the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

Krow

Crowman
I am going to upgrade my storage space in the summer. What looks like a better option?

1.5TB WD Green Internal or 1TB External drive with eSATA and USB? Of course the latter will be costlier, but it can be carried around and I don't need to power it on all the time.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

1TB and above Ext hdds need a power adapter for powering it up... buddy.. :)

well, the choice is urs, if u happen to be like me (Who wants his games,movies,music and other docs on the move (as i carry a lappy) then u can definately go for a eSATA (USB 2.0 shud be ur min requirement, but it sucks..lol..) based Ext HDDs (I hv posted pics on my ext. HDD on the 1st pg (post#3)...

also, since i wanted a back up solution (and didnt want tat it whu be fitted permanently in my cabinet, but jus a carry along piece of device, i opted for a eSATA based Ext HDD..its like having a bigger pen drive on the move..lol..

my Seagate BlackARmor WS110 (1 TB) ext hdd costed me Rs.6900/- (purchased on march 10th, 2010) with bill and warranty slips.. :)

if i were u, i wud say, go for a Ext HDD (if price was not an issue) as u can keep it as a back up drive and can connect to ur PC and/or lappy or any other device wenever u feel the need for it.. :)

also,, u wud NOT want to worry abt HDD enclosures (Wich u need it badly wen u wanna carry ur int hdd) around.. :)
-----------

Cheers n e-peace....

Krow

Crowman
I know it needs an external power connector. :) I have my friend's WD 1TB My Book Essential (USB, no eSATA) with me now.

Only disadvantage of the External drives is that there is only 3 year warranty. Internal WD's have a 5 year warranty while Internal Seagate's have 3 years.

If I buy it will either be WD Internal or eSATA external (whichever as both have 3 year warranty).

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
:smile: thnx to reply me.:wave:
i wana buy i5 machine & HD display :razz:.
i want to play gta4 like games at high settings.
u plz give me the con-fig.with 19"/20" HD monitor. suggest me the best mid-range gpu. My total budget is 40k.:x

is 19" monitor is enough or should i go for 20":?:.

i hv choosen nvidia 9800gt.:!:
second question i wana ask is
"is there any i5 laptop exists which can play hight end games with decent battery life :?:"

plz rely bro im so confused...:C_disgusted:

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
relating to the laptop querry: well, there are many core i5 based laptops around, from SONY VAIO (E series), DELL, HP, Acer etc...

but the thing with core i5 based laptops is tat u DO NOT get a good graphics (GPU) card with it... :(

so the equation is this way:
---> Core i5 processor+average gpu (good proc but average gpu)
---> Core i3 processor+better gpu (a less powerful proc as compared to i5 but a really good gpu)

i hv a core i3-330M based SONY Vaio E series lappy for 50K, with ATi Mobility Radeon 5650 (1GB), 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD and a fullHD resolution (1920X1080)..

and i play crysis (Mass effect 1,2(med-high setting), Command n Conquer 3(ultra high),4(high), fifa 2010(ultra high) etc) on med settings easily, so i guess gta series shud run gr8 on it... :)

always remember, no matter how powerful a lappy is...its battery life is short (abt 60-120 mins wen on full CHarge) wen playing games...

so its ur call, if u want portability, u can go in for lappy, else a desktop... :)
------------

u can check out my lappy pics and also my rig pics on the 1st page, to get an idea abt how my new lappy is.. :)
----------

Cheers n e-peace....

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

======================

@ asigh: thats a HAF 932 cabinet (if im not mistaken).. :)

@ azaad: good cabling as of now (since u hv a full tower chassis).. :)
will wait for the rest of the pics... :)

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
u plz give me the con-fig.with 19"/20" HD monitor. suggest me the best mid-range gpu. My total budget is 40k.:mad:

u plz give me the con-fig.with 19"/20" HD monitor. suggest me the best mid-range gpu. My total budget is 40k.:mad:

you should go for 22" models as most of them available for around 8k and the best mid range gpu would be hd5770 around 9-10k.

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
yep its CM GX 750W psu,

no its not sucking air from cabby, it sucks air from bottom of cabby and throws out, you did not see it in pic? it fixed at bottom.

My cabinet is CM 310 Elite and my PSU is CM 500 w which is mounted atop. So the fan of it is directed towards cpu fan . On the rear of the cabby there is 120 mm stock CM fan which is on the left of CPU. So what actually i want to know is that : is the PSU fan giving hot air on CPU OR it is drawing the hot air from cpu and throws out through the mesh?

My cabinet is CM 310 Elite and my PSU is CM 500 w which is mounted atop. So the fan of it is directed towards cpu fan . On the rear of the cabby there is 120 mm stock CM fan which is on the left of CPU. So what actually i want to know is that : is the PSU fan giving hot air on CPU OR it is drawing the hot air from cpu and throws out through the mesh?
I've never seen a psu that sucks air in, all the models throw air out from cabinet, if mounted on the top, and if mounted at bottom then it has nothing to do with the air inside the tower, as it sucks air from outside and throws outside, passing through smps, hope this clears your doubt.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
The PSU sucks air from the bottom of the unit. If the unit per say, was mounted on the top of the cabinet, would not the intake channel of 'fresh' air to the PSU innards be the air available in the cabinet..? My Corsair unit has a fan at the bottom of the unit. So it pulls in from below. Yes subsequently the air will be pushed out from the exhaust channel, but the cooling air is coming from within the cabinet. Upper mounted PSU bays, are basically bad design.

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
i5 gamming ring @ 40-45k

am a rockstar gamer. plz give me the complete configuration of i5 + price
suggest me both nvidia and ati 1gb gpus.
ur suggestions are valuable to me....:oops:
am waiting dudes...

Top Bottom