is it officially launched (with its prices)...??

well, yup it cud well be a dead end road for the core i7-920 but then wait .....there are still many ppl out here, who wud still want to save even a 1000-1500 bucks (as we all very well know) where those lil' extra rupees can be invested...lol....

Hey....thanx for the reply....i think the issue will be with flash which is not gpu accelerated at the moment while photoshop should run smooth with 1GB ram.....althought i agree with your processor aspect. i5 will definitely be a better option, if only i could get that........Also, I liked what Lenovo Ideapad 560 has to offer...but it still is not available in india.......

I would do a bit of r&d for that hp thing u mentioned...that sounds good but is easily 10k more than what Sony one was taking......so lets see
well, yaa i think the E Series will be able to dish out all the Apps (leaving aside a lil' few) also, since the price is really gr8, its a steal (as of now) ... i can also suggest u to add a few extra RAM (in ur E series) instead of goin for HP.. or even the current (4GB 1066Mhz) is more than enough for most of ur computational needs... :)

------------

Cheers n e-peace.....

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

I just gave it a thought and i also have concluded that better go in for water cooling corsair Hydro H-50 rather than the Prolimatech Meghalemfor a measely 1K ~ 1.5K price difference.....

^^
Already my CPU core is showing 42C. And the summers have just begun. Heck...! I will go for the H50 or the "Swiftech Apex Ultima". Check it out here. Trying to get a GO for this on TE. Should be around 12K.
ok so if both are compared, wich ones the better of the 2..??? coz even im planning to get one of water cooled CPU coolers for my i7-920...

i guess the Swiftech is immensely costly... :( also, regardless of watever i buy, will it fit into my CM 690 cabinet...??? (as its a mid tower).. :confused:
---------------

CHeers n e-peace....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
It should, cause most of it, will be harnessed out side. Only some tubing and the water block will be inside. Check out the Corsair H50. A sealed integrated unit. Manageable at around 5.5K. It is good too.

Blackfire

Journeyman

bro do write in depth review of the lappy as soon as posible.

but

do enjoy your holidays first? bye

Sid_gamer

Team Digit

wooo... :O u making me jealous now dude..lol...

well, so is it officially launched (with its prices)...??

well, yup it cud well be a dead end road for the core i7-920 but then wait .....there are still many ppl out here, who wud still want to save even a 1000-1500 bucks (as we all very well know) where those lil' extra rupees can be invested...lol....

well, yaa i think the E Series will be able to dish out all the Apps (leaving aside a lil' few) also, since the price is really gr8, its a steal (as of now) ... i can also suggest u to add a few extra RAM (in ur E series) instead of goin for HP.. or even the current (4GB 1066Mhz) is more than enough for most of ur computational needs... :)

------------

Cheers n e-peace.....

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

ok so if both are compared, wich ones the better of the 2..??? coz even im planning to get one of water cooled CPU coolers for my i7-920...

i guess the Swiftech is immensely costly... :( also, regardless of watever i buy, will it fit into my CM 690 cabinet...??? (as its a mid tower).. :confused:
---------------

CHeers n e-peace....
Yes...It'll fit in mid-tower's easily...and as u have a CM-690, I don't think there will be a problem fitting it in....
I have read a lot of reviews of both- the Corsair Hydro H-50 as well as the Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima and they are great water coolers to buy...But it totally depends on your budget.....:razz:
The Hydro H-50 is easy to install as it is a closed loop water cooler ...and the Swiftech is a pretty high-end offering as u can attain good OC's with it....

bozx

Broken In

So finally got my budget ready (waited for few days as went to Kolkata )
Now I have extended my budget from 56k to 61K

with new config

--core i7 930 arround 14k
--MSI x58 pro ( when asked for price got a bit higher 13k for the boards High demand earlier it was 10k without vat ) why i dont know
--Corsair 4GB 1333 MHZ arround 6k
--ATI 4870/5770 (which one is better) Palit
--Benq 2220 / Dell 22'' which to go.
--Corsair 450w
--cabinet NZXT
--UPS APC 2.2k
edited :
--500/1TB seagate (depends on the budget) WD will be costly.

sugession if any
will buy on Monday.
banglore

Last edited:
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

^^
It should, cause most of it, will be harnessed out side. Only some tubing and the water block will be inside. Check out the Corsair H50. A sealed integrated unit. Manageable at around 5.5K. It is good too.
ooh, well then i shudn't worry tatmuch i guess (abt fitting the swiftech) in my CM 690...

but do they (H50 and swiftech) both use water as the loquid cooling material or one's water and the other is sum coolant type (other than water)..???

also, y such a steep price...for the swiftech...?? :confused:

bro do write in depth review of the lappy as soon as posible.

