the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

rahul941400

Broken In
Re: The Official Core i7 (Intel's nehalem) Thread

^^
Rahul, please update your signature. Difficult to browse legacy posts and find your system configuration.

okay I updated my siggy...
and guyz there is a little problem... damnn... its the UPS, please suggest, would this one do fine>>
*lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=5880

=> I have cooler master GX 550 SMPS Active PFC type
=> 22" Benq TFT

thanks

jet

Right off the assembly line
^ go for 4gb ram, lg dvd writer and gfx should be atleast 5750 and psu corsair 450W should suffice your needs, any ways what is the monitor you are using.........

@azaad_shri75
thanx for your reply.
this time i am tight in my budget.
so keeping my config low where is possible.
I will keep your suggestion in my mind for my next upgrade.
I am using my 7 year old 15" CRT. :cry:
I will upgrade in next year. :razz:

My question is, generic PSU are bad?
Since I am using low end GPU will generic PSU will be sufficient???

yep generic psu's are bad, there are alternate cheap yet good standard ones from gigabyte are mentioned by our members on back pages please look for it.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

and guyz there is a little problem... damnn... its the UPS, please suggest, would this one do fine>>

=> 22" Benq TFT

thanks

could you state the prices of your rig's contents for info.......

rahul941400

Broken In
Yeah why not, I'd copy it from my previous post :p

Here:
-Core i7 920 @ 14.5k
-Gigabyte GA x58a UD5 @ ~17.4k
-3X2GB DDR3 1600Mhz G-skill @ 9.5k
-1 TB Western Digital HDD(green) @ 4.1k
-MSI HD 5770 GDDR5 graphics card. @ 9.7k
-Benq G2220 22" screen @ 7.6k
-Sony DVD writer @ 1.2k
-CM 690 Cabinet @ 4.2k
-Cooler Master GX550 @4.8k
-Logitech keyboard-Mouse Combo @ 0.7k
-Creative 2.1 SBS A300 speakers @1.3k

totals ~75k

cosmos

Broken In
Guyz,

Recently i got my rig configured with i7 930 Proc, MSI X58 Pro-E , G.Skill F3-12800 1600MHz CL9 6GB. My proc is currently running at 2.8Ghz as i haven't overclocked it yet. It is still running on Stock cooler and i will overclock it once i get a good HSF next month.
But yesterday i saw that the my ram is running at just 1066MHZ whereas it supports speed upto 1600Mhz. Can sum1 here please tell me how to overclock the ram only leaving the Proc apart. I'm a noobish in the area of overclocking. :(

Cheers,
Cosmos

Last edited:
Guyz,

Recently i got my rig configured with i7 930 Proc, MSI X58 Pro-E , G.Skill F3-12800 1600MHz CL9 6GB. My proc is currently running at 2.8Ghz as i haven't overclocked it yet. It is still running on Stock cooler and i will overclock it once i get a good HSF next month.
But yesterday i saw that the my ram is running at just 1066MHZ whereas it supports speed upto 1600Mhz. Can sum1 here please tell me how to overclock the ram only leaving the Proc apart. I'm a noobish in the area of overclocking. :(

Cheers,
Cosmos

check in the bios for options to do that, are there any physical buttons on the board to overclock? if no then bios is only option check the multiplier there.

cosmos

Broken In
There are 3 physical buttons on the motherboard to overclock the base clock. The base clock is currently set at 133Mhz speed and 2 more buttons are for 166Mhz and 200Mhz. But i dont want to linger too much around this and just wanted something directly from the bios. The clock multiplier is currently set at 21*133 setting the Proc speed at 2.8Ghz but i want to know which options are specific for overclocking the Ram i.e. changing it from 1066 to 1366 or 1600Mhz.

Cheers,
Cosmos

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ashu
The Swiftech is totally a custom CPU water cooler and such coolers have an increased performance ratio than the pre-built water coolers like Corsair H-50, that is why there is also a huge price difference between both of them......

^^
True, the Swiftech has a separate reservoir, radiator, and pump unit. So the flow rate would be higher, better cooling. Bu one has to be almost double.
thanx both of u for explain this to me, thanx guys, appreciate it... will plan to get myself one of those 12K babies..lol
btw, where can i get tat thingy..?? :confused:

ok tnx ashu
i w ill look into that ups if i get into.
If i buy tomoro i will post updates with pictures.....
??? Should i let them assemble or do it my self ( i know well knough )
well, get it assembled (i mean the entire system) from the person/shop tat u are buying from, as tat will eliminate or reduce the risk of u getting into assembling confusion... :)

=> 22" Benq TFT

thanks
buddy, the UPS is called as "APC BACK UPS" and APC has 2 types of UPS models:
1.) BACK UPS: Wich means they are stepped/modified sine wave ups (and definately NOT suitable for ACTIVE PFC type of PSUes)

2.) SMART UPS: wich means they are pure sine wave ups (perfectly suitable for ACTIVE PFC type of PSUes).. :)
@ashu

BUDDY UPDATE THE FIRST PAGE FOR THE I7 930 AND 980X MODELS.

