the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

dilipc

Broken In
can any one suggest me a intel ix rig for my friend.

he plays game, watches movies and do programming skills.

budget - 20k
already has HDD,lcd monitor, KB and mouse,UPS.DVD drive

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
hye amitash

give me the intel i5 pc config. + price.
i want to play gta4 and mafia 2 like games with hight settings.
my budget is 45k.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Had a discussion with a dealer. The minimal price for an imported Swiftech XT Ultima water cooling kit is 15K. I am not interested, since it is too high. Let me know, if any ones wants one, can coordinate.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Get a best twin tower HSF, and put some high speed fans on it. Scythe or Noctua, will be better and cheaper. Not too impressed by the H50.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
1. Scythe Ultra Kaze 120mm (DFS123812H-3000 3000rpm version)
2. Scythe S-FLEX 120mm (S-FLEX SFF21G 1,900 rpm)

The first one is a monster and really loud. Would need a fan controller with it.

Also:
What you think of the CoolerMaster Aquagate MAX. It is a full fledged water cooling system. Here is the review link, and here is the official CM link. Lynx is showing it at ~13K. Only downside (I feel), if the motherboard is non - ESA (nforce) we loose the automatic control, and might be a problem tilting the chassis once the reservoir is installed ina 5 1/2" bay.

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
1. Scythe Ultra Kaze 120mm (DFS123812H-3000 3000rpm version)
2. Scythe S-FLEX 120mm (S-FLEX SFF21G 1,900 rpm)

The first one is a monster and really loud. Would need a fan controller with it.

Also:
What you think of the CoolerMaster Aquagate MAX. It is a full fledged water cooling system. Here is the review link, and here is the official CM link. Lynx is showing it at ~13K. Only downside (I feel), if the motherboard is non - ESA (nforce) we loose the automatic control, and might be a problem tilting the chassis once the reservoir is installed ina 5 1/2" bay.

I've read a couple of reviews of the Aquagate max before and though they were good, but still the CM Aquagate Max was never a success...
Espescially about the tilting of the chassis which is the downside of this cooler and the ESA certified mobo requirement is very sparse so basically if anyone is investing say 13k~14k in a liquid cooler should better increase the budget a bit and go for Swiftech or Danger Den kits coz they are great on performance and reliability....

which HSF or liquid cooler are u planning to pick...????

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

And i'm not saying that the CM Aquagate Max is bad by any means but it's too costly for the performance it gives....
What do u think about it..??

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
CM Aquagate production has stopped. Just read about it today. I think I will remain with my Hyper 212, and put in two hyper Scythe 3000RPM fans. I need to worry about the sound, cause I have a fan controller.

Azad:
You planning to keep the chassis at ground level. It will pull in dust big time. Nice pictures.

^^
CM Aquagate production has stopped. Just read about it today. I think I will remain with my Hyper 212, and put in two hyper Scythe 3000RPM fans. I need to worry about the sound, cause I have a fan controller.

Azad:
You planning to keep the chassis at ground level. It will pull in dust big time. Nice pictures.

its on a wooden plank, am planning for stand like thing for it.

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^

Azad:

Aren't u upgrading ur CPU ???

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
No dude , I was asking asigh....

yes I got it little late- as I remembered asigh was talking of cpu change - damn memory problems - both of computer and brain:p

The last and best thing I can get is a Q95xx. And a brand new one is available for 14K. No ways will I do that. Trying to get a good deal on TE for a second hand on. 7-8K range. Hoping. Got to wait. Else I cannot upgrade, unless socket change, which is pointless as of now --- for me.

Top Bottom