but

do enjoy your holidays first? bye
hey i totally respect ur curiosity dude, and im extremely sorry tat im being selfish at this point of time (tat im holidaying and using my lappy) but not being able to provide u guys with the pics or the review.. :(

but will do so as soon as im back in mumbai on 1st apr (naa, its not april fool tat im making u all)..lol..
Yes...It'll fit in mid-tower's easily...and as u have a CM-690, I don't think there will be a problem fitting it in....
I have read a lot of reviews of both- the Corsair Hydro H-50 as well as the Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima and they are great water coolers to buy...But it totally depends on your budget.....:razz:
The Hydro H-50 is easy to install as it is a closed loop water cooler ...and the Swiftech is a pretty high-end offering as u can attain good OC's with it....
ok agreed thanx for the info, really appreciate it, but wat is the actual difference b/w the 2 (apart from price) , is the swiftech's cooling efficiency more as compared to H50...?? (I mean say is it cooling at a faster rate the cpu than the h50)...?? :confused: coz i hv made up my mind to go for a water cooled cooler for my i7-920 but cant decide b/w the 2 of these...
So finally got my budget ready (waited for few days as went to Kolkata )
Now I have extended my budget from 56k to 61K

with new config

--core i7 930 arround 14k
--MSI x58 pro ( when asked for price got a bit higher 13k for the boards High demand earlier it was 10k without vat ) why i dont know
--Corsair 4GB 1333 MHZ arround 6k
--ATI 4870/5770 (which one is better) Palit
--Benq 2220 / Dell 22'' which to go.
--Corsair 450w
--cabinet NZXT
--UPS APC 2.2k
edited :
--500/1TB seagate (depends on the budget) WD will be costly.

sugession if any
will buy on Monday.
banglore
hmm... ok.. let me hv a look...

1.) the RAM is 2x2GB (that means 2 sticks)..?? right..?? well its better to go for 3GB (3x1GB) Sticks to better utilise the tri channel architecture supported by core i7 believe me..

2.) The PSU: are u sure u gonna stay with jus one gpu forever..??? coz if u change ur mind (And go for sli or cfx) then u shud be having a minimum of 650-700W psu (well, if i were u and if i was playing with jus one gpu, still i wud hv opted for a lil bit more room and got myself a 500 or 550W psu..) :)

3.) Since ur PSU is an Active PFC type (it will need a pure sine wave ups)..but looking at ur 2.23K for the APC UPS, i guess its a stepped/modified sine wave UPS (a BACK UPS range) ...right...???

4.) Well, for the HDD, yup,u can go in for a 500GB, but go in with a WD... :)
--------------

Cheers n e-peace....

bozx

Broken In

tnx for the reply....
how many slots that msi board have (i can upgrade to 3 more sticks latter)
* i am not avid gamer wont need sli
only play ( dirt/shift/mstwntd/testdrive) only racing genere.

PSU : will my budget suite more than 450 w
UPS: i can not spend more than that.i dont need long backups just knough to shut it down.

confused on Graphics card and monitor
pls reply..

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

I guess the MSi board has 6 RAM slots...

for the PSU, go with a minimum of 500-550W Corsair (it wud be 2K more roughly)

UPS: well i am not saying tat u get a UPS wich has the highest back up time, im jus saying tat IF (and i say "if") ur PSU tat u are buying has ACTIVE PFC written on its Box,then u shud buy a pure sine wave UPS...so i hope u got my point...(Active pfc psu need pure sine wave ups)

for gpu: go with a 5xxx series and NOT 4xxx, for monitor, suit ur needs( as per the budget)... :)

Sid_gamer

Team Digit

@ashu
The Swiftech is totally a custom CPU water cooler and such coolers have an increased performance ratio than the pre-built water coolers like Corsair H-50, that is why there is also a huge price difference between both of them......

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
True, the Swiftech has a separate reservoir, radiator, and pump unit. So the flow rate would be higher, better cooling. Bu one has to be almost double.

bozx

Broken In
ok tnx ashu
i w ill look into that ups if i get into.
If i buy tomoro i will post updates with pictures.....
??? Should i let them assemble or do it my self ( i know well knough )

ok tnx ashu
i w ill look into that ups if i get into.
If i buy tomoro i will post updates with pictures.....
??? Should i let them assemble or do it my self ( i know well knough )

if you are getting all peripherals from one shop then let them assemble, as if any thing seems to be defective it could be replaced then and there, and after coming home organise it to your needs.

bozx

Broken In
ok tnx i will make them build it./...

but the shop i went is asking
NZXT Gamma
*lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=10970
as 2.5k
earliar they coted as 1800 + vat
any options ( suggest any other Cabinet )
pls reply fast...

jet

Right off the assembly line
I am new bie in PC hardware/electronics.

I am planning the system and I want the suggestion for PSU.

Config
Intel Core i3-530 + INTEL DH55TC
2GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
ATI Radeon 4350
500 GB Sata Seagate
Sony DVD WR
Coolermaster elite 310

OS
Windows 7

Usage
Software Development (MS visual Studio 2008/Adobe Photoshop/illustrator.)
Watching Movies.
Very Less Gaming.

Q.1 What is the suitable PSU in terms of watt . (400/450/500)
Q.2 Should I go for branded or Generic PSU.

^ go for 4gb ram, lg dvd writer and gfx should be atleast 5750 and psu corsair 450W should suffice your needs, any ways what is the monitor you are using.........

Top Bottom