the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Re: The Official Core i7 (Intel's nehalem) Thread

@ amitash.. :)

Thanx for the suggestion bro, jus ordered the CM 690 with side panel.. :)
-----------

to coolnikk: :)
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA – Rs 6500

Video Card: sli or crossfire or single

Monitor: Samsung 2233SW – Rs 15500 or any other

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium -t0rrent

Ram:Corsair TR3X3G-1333C9 --------------------------------------> Rs. 8200/- or 6gb

PSU: tagan BZ1100

Cabinet: Nvidia cm690 – Rs 6000
1.) The HDD (WD): is good.. but a bit too costly.. I got myself a Caviar Green from theitwares.com for a price of Rs.5100/-

2.) Videocard: It all depends on wich side u favour, nVIDIA or ATi... personally im a nVIDIA fan :) so i recommend u that... but still again.. its ur wish...

but watever u do, DONT buy 2 cards (Either for SLi or CF)..coz the price will surely come down as both nVIDIA and ATi will be releasing their new range of cards.. so jus BUY one at the present time.. :)

3.) Monitor: This is the best monitor, believe me, so go for it.. :)

4.) OS: Vista... ok good.get 64 bit edition..but if u wanna hv a dual boot OS option, then first install Win XP (32bit) and the install Vista (64bit) OS.. :)
also... plz edit that t0r*ent word from ur post.. :D

5.) RAM: as of now go for 3 GB RAM.. dnt blow ur money off, keep it for future upgrades..

6.) PSU: the TAGAN BZ1100 psu is an ACTIVE PFC type of PSU, wich simply means tat it needs a PURE SINE WAVE o/p type UPS..so if u plan to get a UPS for ur precious system, get APC SMART UPS (model: SUA 1500 i) its a 1500 VA 980W UPS and will serve best for u in future even for TRi SLi or CFX... :)

7.) Cabinet: tats a good cabinet, get a side panel type of CM690 cabinet... :)
the cabinet is too costly... i paid Rs.4400/- from theitwares.com :)
-----------

Hope sum of ur querries are clarified.. but ur config exceeds ur 1-Lac budget...:) its comming to 1.36 Lac.. :( so u need to cut down on sum stuff.. like sound card, communincations, headset and speakers..
------------

Cheers n e-peace.....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

AAre sunny dude... both are jus the same mobo... i mean Extreme has got the so called GB's Hybrid sink pipe 2 design wich is this little heat sink ---> *www.clunk.org.uk/forums/reviews/15041-gigabyte-ga-ex58-extreme-living-review.html#post44175

see the link for the "Hybrid Silent pipe 2 fitted" .... where as the UD5 has not got that... simple.. :)

and overall, for OCing GB mobos are not preferred, instead Evga... :)
-----------

darklord

Cyborg Agent

UD5 is a more sensible option.Extreme isnt worth the price premium it demands.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent

wats the price for Core i7 965?? is it available in India??

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

Agreed to darklord.. :)
---------

to: j1n M@tt : the price are as follows:

1.) Core i7 920 ---------> Rs. 15.5K
2.) Core i7 940 ---------> Rs. 25K
3.) Core i7 965 ---------> Rs. 55K

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

^^

Congrats..:) . but for 25K is it????
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
===========

To all: guys, one of my sticky threads in the Gamerz section was removed from sticky.. :( can anyone tell me whom to contact to re list that thread as Sticky again ?? :(
this was my thread wich was removed from sticky.. ---> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82371

so any help wud be really appreciated.. guys... :(
----------

Cheers n e-peace....

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ ashu888ashu888

Did you order the CM690 with transparent side panel ?

Regarding your doubt about CM690 - you have to put the PSU at the bottom of this cabby. I think I've told you about that in some post.

I'm also eager to see those pics of your rig ( though it's not ready yet ).
But it's just delaying......... :p

BTW, you have to invest in some cool led fans ( atleast 3-4 120mm ) to see the cabbys beauty
& get the proper air circulation.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

^^

ooh yeah.. i hv ordered extra fans (2) from the already existing 2 fans (one front and one rear) so in total it will be 4 fans with LEDs.. :D and yes sir ji :D i hv ordered CM690 with the side panel wala cabinet and yes, the PSU will go at the bottom.. :)

My Rig will be ready by tomorrow.. :D so expect the pics til late nite tomo.. :)
----------

Also, about our (ur and mine) UPS confusion over connectors :D, now since the Rig and LCD power cord confusion were sorted out.. :)

tell me dude, how are u planning to get ur 2 pin plug wale peripherals like Router adapter, speakers etc to power up ?? via spike guard or via a separate main outlet.. ??? :confused:

Cheers n e-peace.....

coolnikk

Journeyman

ashu this is the link *www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=1725
is this monitor better than my samsung.i also got tat cm 690 nvidia wala in rs 6000 as i think to prefer it as it has superion coolnig or shall i go with tat centurion. im a nvidia fan so suggest me a good gfx card.

amitash

Intel OCer

Video Card: sli or crossfire or single

SLI now is too expensive for the price/perf ratio....You can get 2xMSI HD4870 crossfire, or the best thing will be to wait untill mid april and get a single 4890...Its bound to be less than 20k as it will be 300$ at release.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^

ooh yeah.. i hv ordered extra fans (2) from the already existing 2 fans (one front and one rear) so in total it will be 4 fans with LEDs.. :D and yes sir ji :D i hv ordered CM690 with the side panel wala cabinet and yes, the PSU will go at the bottom.. :)

My Rig will be ready by tomorrow.. :D so expect the pics til late nite tomo.. :)
----------

Also, about our (ur and mine) UPS confusion over connectors :D, now since the Rig and LCD power cord confusion were sorted out.. :)

tell me dude, how are u planning to get ur 2 pin plug wale peripherals like Router adapter, speakers etc to power up ?? via spike guard or via a separate main outlet.. ??? :confused:

Cheers n e-peace.....