CHEERS......
yup, wicky i will,,, actually i am on holiday (and frankly speaking the net here sucks) :( i will surely update the 2st page infact if u ALL guys :) must hv noticed then the title of the thread has been changed from "Official core i7 thread" to "The Official Core ix (i3,i5,i7) Thread for Desktops & Laptops")
so wich certaily means tat alot and i mean aLOT more stuff will be added on the 1st page relating to laptops as well.. so plz giv me sum time, i will surely update the same... :)

and a big big thanx goes to "shantanu" for helping me out and accepting my request to change the thread's title to a new one.. thanx buddy...i hope u got my PM too.. :)
==============

Cheers n e-peace....

Ashu,,,,

cosmos

Broken In
yep thats what am saying check the clock setting for memory and slowly increase one step at a time and check for stability.

Ok so i tried some things out in Bios. In my bios settings for MSI X58 Pro-e with Core i7 930 Proc, i changed the memory ratio to 5 and the Adjusted dram frequency came out as 1333MHz...Uncore ratio is still set to Auto and the Adjusted Uncore frequency is 2666Mhz.
Does this do the job?
I ran CPUZ and in the memory tab i found these settings:
NB frequency - 2666Mhz
Dram frequency - 666 Mhz :?:
FSB:DRAM 2:10
CAS# Latency (CL) - 9 clocks
RAS # to CAS # delay (trcd) - 9 clocks
RAS# precharge (tRP) - 9 clocks
Cycle time (tRAS) - 24 clocks
Row refresh cycle time (tRFC) - 88 clocks
Command Rate (CR) - 1T

Please tell me whether the Ram frequency is now 1333Mhz or i am missing out something here?:|

Cheers,
Cosmos

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Added pics of Bios

*img532.imageshack.us/img532/6780/25032010094.jpg

CPUZ pics

*img708.imageshack.us/img708/6513/cpuzpics.jpg

Cheers,
Cosmos

Last edited:

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
@ Cosmos...
Even i am having trouble running My G.Skill at its rated specs....Coz i am also an amateur in OC'ing....

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

This is the CPU-Z Screenshot...

*i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sid_gamer/CPUInfo.jpg

cosmos

Broken In
@ Cosmos...
Even i am having trouble running My G.Skill at its rated specs....Coz i am also an amateur in OC'ing....

Yup, this doesn't seem to be difficult, just it is little scary as there is a small risk running in the back of our mind that sumthing might go wrong.
Actually I just wanted to overclock the ram nw bcoz 1066Ghz was too low for a 1600 capable thing!

I will overclock my Procy once i get a Good HSF. Also i need a 140mm fan for my cabinet and i just can't find that here in Bangalore or on ebay.

^ if in cpuz its showing as 667mz for ram than its ok, as your ram is ddr(double data rate-so double of 667 is 1336):smile:

Hope watvr i did sticks n der and no smoke or campfire starts inside the Cabinet. :p

Cheers,
Cosmos

^ buddy nothing will happen:razz:, achcha could you mention some good shops at bengaluru who sell at reasonable prices with original bill and genuine products, as there is a possibility of mine visiting there next month, so would like to pick some stuff from there.

cosmos

Broken In
Hmmm...Main place for getting stuff in Bangalore is S.P. Market, near the Town hall.
Also in this area the shops which keep good and promising gaming stuff are:
1. Golcha computers(The guy here is rude but if you find him at a good timing then he might the lowest price. I got my stuff from him)
2. Ankit Infotech (U have 2 bargain a lot here, get price list from somewhere else first, then come back to this shop)
3. Krrish Infotech(run by Gujrati 's :) )
4. IT Gain (Nice gaming stuff. Reasonable priced)

Go down the whole length of the road...If you are a techie, u will love it :p

Cheers,
Cosmos

cosmos

Broken In
I dont know the exact route from Bommasandra as i stay in a complete different location 15k away 4m dat place.
Best bet is that you ask directions for Town hall. In front of the town hall, there is a road which has two diversions after few metres. Take right on that. U will c a lot of traffic going on that road and also this road is a one way. Walk 20m on that road, then on your left you can spot a lot of computers shops in a lane.Thats the computer lane for SP Road.
If you are coming on bike then you can hardly find space for parking:x, you might have to go nearly to the end of the road to park n come back. Dat is my usual problem. N ya dont park on wrong side of the road or in a no parking zone because the police make a hefty amount of money by lifting the bikes here.:shock:

Hope that helped :)
N ya if you are still having difficulties search in google maps "Sadar Patrappa Rd, Nagarathpet, Bengaluru, Karnataka"

Cheers,
Cosmos

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

n ya try to stick with the shops i mentioned. U might find a few others who also sell items at a little lower price but if by chance anything goes wrong then these shops might make u sweat a lot just to get it checked.

Top Bottom