I only need to connect the speaker...So I'm using it from main power outlet of my home :p

racevthme

Broken In

Mine is also an i7 Rig... .

Suggestion :: Mite be Helpful

CodeMasters games like GRID and DIRT are not playable on i7 ..

To make them work...goto system folder in game installation directory..edit hardware_settings_restrictions.xml ....

search for workerMap8Core ... change it to workerMap4Core

The game will work ...

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

ashu this is the link *www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=1725
is this monitor better than my samsung.i also got tat cm 690 nvidia wala in rs 6000 as i think to prefer it as it has superion coolnig or shall i go with tat centurion. im a nvidia fan so suggest me a good gfx card.
Well, Samsung is a Best known brand for LCDs.. (i knw their Optical Drives $uck BIG time..) so go for Samsung 2233.. w;out any doubt..(even im planning to buy that same LCD).. :)

For the Cabinet, go for CM690 (side panel) wala cabinet (it has 2 fans already installed, one front and one rear) and u hv the option to install 5 more fans.. so i ordered 2 extra Blue LED (120mm) fans so in total, i'll hv 4 fans..

Guys, (to all) is the BLUE LED fan good enough (i mean color wise) or shud i get multi color LED fan.. ??

For the gpu (since u are an nVIDA fan)... :D as of now, go for a SINGLE Evga gtx280 SSC (super super clock) edition as its 22.7K ... any other wud be way too costly like gtx285 or any higher..

SLI now is too expensive for the price/perf ratio....You can get 2xMSI HD4870 crossfire, or the best thing will be to wait untill mid april and get a single 4890...Its bound to be less than 20k as it will be 300$ at release.
Well, he is an nVIDIA fan...amitash.. :D
I only need to connect the speaker...So I'm using it from main power outlet of my home :p
Ooh.. :( .... but wat abt ur router ?? (or u using a LAN card kya?) :confused:

Finally, my system will be ready by tomo evening.. :D (as i'll be getting the i7 and cabinet tomo)
Mine is also an i7 Rig... .

Suggestion :: Mite be Helpful

CodeMasters games like GRID and DIRT are not playable on i7 ..

To make them work...goto system folder in game installation directory..edit hardware_settings_restrictions.xml ....

search for workerMap8Core ... change it to workerMap4Core

The game will work ...
Plz post ur config (in quotes using
tags with prices of every component, location u purchased from) :)

and thanx for the suggestion, i hv not tested those games still.. but will do so..:)
Posted again:
===========

TO all: HEy guys, shud we make this thread a sticky ??? :confused: ... wat u ppl say.. ??

Last edited:
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

^^

thanx for the update.. :)
Posted again:
============

Offtopic:

To all: guys, one of my sticky threads in the Gamerz section was removed from sticky.. can anyone tell me whom to contact to re list that thread as Sticky again ??
this was my thread wich was removed from sticky.. ---> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82371

so any help wud be really appreciated.. guys... :(:(
----------

Cheers n e-peace....

Last edited:

vikrant333

Owner of Core i7

the price of samsung 2233sw is 10500/-not as mentioned abve 15500/-
so be careful while buying lcd..

if u buy that lcd then other option will be dell s2209w full hd which is available @10300 with 3 year warranty from lynx-india.com selling @ techenclave.com

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

^^ hhey thanx for the update, :)

but u sure abt the price.. ?? :confused:
--------------

TO all: Finally, the day has come wen my Core i7 came to life and full 1100W of PSU power (well not really a total of 1100W).. :D
Had installation finished (today, by 23.00 hrs) and will be posting pics tomo :D
(as now using my old P4 system for posting this reply) :D
---------

Man, the LEDs of the Taga PSU and the LED fan (front grill of CM690, with side panel cabinet) is jus awesome, i was awe struck wen the system was fully ON.. :D
--------

Will, post pics tomo morning surely..(topgear, pakka yaar, kal pics yahan hongey) :D
---------

Now, im getting a bit more greedy and thinking of buying the Samsung 2233 22" LCD.. :D so any takers for my

1.) current (2 yr. old) Samsung 19" LCD (model: SyncMaster 920NW).. ?
[Reason for selling: planning to buy Samsung 2233, 22" LCD]
and
2.) APC 500VA UPS (model: BACK UPS ES 500)..?
[Reason for selling: planning to buy APC 1500VA, 980W UPS]
---------

Cheers n e-peace....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Congrats buddy. Waiting eagerly for the the pics. So today will be the D-day :p

Why don't you go for benq 22 inch HD monitor instead. It will offer you full HD resolution on it's 22inch screen & you will be a HD gamer with HD rig :p

you can consider two of these :
BenQ t2200hd Rs. 9.5K or SO.
BenQ e2200hd Rs. 11.5K ( Recomended )

Last edited:
Top Bottom